• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,383 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 12:48 PM

http://www.allkpop.c...debut-this-year

Twelve more girl groups are preparing to debut this year
by VITALSIGN on May 27, 2011 at 4:35 am

Posted Image

If you thought the girl group rush was finally winding down this year, you’re in for a big shock, as 12 groups have announced that they’ll be making their debut in the second half of 2011!

On May 26th, SBS’s “One Night in TV Entertainment” reported on the girl group wave and introduced the arduous process rookie girl groups went through in order to get their name out to the public. One scene saw a group stick name tags onto themselves and stand in a row to greet every senior artist who passed by.

SBS’s research revealed that 10 girl groups debuted in the first half of 2010 alone. They also revealed that twelve new girl groups and five boy groups were waiting to debut later in the year.

A professor of sociology at Kookmin University commented, “The 30-40 age group is now taking part in cultural activities. Because they have jobs, their consumer power is greater than any other age group. Now that they’re standing at the center of pop culture, the market is turning to cater to them.”

The CEO of Starship Entertainment also added, “Girl groups achieve a bigger effect when they first debut in the industry. Boy groups are a lot slower in comparison, and I think it’s because of the images they choose to portray. It’s a lot easier to approach the public with girl groups than it is with boys.”

Posted Image

The girl group craze has reached a point where there’s now a horror film dedicated to the ongoing phenomenon. As previously reported, T-ara’s Eunjung is starring in “White” as one of the leading members of a fictional girl group.

Commenting on the line between reality and fiction, Eunjung revealed, “It’s a story about the jealousy and ambitions that surrounds girl groups, and I’m sure that a lot of people who see it will agree that this is how things really are.”

Directors also added, “We held a lot of auditions, but there weren’t a lot of people who could stand on par with real idols. Never did we imagine that there’d be so many girl groups, and even while researching them, many more began springing up everywhere.”

Source + Photos: Newsen via Nate (1) (2)

#2 Mashimaro-san

Mashimaro-san

VIVID

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,478 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 02:02 PM

Oh dear lawd... really? Keep churning them out K-pop, but remember quality over quantity. K, TYVM.

#3 Moon&Sunrise

Moon&Sunrise

Love&Honesty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 05:17 PM

OH this is just heaven for me lols MORE BEAUTIFUL GIRLS FOR ALL

america needs more girl groups too >:|

No but seriously .. . I agree quality please. I'm going to rage if SNSD loses attention because of the new groups :angry: :angry:

#4 Cori

Cori

Teh Hajiman Sexy Fail Kru's Ultimate BoA fan

• BoAjjang Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,304 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 06:17 PM

^well if they do, I hope it is for all the RIGHT reasons and not the wrong.

Just popping out girl group after girl group that just displays a pretty face, mediocre singing, and repetitive dancing.
Lets just say, as a Kpop fan, I won't be looking forward to these groups unless they show me something that is worth paying attention to...and that doesn't mean hot girls in tight clothes or barely clothes at all. That means, TALENT.

#5 miwako

miwako

I can't get BoA off my mind!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 540 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 09:03 PM

OH this is just heaven for me lols MORE BEAUTIFUL GIRLS FOR ALL

america needs more girl groups too >:|

No but seriously .. . I agree quality please. I'm going to rage if SNSD loses attention because of the new groups :angry: :angry:

I doubt SNSD will lose any attention.

But COME ONE KOREA. STOP. I don't see how this is beneficial to these companies to keep churning out groups one after another. Because lets face it, none of them really stand out in the least. In addition to that, these groups lack consistent and talented members. And I'm sure that they know that these groups don't last for a very long time. Usually it's because A)they lose popularity B)they just suck that bad C)they have a blowout with the company D)or the members just aren't happy for some reason

Why don't companies stop trying to ride the idol group cash cow and debut a unique or truly talented artist. The article itself said that they had a difficult time trying to find people to form groups with (because they couldn't compete with current idols). END THE CYCLE

#6 Ericia_90

Ericia_90

My girlfriend just dumped me. -_-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 10:18 AM

Oh my god... I'm speechless. I just want them to STOP DEBUTING girl groups/boy groups. There are too many of them and all of their features seem the same (to me) with those heavy makeup, mediocre singing and dancing. Although I don't pay any attention to those girl groups (EXCEPT, CSJH The Grace which SM neglected) all of them don't really have any talent. Like if their dancing is good, their singing is so-so. They don't have the combine element that BoA has. I think they should focus more on finding solo artists instead of groups.

#7 korniceman3000

korniceman3000

Composer/Songwriter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,383 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 11:43 AM

Unfortunately, their concept of "talent" (and I use this word VERY LOOSELY) revolves around selecting moderately skilled (sometimes minimally skilled, depending upon the company) pre-teens and then force feeding them through a 5,6,7,8 year long (some took as much as 10 years) idol factory assembly line to manufacture generic pre-programmed mannequins to prance around in Ken and Barbie outfits to sell products to specifically targeted idol obsessed youth who would give up their lunch money to buy cds and singles to show support as a fan base. Given this sort of developmental mindset upon image and artificiality, it would be very hard for them to accept natural talent and quality music over the idea of fast cash through idol sponsorships and other marketing resources that spawn quick revenue at the expense of the idol's career longevity....

Edited by korniceman3000, 28 May 2011 - 11:45 AM.

#8 xxiicorina

xxiicorina

Let's Jump High Together ٩(≧◡≦)�

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,495 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 05:02 PM

I'm not surprised. (:

#9 Moon&Sunrise

Moon&Sunrise

Love&Honesty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 05:43 PM

i think that koreas indie/underground deserves more spotlight >:[
now that i think about it, the last wave of groups failed fairly badly lols

Sucks korea has potential too.

#10 Johan-BoA-

Johan-BoA-

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 04:32 AM

More flawless girls' coming from heaven.. ^_^ OMO!!

#11 *c o n v e r s e

*c o n v e r s e

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 904 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 09:46 PM

...and this is why I'm losing interest in kpop; they all sound/look too similar. I don't even bother keeping up with the latest groups anymore.

#12 miwako

miwako

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 540 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 02:58 AM

i think that koreas indie/underground deserves more spotlight >:[
now that i think about it, the last wave of groups failed fairly badly lols

Sucks korea has potential too.

Yes. There are actually a lot of really awesome indie artists! But I read in an korean article (can't quite recall the source) that the reason why you don't hear much about indie artists is because the general populace is very much unaware of any sort of underground scene. No one really takes the time to search for new artists/music to listen to and in fact, they only know of the music that is played on the media. So, it is as if the underground scene is practically non-existent.

And the last wave of groups was a bit of a fail. I don't even know why they bother because these rookie groups don't have a chance when competing with the older ones. That is unless they do something somewhat risque like RaNia. But even that sort of attention is short lived.

#13 LuV2U

LuV2U

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,256 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 08:46 AM

and i guarantee i will NEVER recognize or even remember ANY of them~

yyiipppiiee <_<

#14 studmuffin

studmuffin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,265 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 12:07 AM

Let's see how long any of them will last hahahahaha

#15 hinachan

hinachan

I miss my mom so much....

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,472 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 12:08 PM

I'm looking forward to this--I've always loved girl groups. Even if some of these groups turn out to be *blah*, we can hope that there will be some good ones among them. :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users