Photo

The Royal Wedding

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

Poll: The Royal Wedding! (21 member(s) have cast votes)

What did you think?

1. Loved it! (10 votes [40.00%])

Percentage of vote: 40.00%

2. It was okay. (2 votes [8.00%])

Percentage of vote: 8.00%

3. It was stupid. (2 votes [8.00%])

Percentage of vote: 8.00%

4. Didn't care. (6 votes [24.00%])

Percentage of vote: 24.00%

5. Didn't watch it. (5 votes [20.00%])

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Spring Sakura

Spring Sakura

My family just disowned me!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 06:17 AM

Who watched it?!!!

Posted Image

I thought Kate Middleton (now Duchess of Cambridge) looked absolutely gorgeous in her wedding dress! It was so classic and elegant!
The whole ceremony was beautiful (a little boring in some places tho). :wub:

Posted Image

And didn't Prince Harry and Prince William look handsome? :wub:

Posted Image

What were your opinions? Did you like it? ^___^ (Did you watch it? lol)

For those who haven't, you can find the youtube coverage HERE.

Edited by Spring Sakura, 29 April 2011 - 08:58 AM.

#2 Johan-BoA-

Johan-BoA-

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 06:30 AM

Congrats! To the duke and his wife. ^_^

#3 hinachan

hinachan

I miss my mom so much....

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,472 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 06:59 AM

I personally think it's disgraceful that this wedding is all over the news in America, when there have been devastating tornadoes that have killed many people in the South--that deserves more coverage than the wedding of two overprivileged young people who have no real political function in the world.

I loved Diana, but William has obviously inherited too much of Charles' personality. He snubbed former UK prime ministers who defended the values that Diana espoused, while inviting former UK PM's who are against everything she stood for. He also invited heads of countries who allow horrible human rights violations (incl. torture) to go on in their nations, yet he didn't even invite President Obama. (Like him or not, he's still the leader of the free world.)

I think William would have become a better person if Diana had lived. Very sad. :(

#4 Spring Sakura

Spring Sakura

My family just disowned me!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 08:01 AM

I personally think it's disgraceful that this wedding is all over the news in America, when there have been devastating tornadoes that have killed many people in the South--that deserves more coverage than the wedding of two overprivileged young people who have no real political function in the world.

I loved Diana, but William has obviously inherited too much of Charles' personality. He snubbed former UK prime ministers who defended the values that Diana espoused, while inviting former UK PM's who are against everything she stood for. He also invited heads of countries who allow horrible human rights violations (incl. torture) to go on in their nations, yet he didn't even invite President Obama. (Like him or not, he's still the leader of the free world.)

I think William would have become a better person if Diana had lived. Very sad. :(

Jeez, way to kill the mood.

I think you assume too much about a public persons' personality. What you see is the projected public image. At the end of the day, as much as I respect the late Princess Diana for her contributions to the world in humanitarian acts, I also acknowledge that she is also human. If you're going to paint her as a saint, then you're doing others wrong by projecting a romanticized image of a person, adding to her already over-sensationalized public persona. You don't know William, none of us do. As for who he invites to the wedding --how do you know he had much of a choice in the guest list? Are you that naive? He might have had some control but not complete.

I think your judgement on the nature of Prince William's character is also ridiculous. I don't know if you've lost your mother, but I think insinuating that the loss of a persons' mother has rendered them less of a wonderful person is abysmal and unforgivable --even if it is the internet and you are protected by your anonymity. I know we all honour the idea of "Freedom of speech", but somethings just shouldn't be said --but you seem to like to say them all.

Furthermore, allow me to add that the royal family serves as a reminder to a world that has seemingly lost all sense of the idea of heritage, legacy, culture and graciousness that these virtues are not just applicable to the past. Also, their identities as Royalty play a huge role in the minds of the public --thus is their political power. A visit from Prince William to another country is just as significant in building inter-nation relationships as any other poltician --IN TERMS of what he represents. His political power is the connection he has with the public. I didn't realize I needed to spell that out to you.

Damn, it's like the mood in the thread has just been torched. At the end of the day, this is a great thing! I'm glad for the celebrations! It has been a part of British tradition for hundreds of years and now we all get to enjoy it!

Back to joy!

Edited by Spring Sakura, 29 April 2011 - 09:00 AM.

#5 InuBoA_Kwon

InuBoA_Kwon

BoA's First Snow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 08:53 AM

I'm totally don't care w/ this wedding party..
There are other things I had to see and I don't get any benefits by seeing this party..
This earth is in hard period..
From the natural disasters till the new dictators named Khadafi..
And there are so many people suffer because of these cases..
Open your eyes..
Don't think that life contains w/ happiness only..
It isn't the proper time to see and focus on this wedding party while the world cries..

#6 studmuffin

studmuffin

My girlfriend just dumped me. -_-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,265 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 09:36 AM

"while the world cries"

You sound like you write songs

#7 Moon&Sunrise

Moon&Sunrise

Love&Honesty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 11:37 AM

she is too pretty for him
I say she dumps that looser and gets with a stud like me B)

Anyways, yea I tried to watch it, but it seemed like the harder I tried to concentrate on the wedding, The more distracting my drawing of Taeyeon became DX

#8 Yabisi

Yabisi

Robot BoA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,017 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 12:44 PM

I wasn't interested enough to watch it, but I think the groom's suit is nice. Congrats to them. If there's official pictures posted somewhere, I'd look at them, but I tend to find formal weddings boring :ph34r:

Edited by Yabisi, 29 April 2011 - 12:46 PM.

#9 MrP

MrP

I'm an official BoA fan!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 01:00 PM

lol, there's always gonna be some terrible stuff happening around the world. It sucks. But it's something beyond our contorl, so why dwell over it? You'd be a pretty sad person if you always focused on the bad stuff. So why not just be happy for the new couple and for the wedding ceremony that so many people have anticipated for for years?

I wasn't interested enough to watch it but I saw some clips. Kate was very stunning in her dress...William has great taste haha.

#10 korniceman3000

korniceman3000

Composer/Songwriter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,383 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 01:21 PM

I caught a few glimpses before work and Kate looked stunning. Everything was quite simple but elegant. I wish their marriage the best...

#11 xxiicorina

xxiicorina

Let's Jump High Together ٩(≧◡≦)�

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,495 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 03:24 PM

I only watched a quarter of it, wait- not even! LOL
I watched it like, late last night where they were preparing for the wedding, but i had to go to sleep T_T
But i congradulate them! <33.

Kate looks so beautiful and elegant in her dress, and William looked really handsome! :D

#12 Cori

Cori

Teh Hajiman Sexy Fail Kru's Ultimate BoA fan

• BoAjjang Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,304 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 05:45 PM

I didn't wake up at 4 am for it, but when I did get up I read all about it, watched videos, and looked at pictures. Everyone looked lovely.

As for the members that are talking about the devastating things in the world. Why can't we just have a little bit of joy in this world? Why does everything have to be about the bad stuff? I live about 4 or 5 hours from the tornado accidents, and it is sad, but lately there is just too much sadness for me to handle. Today was like a "break" from having to see it plastered all over the news, at least in the morning. The Royal wedding news is still flowing in, however Fox and other news channels are still talking about the natural disasters and the people over in Libya.

#13 InuBoA_Kwon

InuBoA_Kwon

BoA's First Snow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 12:54 AM

Life is full w/ choices... :)
And it depends on us to choose those choices...
And each choice has its own reward...
And for Mrp,, I didn't say that I just focused to the bad stuff in this world...
I just compared these cases to be the first priority...
Those people need more helps...
They live in fear since this world chaos comes...

#14 Mashimaro-san

Mashimaro-san

VIVID

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,478 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 08:47 AM

InuBoA_Kwon, Royal Weddings only happen like once or twice in a lifetime.

It's a celebratory even that is supposed to bring the U.K. and the Commonwealth (Canada, Australia, etc.) countries together - we all have one thing in common: the British monarch.

I read enough about poverty, war, natural disasters and politics.

Once in a while, just for one day, to watch and celebrate a wedding, is enough to make up the terrible news we hear about for the whole year.

I'm quite excited, me and my siblings are planning to go to Ottawa this June because Kate & William will visit Canada first :D!

Around 40% of Canadians watched the wedding.

#15 InuBoA_Kwon

InuBoA_Kwon

BoA's First Snow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 01:05 AM

As I said before...
Life is a choice...
And it's OK if we had the different choice since we had different view cz I think the those people are more important...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users