26 replies to this topic

#1 Heartbeat

Heartbeat

Teh Hajiman Sexy Fail Kru's Banana >D

• BoAjjang Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,771 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 02:14 AM

4minute joins g.o.d., TVXQ, and Wheesung for the "Legend of Music Bank" stage by performing a song of one of Korea's K-pop icons, BoA Kwon. Many other idols have covered BoA's songs including SNSD, JOO, KARA, and more.

Tonight, 4minute covers one of BoA's well-known songs, "No.1". BoA released her 2nd Korean album, "No.1," on April 2002. "No.1" debuted at #1 on Korean monthly charts with 232,400 units sold and continued to stay at the top for the next 4 months. The album was the 2nd best selling album of 2002 with 544,853 units sold.

In 2002, BoA won 3 Bonsang and 3 Daesang awards, marking it one of her best years in her Korean singing career.

Check out 4minute's version of BoA's 2002 hit song below. What did you think of their rendition?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHuI45Zf-pQ

Credits:
Sites: www.BoAjjang.com & www.Koreaboo.com
Writer/Editor:Uni(BoAjjang.com)
News Source:UnknownCarrot170

#2 WeLuvUBoA-kiddo

WeLuvUBoA-kiddo

My girlfriend just dumped me. -_-

• Hiatus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,318 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 02:57 AM

Hmm, (not really associated with 4minute so i don't know their names lol) but the girl with the short hair had a decent voice when she sang. I think they did pretty good when singin the chorus, a little shaky at some parts but not bad, not bad :)

Edited by WeLuvUBoA-kiddo, 22 April 2011 - 02:58 AM.

#3 Kiiroi

Kiiroi

I can't get BoA off my mind!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 03:10 AM

I don't know.. I didn't like it, although I'm very happy to hear No.1 sang by another people! :)

Thanks for the vid.

#4 xxiicorina

xxiicorina

Let's Jump High Together ٩(≧◡≦)�

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,495 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 03:27 AM

Good Job 4Minute! :D I think they did great ;)

So happy that they were singing no.1 :D

#5 upstream

upstream

BoA's Secret Boyfriend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,522 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 04:10 AM

Average. actually, it's boring that i just wanted them to finish it :|

#6 Bum

Bum

My family just disowned me!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,999 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 04:31 AM

wooh thanks for sharing.. waiting for the clip to load.. but by reading the comments here and on youtube.. i guess their performance is not that good..haha

#7 fararibmw

fararibmw

My BoA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,228 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 04:58 AM

I don't really watched a lot of NO.1 perf so I am not really sure how they fared dance wise. But vocally they did pretty OK. I think their voice isn't suitable for BoA's song lol. BoA's song ain't easy to sing at all

#8 InuBoA_Kwon

InuBoA_Kwon

BoA's First Snow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 05:47 AM

Waw,, great...
"Girl on Top" rules the stage... :lol:

#9 a_chan

a_chan

I can't get BoA off my mind!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 916 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 07:26 AM

I guess I'll just put what I posted on AKP.

4minute's performance was... Well one way to put it is: one 15 year old BoA > five members of 4minute. I mean Jiyoon and Sohyun performed well enough, though Jiyoon could have sung a bit more sweetly. Gayoon sang well but didn't look like she was into the song at all. Hyuna and Jihyun were too sexy and Hyuna didn't even know the choreography properly. Sorry I like 4minute, especially Jihyun, but I think f(x) would have been a better fit this song. Edit: If they had to cover a BoA song then I think Valenti would have worked best for them.

Just so everyone knows I'll put the member names.

Jiyoon - Short dark brown hair
Sohyun - Short blonde hair (though the lighting makes it look brown)
Gayoon - Long blonde hair
Hyuna - Long black hair
Jihyun - Long red hair

Edited by a_chan, 22 April 2011 - 07:43 AM.

#10 Moon&Sunrise

Moon&Sunrise

Love&Honesty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 09:09 AM

They did alright.

I'm not familiar with them either but the girl that did the belt before the do dodo do do part was :wub: Such a pretty voice. Best one imo

#11 Sakurada

Sakurada

mmm... BoA's cute

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 09:49 AM

BoA is the best =D

I've been looking for that fishnet shirt for years xD I wonder where you can buy it ...and there, they all got one >/

#12 Kudaranai

Kudaranai

humany wumany

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,080 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 09:52 AM

I thought it was...almost terrible, but that short-haired girl totally saved the performance. (I'm sorry, I do not know their names) I'm not the type that dislike things easily so it came as a total surprise that I thought this was bad when I've considered past BoA-tributes to be good and likable.

It makes you appreciate BoA even more though.

#13 TaMai

TaMai

I'm an official BoA fan!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 01:21 PM

4minute's performance was... Well one way to put it is: one 15 year old BoA > five members of 4minute.

It makes you appreciate BoA even more though.

they all seem so outta breath, boa sang this at such a young age when she just barely started her career and she did not sound this outta breath...
[email protected]

Personally, I'm normally very happy to see other artists pay tribute to BoA, most commonly there have been various covers of "No.1" & "My Name" (compared to the original, yeah, they're obviously lacking), but, I honestly felt bad for 4minute. Most people don't honestly realize that dancing and singing simultaneously is quite strenuous and the quotes above took the words right out of my mouth.

Hyuna (as much praise as she gets for dancing/being "sexy") and Jihyun both made me cringe in the beginning, Gayoon wasn't too bad [even if she barely danced along] Sohyun and Jihyun were the best [regardless of how out of breath they got at times] imo.

Edited by TaMai, 22 April 2011 - 01:23 PM.

#14 yunapolaris

yunapolaris

I'm here because

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,833 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 03:01 PM

No.1 got covered a lot ! :o :D

4minute perf :
- Outfit : 8 - I still like it on BoA better, 4minute's tops look like a fishing net :lol:
- Dancing : 7 - lacking some kind of energy =/
- Vocal : 6 - they were like almost out of breath on the high notes =/

Overall : 7/10 :)

#15 2boamystar

2boamystar

Always be BoA's fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 05:36 PM

Although I am happy that they cover BoA's song, I don't like this version...
In conclusion, BoA is the only one who can make her song sound wonderful :D because she is the legend :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users