18 replies to this topic

#1 Mashimaro-san

Mashimaro-san

VIVID

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,478 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 05:31 PM

BLUSH is an all Asian girl group composed of Victoria (Chinese), Natsuko (Japanese), Angeli (Filipino), Ji Ha (Korean) and Alisha (Indian). They were trained in Hong Kong and Los Angeles, and have been recording for their new album for a year.

This is their debut American single, "Undivided feat. Snoop Dog", its the official viral video, not the final music video.

I'm rooting for these girls! Their manager was the original Spice Girls manager and they are also managed by a former Walt Disney CEO.

#2 Cori

Cori

Teh Hajiman Sexy Fail Kru's Ultimate BoA fan

• BoAjjang Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,302 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 07:28 PM

I think this MV is SO smart!
It doesn't show the girls until the end but I think that is a good thing because then people can't say such mean racial slurs unless they watch the whole thing, and if you watch the whole thing...you have to atleast like it a little bit to get all the way to the end.
The song is very "oldish", reminds me of when songs weren't all about sex, getting messed up, and waking up in a bath tube =3

...i love it =D!

#3 Seri

Seri

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 405 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 12:03 AM

the song sounds very good! I'll be looking forward to them. they can actually sing not like some other girl groups who only go for looks or sound so super girly and all. they sound mature, I like that! ^^

#4 miwako

miwako

I can't get BoA off my mind!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 540 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 02:16 AM

hmm im actually a bit impressed here. I really like the idea that they are all from different asian countries and the song itself is nice too. I wish them the best of luck in the future.

#5 Mashimaro-san

Mashimaro-san

VIVID

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,478 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 04:16 AM

Please help spread the word about these girls! Forums, blogs, etc!

I posted this on social networking sites too.

#6 Kiiroi

Kiiroi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 06:32 AM

I like it! The 'MV' is also cute :) Thanks for sharing~

#7 Mashimaro-san

Mashimaro-san

VIVID

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,478 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 01:01 PM

BLUSH is going to perform on So You Think You Can Dance (USA). They have activities in USA this summer.

#8 WeLuvUBoA-kiddo

WeLuvUBoA-kiddo

My girlfriend just dumped me. -_-

• Hiatus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,318 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 01:28 PM

At first I was like . . okay . . . and then the music made me remember when i was a bit younger and it was just really mellow and catchy music. And I agree I think it was a clever routine to introduce them. The song is catchy to the point you want to finish the mv (which had simple but very fitting graphics to the song). It forces the audience/listener to acknowledge the group's potential instead of being discriminating in the beginning just because of their ethnicity.

Hehehe, I love how they said "I love you" in their native tongues :D Aishiteru, Gwa Ai di, Mahal Kita, Saranghe, and also in Indian

#9 JustinPerky

JustinPerky

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,405 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 02:06 PM

This is actually pretty good! Me gusta.
Thanks for sharing :)

#10 LuV2U

LuV2U

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,256 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 12:41 AM

the song is actually pretty good~

and kinda surprise me since it got Snoop Dogg in it who always raps about how cool to bang bunch of chicks all the time but ain't doing it this time -__-"

#11 miwako

miwako

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 540 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 12:49 PM

the song is actually pretty good~

and kinda surprise me since it got Snoop Dogg in it who always raps about how cool to bang bunch of chicks all the time but ain't doing it this time -__-"

hah yeah but seriously if you look at some of the songs that he has been featured in as of late you'll see that he isn't as hard as he used to be. I mean he was in that one Katy Perry song and I even saw him on nickelodeon >.>

#12 hinachan

hinachan

I miss my mom so much....

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,471 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 08:20 PM

I like them, but there's a problem if they go international--there's already a Mexican girl band called Blush. Could be an issue, as it was for Puffy when they released an album here and had to rename themselves Puffy AmiYumi because of that dork Puffy throwing a hissyfit. <_<

Anyway, if you missed it in the video, here are some links:
http://www.youtube.com/user/blushvideo
http://www.blushband.com/

#13 Mashimaro-san

Mashimaro-san

VIVID

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,478 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 05:47 AM

I like them, but there's a problem if they go international--there's already a Mexican girl band called Blush. Could be an issue, as it was for Puffy when they released an album here and had to rename themselves Puffy AmiYumi because of that dork Puffy throwing a hissyfit. <_<

Anyway, if you missed it in the video, here are some links:
http://www.youtube.com/user/blushvideo
http://www.blushband.com/

Err wow really, I'm pretty sure the Asian Blush has more power and influence than the Mexican Blush. They should have everything copyrighted already, I don't think it will be an issue.

I mean when BoA debuted in the USA, Bank of America didn't give her legal issues, nor did numerous other bands and artist named Boa. Boa is a pretty common word.

#14 xxiicorina

xxiicorina

Let's Jump High Together ٩(≧◡≦)�

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,495 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 12:23 PM

Wow, this sounds intersting. I'm supporting these girls ;)

#15 MOTOWAYohsixfive

MOTOWAYohsixfive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,960 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 04:43 PM

I saw their SYTYCD performance, and it was horrible. T_T
I know these girls can sing, and they have strong voices, but they were really off-pitch and need to learn to use their voices LIVE. They're also reallly weak dancers (weaker than most K-pop girl groups, which are pretty mediocre already), but I knew that from their practice videos with their choreographer.
I still like the song and the group, but they need to work on dancing and singing live before they decide to go on stage again, especially as big a stage as SYTYCD's.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users