Photo

Big Bang's Daesung involved in a serious car accident!

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 yunapolaris

yunapolaris

I'm here because

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,833 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 10:34 AM

Big Bang's Daesung has been reported to be involved in a serious car accident, with the other party involved being pronounced dead at the scene. It was reported that at 1:40AM in Seoul, Big Bang's Daesung hit a motorcyclist in his Audi. The motorcyclist was pronounced dead at the scene.

Youngdong Police have announced that they are currently investigating the singer, as there are suspicions of Daesung being drunk at the time of the accident.

Credits: koreaboo.com | SBS Korea

-------------------

If he were actually driving under influence, I hope they will put him in jail for a long time to deserve what he did.
If I had had the power, I would have sentenced death to all of DUI drivers who kill other people in accidents :angry:

Edited by yunapolaris, 30 May 2011 - 10:35 AM.

#2 Kiiroi

Kiiroi

I can't get BoA off my mind!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 10:52 AM

It seems that he was not drunk and it wasn't his fault =/

#3 TaMai

TaMai

I'm an official BoA fan!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 10:52 AM

[UPDATE] BLOOD-ALCOHOL TEST RESULTS ARE OUT! DAESUNG WAS NOT DRUNK DRIVING!
(Scenario) The motorcyclist was hit and run, a taxi driver notices it. Taxi driver gets out of his car. Daesung comes and hits the taxi.
~DAESUNG DID NOT KILL ANYONE~
Daesung is still in the police station being asked about the incident.

Source: Updated SBS Article+ [email protected]

:unsure: yeah..justsharing.

#4 NikuZ

NikuZ

Forever Jumping in the Stars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,544 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 11:03 AM

Poor DaeSung... Another Car Accident, thanks god he is fine

#5 yunapolaris

yunapolaris

I'm here because

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,833 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 09:07 PM

The police explained: “At 1:28AM, Daesung was driving in the first lane from Hapjeong-dong in the direction of Yangpyung-dong on a 4-lane road. He was driving at 80km per hour (speed limit is 60km/h) and crashed into a stopped taxi after driving over a motorcyclist who was passed out on the street.”

Source: www.allkpop.com

So to sum up, he was driving, then there was accident on the road, he couldn't stop in time and crashed into the accident where there is an already-passed-out motorcyclist =/
So now questions remained are :
- Was he drunk? - apparently not
- Was he speeding? - apparently yes, based on the report in Allkpop's article.
- Was the motorcyclist died from getting hit by Daesung's car or from the previous accident?

And if he wasn't speeding and focus on driving, he must have seen the accident and been able to stop before crashing, unless the accident literally happened right in front of him while he was driving.

Lee Hyori tweeted her worries, “I know that Daesung always blames himself for everything even though it’s not his fault, thus I’m more saddened and worried for him.”

LMAO. I don't think he will blame himself in this case. It doesn't matter he blame himself or not, the police will
investigate and reveal the truth.

#6 sickx

sickx

I'm an official BoA fan!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 11:48 PM

what's weird for me is that why he can't see the motorcyclist in front.did he switched off his headlights?even if he's driving 80kmph,he should be able to see what's in front of him.

#7 Uni

Uni

Teh Hajiman Sexy Fail Kru 's Enforcer >D

• BoAjjang Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,665 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 11:24 AM

There has been a mass update regarding Daesung's car accident. Honestly, at the time the news reports came, it was hard to figure out what was true or not because Korean news article kept changing stories since the accident was so fresh. Anyways, here are the rest of the updates Koreaboo had.

Original article at Koreaboo

UPDATE #7: Further reports on Daesung's involvement in the car accident have been revealed. Police have stated that Daesung may be charged with "neglecting to drive safely" and not fulfilling his "duties to drive safe". Police have stated that that so far, reports reveal that the motorcyclist was hit before Daesung had arrived and therefore the charge is "neglectful accident" rather than a charge of "intrusion of safe driving distance".

However, if the motorcyclist was hit because of Daesung's car crash, the charge would be changed to a more serious matter, with Daesung being responsible. The charge would assume Daesung's neglect in driving and would put it in the same category as DUI violations and serious traffic signal violations, which in turn, would result in Daesung being sentenced to prison statement. He would also be responsible for the compensation of the victim, which typically starts from $18,000 - $28,000 depending on the annual income of the deceased as well as the career of the victim.

UPDATE #6: Daesung has been released by police after over 5 hours of being detained by police. He is now reported to be heading home with his manager, wearing a black hoodie covering his face. Police have stated that Daesung was "overwhelmed" and co-operated with them, answering all questions and doing his best to help the investigations.

YG Entertainment released a statement saying Daesung was very distraught over the incident and burst into tears when he saw the motorcyclist.

Below is a video of the incident as well as a report in Korean:

UPDATE #5: The police will start an official investigation about what happened around the time of the accident. They're currently gathering CCTV recordings from the surrounding buildings and will be handing all evidence to the NISI (National Institute of Scientific Investigation).

It was also released that the motorcyclist didn't survive the accident and that they'll be doing an autopsy to see what the main cause of his death was.

UPDATE #4: YG Entertainment has released a statement on the accident involving Daesung, a taxi driver and a motorcyclist. They have revealed that at 1:40AM, Daesung was driving downhill around the area of Seoul's Yanghwa Bridge. During this time, he crashed into a taxi driver, rear-ending him. The taxi driver was reported to have not suffered any major injuries.

YG Entertainment revealed that Daesung was driving along the first lane when the taxi suddenly switched from the first lane to the second, then back again. This is when Daesung rear-ended the taxi driver. When Daesung got out of the car to speak to the driver, the driver revealed that he had switched lanes to avoid hitting the motorcyclist infront of him.

The two then alerted the police, revealing that the motorcyclist was bleeding on the road.

Police are currently investigating the accident and the involvement of Daesung and the taxi driver in the accident that caused the motorcyclist to be hit. They have also reported that the motorcyclist is not dead, but rather in the hospital.

UPDATE #3: A photo of Daesung's Audi A4 has been revealed through Korean press. The photo shows his car's front badly damaged by the car crash. The photo also shows a tow truck also picking up the car, it is evident from the photo that the crash was not simply a "tapping", but a serious collision.

YG has yet to make a statement on the accident and there has been no information as to how involved Daesung is in the accident. Currently, it is believed that he is being talked to by Seoul's Young Deung Po Police.

Police have also revealed that the motorcyclist is not dead and is currently in the hospital, but there has been no word on his condition.

Take a look at the photo below:

UPDATE #2: Police have officially released a statement regarding the car accident. Seoul's Young Deung Po Police Station revealed, "Big Bang's Daesung crashed into a passed-out motorcyclist with his car on the morning of May 31st at Yanghwa Bridge. The motorcyclist was already passed out due to a previous accident when Daesung crashed into him."

Police also contradicted reports that the motorcyclist was pronounced dead at the scene. They confirmed that he was alive, saying, "The motorcyclist has been admitted to the hospital where his death has yet to be confirmed. We are investigating whether or not alcohol was involved."

UPDATE: It's been revealed that Daesung was not under the influence of alcohol and is currently speaking to police about the accident. Reports have revealed that the man on the motorcycle was hit by a hit-and-run, not from Daesung himself. When a taxi driver stopped to assess the situation and help the motorcyclist, Daesung crashed into the taxi.

There are also conflicting reports that the taxi, once being hit by Daesung, crashed into the motorcyclist killing him. However, it is not clear whether or not this actually occurred and how serious the motorcyclists condition was after being hit by the original car.

Koreaboo will keep you updated as we learn more and await an official statement from YG Entertainment.

Original Article
Big Bang's Daesung has been reported to be involved in a serious car accident, with the other party involved being pronounced dead at the scene. It was reported that at 1:40AM in Seoul, Big Bang's Daesung hit a motorcyclist in his Audi. The motorcyclist was pronounced dead at the scene.

Youngdong Police have announced that they are currently investigating the singer, as there are suspicions of Daesung being drunk at the time of the accident.

#8 yunapolaris

yunapolaris

I'm here because

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,833 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 02:06 PM

Honestly, at the time the news reports came, it was hard to figure out what was true or not because Korean news article kept changing stories since the accident was so fresh.

True! Just within the first couple hours of the accident, there's been a lots updates, and in each of them there were a different story :blink:
I think the closure will just be revealed when police are done with investigation.

#9 studmuffin

studmuffin

My girlfriend just dumped me. -_-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,265 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 07:23 AM

yunapolaris you seem incredibly enthusiastic and agitated lol

#10 yunapolaris

yunapolaris

I'm here because

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,833 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 03:27 PM

yunapolaris you seem incredibly enthusiastic and agitated lol

I know :P. People, let alone celebs, were drunk (or not) or speeding and crashed or killed people in car accident always get on my nerves.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users