Photo

BoA not listed in Best MR Singers . . . why?

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#16 2boamystar

2boamystar

Always be BoA's fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 05:23 PM

Those lists published are usually non-sense if I am not mistaken. A lot of amazing singers, not only BoA, are not in the list.

#17 miwako

miwako

I can't get BoA off my mind!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 540 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 07:02 PM

Yeah I wouldn't take this list to seriously. I mean REALLY? LOOK AT THIS MADNESS. The fact that Kim Yuna, Suzy, or Gayoon are on that list already diminishes the credibility of the entire thing.

#18 bin.kendy

bin.kendy

I can't get BoA off my mind!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 09:31 PM

It doesn'e mean matter for me. Haiss. Who cares? The best artists is whom can make their names on citizens' hearts 4ever. Just like Kwon BoA.
2NE1, forget them. I don't care anything about them. ;) ;)

#19 ZanmatoPL

ZanmatoPL

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 09:29 AM

Am I missing something when it comes to Bom's vocals?...I have listened to 2NE1 countless of times and I don't find her vocals to be amazing like everyone claims they are.

If the wave/shake in her voice is supposed to be her vibrato then she is low control of that thing. A vibrato should sound natural, however her's always seems forced. I am not saying I am an expert, however I do know a bit about singing.
I am not saying she is a bad singer, because she definitely is in the right profession, but I just think she is a bit too high on that list. I mean, she even beat Jonghyun who, in my opinion, is pretty amazing live. I have seen Shinee perform live twice, Hollywood Bowl 2009 and SMTown in LA.

(Jonghyun is the guy in the white with the black pants)
and in this performance they're dancing around (besides minho, who was injured at the time), the one of "It Hurts" is sitting.

I am not trying to argue, I am simply trying to justify my original statement. I am not playing favorites, because I support 2NE1 as well. They're actually my favorite BAND out of boys and girls.

I'm still with my opinion... Park Bom deserves on 1st place :D

Edited by ZanmatoPL, 19 May 2011 - 08:40 AM.

#20 ZanmatoPL

ZanmatoPL

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 08:41 AM

First place for what? Voice wise? Don't forget ya'lls that MR ranking isn't talking about how beautiful a voice sounds but how accurate it is to the original song, in addition to how well the artist can control pitch, breathing, and so forth, usually MRs are more impressive for the dance routined songs.

OK... It's your opinion... but BoA isn't the best singer in South Korea... also Bom is a great singer... Don't piss me off! :P

#21 Cori

Cori

Teh Hajiman Sexy Fail Kru's Ultimate BoA fan

• BoAjjang Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,304 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 09:35 AM

^again, with the vulgarity.

Justification isn't something used to try to upset you.
I stated it because you questioned my opinion.

So I will say what you've been saying in every thread.

It's my opinion and it's WeLuvUBoA-Kiddo's.

#22 saoji

saoji

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 383 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 09:44 AM

Who is the "best" singer ? It depends of your taste. If there was one we already knew who is it. Lol.

Edited by saoji, 19 May 2011 - 09:48 AM.

#23 ZanmatoPL

ZanmatoPL

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 10:19 AM

^again, with the vulgarity.

Justification isn't something used to try to upset you.
I stated it because you questioned my opinion.

So I will say what you've been saying in every thread.

It's my opinion and it's WeLuvUBoA-Kiddo's.

I see that BoAjjang is the most strict fan-forum in the world! "Don't piss me off!" is a vulgarity? NO COMMENTS... LOL

#24 Yabisi

Yabisi

Robot BoA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,017 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 11:42 AM

If the wave/shake in her voice is supposed to be her vibrato then she is low control of that thing. A vibrato should sound natural, however her's always seems forced. I am not saying I am an expert, however I do know a bit about singing.

I am not trying to argue, I am simply trying to justify my original statement. I am not playing favorites, because I support 2NE1 as well. They're actually my favorite BAND out of boys and girls.

Park Bom has one of the weirdest vibratto's I've ever heard. What makes hers unpleasant is that it goes extremely off-tune. I thought she was doing it on purpose, but that's just how it is for her I guess. She can sing well enough though, and the thing that people like about her voice is that it's unique. It's easily recognized.
I would listen to this instead of that MR;

You can hear her odd vibratto better :x
--------
Music remover programs aren't reliable at all. All they do is remove the side channels, but leave everything else in the middle. In Kpop lives, that means leaving the filler voice, which makes it hard to tell from the live singing. Most fans don't realize that they're judging a singer based on much of their filler vocals, which obviously makes them sound better for the most part. If they go horribly off-tune, you can definitely tell :P Unless you have an acoustic version that has no effects though, you can't be sure of whats live and what isn't.

BoA's not in there cause she's not active enough in Korea. She doesn't need that to prove how well she sings live anyway since she's been around for many years. Just watch her Japanese lives lol.

#25 xxiicorina

xxiicorina

Let's Jump High Together ٩(≧◡≦)�

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,495 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 05:22 PM

Listen guys, this is AKP.

Although, I saw this article and i was expecting BoA. But she wasn't there. But anyways it's AKP. (:

#26 ZanmatoPL

ZanmatoPL

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 21 May 2011 - 02:40 AM

I'm not attacking Park Bom, but the way you are associating her to my ORIGINAL POST about MRs is highly irrelevant (your talking about her voice sound, not accuracy during stage time). Know that MR is a acronym for MUSIC REMOVAL in and so forth . . . Understand my post first before putting your fists up.

I do not deny that Bom is an amazing singer and i respect her for that, however MR ranking and vocal sound ranking are two VERY different things. That's all i gotta say. I am in no way trying to offend you, but rather trying to clarify a mistake.

PS if i were you I wouldn't try to argue with Cori, DUDE she's a global moderator . . . lol . . .

I don't care that Cori is Glob-Mod :P I'm not kid and I understand everything very well!
You didn't want to offend me? Sorry, but I don't feel that you didn't want it...

#27 InuBoA_Kwon

InuBoA_Kwon

BoA's First Snow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts

Posted 21 May 2011 - 05:41 AM

It isn't about how old you are...
It's about respectful...
Mods have a right to control this forum...
If you don't respect them that means you break BJJ's rule...

You should be able keep your act if you know everything very well...
You've been out of control...

P.S: I'm sorry if it's off topic...

#28 Ericia_90

Ericia_90

My girlfriend just dumped me. -_-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts

Posted 21 May 2011 - 08:18 AM

Listen guys, this is AKP.

Although, I saw this article and i was expecting BoA. But she wasn't there. But anyways it's AKP. (:

Haha, Now I don't follow AKP anymore XD Sometimes I just browse through BoA article comments. ;) No matter what, I know that BoA is the best MR singer be it a dancing/ballad songs. To me, Those idols still need 2-3 years to be able to sing and dance at the same time without going off-key or breathless.

#29 AYA-S

AYA-S

I'm an official BoA fan!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 21 May 2011 - 09:14 PM

I was surprised in the first place too when I didn't see BoA on the list.

She deserves TOP 3 in my opinion. Teayeon is O.K for me but she doesn't have inner feeling sometime. I didn't move by her singing.

Anyway, same like other's opinion, I think we all know that BoA is one of the BEST MR Singer ever.

P.S listen to her Hurricane Venus MR Version --> It's superb ><

#30 ZanmatoPL

ZanmatoPL

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 22 May 2011 - 03:00 AM

Haha, Now I don't follow AKP anymore XD Sometimes I just browse through BoA article comments. ;) No matter what, I know that BoA is the best MR singer be it a dancing/ballad songs. To me, Those idols still need 2-3 years to be able to sing and dance at the same time without going off-key or breathless.

Allkpop isn't reliable... Even SBS nominated this site as "anti-korean website"... I recommend you KoME (Korean Music Entertainment) and JaME (Japanese Music Entertainment)... Both of them are multilingual and they're more reliable than Allkpop and Tokyohive :D

It isn't about how old you are...
It's about respectful...
Mods have a right to control this forum...
If you don't respect them that means you break BJJ's rule...

You should be able keep your act if you know everything very well...
You've been out of control...

P.S: I'm sorry if it's off topic...

I know Inu, but I won't permit to treating me like a trash or criminalist by anyone :P

Edited by ZanmatoPL, 24 May 2011 - 02:38 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users