349 replies to this topic

#151 MadeInTwenty

MadeInTwenty

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 01:55 AM

This show has got me addicted, but we'll see if that lasts past the audition rounds where I usually fall off the wagon. :blush:

There's a lot of talent within the contestants and the judges critiques are pretty on point. I'm liking BoA's clean looks, as well. :thumbsup:

#152 2boamystar

2boamystar

Always be BoA's fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 03:58 AM

Well, I'm sure the girl has passion and charisma (or else she wouldn't keep dancing); but I think she doesn't know how to properly express it though her movement.

This is what I meant :D The passion and charisma must be displayed clearly :D

#153 bewitch

bewitch

I'm an official BoA fan!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 05:14 AM

I found the old clip of Park Jimin and I think she so good ^^

cr [email protected]

#154 bewitch

bewitch

I'm an official BoA fan!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 05:17 AM

They are so funny

this is so cute ^^

cr b9027 @youtube

#155 usako

usako

My girlfriend just dumped me. -_-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 08:55 PM

"K-pop Star" Production Crew Praises BoA

Posted Image

On January 15, various news sources reported that the production crew for SBS's "K-pop Star" are praising BoA for her style of advice. BoA, who is a judge on the show along with YG Entertainment's Yang Hyun Suk and JYP Producer Park Jin Young, is being praised for her balanced evaluation of contestants. "In particular, BoA has experience as a global K-pop star and can give advice based on her experiences, while also acting as a role model to contestants," one crew member said.

Yang Hyun Suk and Park Jin Young are older and have more career experience than BoA. But, BoA's straight talk and pointed praise in her commentary allow her to stand shoulder to shoulder to the more experienced Yang Hyun Suk and Park Jin Young. BoA has been a singer since she was a young girl, and this puts her in the position to give sincere advice to the contestants. She has a clearly laid out standard that she refers to when evaluating contestants' performances.

Posted Image

She doesn't shy away from calling out contestants who's performances have fallen short of her standard or who lack sufficient effort. However, she will praise those who have given spectatular performances from the start. You may remember the January 8 episode, where BoA called out Kim Na Yoon for not singing as well as she expected to, and told her to practice more. BoA may have her tough side, but she is also known for giving praise and being affectionate towards the contestants.

cr: http://www.soompi.co...rew-praises-boa

BoA told YG & JYP "Fight Fight!!"

BoA was teasing YG

[VIDEO] BoA Dances Heartbeat (2PM) KPOPSTAR EP07
youtube.com/watch?v=at9U3zbvsqc

Edited by usako, 15 January 2012 - 09:09 PM.

#156 2boamystar

2boamystar

Always be BoA's fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 01:05 AM

As the show progresses, they are getting to know each other much better so the show is getting funnier. I hope it will lead to the fact that the show rating will be higher and also, fans from all SM, YG and JYP will watch and support them, especially our BoA :D

#157 t3_tien

t3_tien

I'm an official BoA fan!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 01:06 AM

Hi, I just found this thread on soompi: http://www.soompi.co...8A%A4%ED%83%80/
Hope many people will join the discussion. I's like to see comments from YG&JYP fans as well, not just BoA's fans here hehe.
And the best part is they already uploaded the download link for ep 7 (although it's torrent T_________________T)

I'm so happy that BoA picked the guitar guy (I think his name is Jae Hyung???), the vision impaired guy (Is his name Soohwan???) and the "Poker face" girl (don't know her name, can't read Korean, poor me T______________T). They are all my fav now. If BoA is able to get Park Jimin and Michelle from YG&JYP, it'll be complete =))

P/S:
Ratings
Episode 01 - 12.1%
Episode 02 - 13.7%
Episode 03 - 12.6%
Episode 04 - 12.9%
Episode 05 - 13.9%
Episode 06 - 13.7%
source: soompi.com (above link)

Edited by t3_tien, 16 January 2012 - 01:07 AM.

#158 JustinPerky

JustinPerky

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,405 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 02:22 AM

^ Wow the ratings are rising gradually :D Nice to see
I haven't watch Episode 7 but BoA chose Jae Hyung?! He is my favourite contestant!

#159 noshadow31

noshadow31

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 02:26 AM

thanks t3_tien for the info. I was curious about the ratings but dont know where to look :P
the soompi thread is still quiet. i hope people will start posting about the show soon. :)

I downloaded torrent files for the first few episodes but have switched to daebaksubs youtube channel for the later episodes. it's more fun this way since I can read other ppl' comments too. ^^

I like all the contestants that BoA picked for training at SM (except the robot girl) and I'm very glad BoA picked JeHyung and Baek Ji Oong(The policeman/security guard guy). Thought they were not gonna make it at first. >_<

For the record, in Ep.7
JYP picked Yoon HyungSang (keyboard guy), Cathy Yung, Son Mijin
YG picked JangHang(the chinese rapper guy), Lee Hai, Erin, Julie
BoA picked Park Jehyung, Kim SuHwan(the blind), Baek JiOong, Lee SeungHoon, Park JungEun(robot girl), Choi RaeSung(blond kid), Baek AhYeon(Poker Face)

Hope that helps.

Edited by noshadow31, 16 January 2012 - 02:31 AM.

#160 usako

usako

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 02:30 AM

i added some photo from SBS K-Pop Star fb in here: http://forums.boajja...howtopic=131420

Posted Image

her face looks so seriously

Edited by usako, 16 January 2012 - 02:39 AM.

#161 2boamystar

2boamystar

Always be BoA's fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 04:23 AM

Her outfit on this show looks very elegant and beautiful :D I like :D
Which round is it already? Why did they pick the contestant to train at different companies?

#162 t3_tien

t3_tien

I'm an official BoA fan!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 07:42 AM

^ from what I know, the big 3 will pick who they want in their company and let them (the chosen contestants) train in each respective company for 2 weeks.

I'm so in love with Baek AhYeon. Her "Poker face" and "Grenade + Listen to my heart beat" were awesome. I wish I could download those 2. Why SBS didn't release songs like the X-factor??? Maybe coz it's the 1st season (yeah, I hope there would be other seasons =)))))))))

The soompi thread was opened today so no one post yet. I hope someone will start the discussion soon ^^

sorry for my "broken" english :P

#163 saoji

saoji

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 383 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 10:47 AM

BoA picked a lot of contestants xD I like them, hope to see Park Ji Min too. :)

BoA was really too funny on the ep7. :wub:

#164 Kwcty6888

Kwcty6888

My family just disowned me!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,355 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 12:30 PM

I want to stay updated, but I told myself I'm not gonna spoil myself by watching unsubbed >_< So I'm just watching them whenever BoAnoss releases a new ep xD

#165 usako

usako

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 08:28 PM

^ that robot girl name is Park Jeong Eun
Posted Image

BoA Casts Lee Seung Hoon’s Team but Asks “Do You Hate Me?”

Posted Image

Lee Seung Hoon who gained a lot of attention for his funny rap lyrics and dance skills was teamed up with the younger dancers Choi Rae Sung and Park Jung Eun.
Lee Seung Hoon seemed a bit worried about singing when the team was created. He had asked the judges what they should do about singing. JYP answered “You need to sing, but I think you should do a performance that focuses on dancing.” Lee Seung Hoon made choreography to Dynamic Duo’s “Father.”

Posted Image

BoA commented, “The choreography was awesome! Oh~ it was very good!”

JYP commented, “I think you proved that you can show something without having to sing very well. There are a lot of audition programs in South Korea, if this was on another show I bet your team would have been disqualified.”

JYP also gave Lee Seung Hoon high praise by calling him a true “artist,” and that Choi Rae Sung and Park Jung Eun need to thank Lee Seung Hoon for passing to the next round.

Posted Image

At the end, BoA jokingly asked Lee Seung Hoon if he does not like her. Then, BoA stated that if it was fine with Lee Seung Hoon, she would cast the whole team.
(This round, each agency would either cast or not cast and disqualify the contestants.)

cr:http://www.soompi.com/news/boa-casts-lee-seung-hoons-team-but-asks-do-you-hate-me

Contestants cast into JYP, SM & YG Entertainment on ‘K-POP Star’

Posted Image

The most recent episode of ‘Survival Audition: K-POP Star‘ brought tears of joy and tears of disappointment among the remaining contestants.
During the third round, the contestants were given the mission to be cast by either YG, SM, or JYP Entertainment. They were divided into small groups and given two weeks to rehearse. Within the first set of groups, fourteen out of nineteen people were cast.
BoA decided to cast seven contestants into SM while YG took four and JYP three. Each judge smoothly chose the contestants they wanted until Yang Hyun Suk and J.Y. Park had a small humorous rivalry moment over Lee Ha-ee. In the end, Lee Ha-ee was casted into YG.
Those that were cast will be training with the respective agencies and perform on stage with their new and improved talents.
cr:http://www.allkpop.com/2012/01/contestants-cast-into-jyp-sm-yg-entertainment-on-k-pop-star

“K-Pop Star” Airs Live Starting February

SBS’ “K-Pop Star,” which has garnered much interest for its dazzling performers and the insightful judges, is finally going live this February!

On the January 16, KPOP Star’s producer, Park Sung Hoon revealed to “OSEN,” “K-Pop Star is going to go live soon” “currently the contestants who were ‘cast’ by SM, YG, and JYP are going though a two week training program.”

He continued on revealing, “After the two weeks of training, they will have to go through one more ‘casting audition.’ Contestants who survive that round will be able to compete on live broadcast. We are currently planning for the show to go live late February.”

The most recent episode revealed the contestants going through their first ‘casting audition’ in front of the three major companies of Korean music. (SM, YG, and JYP) BoA, Yang Hyun Suk, and Park Jin Young each represented their respective company and judged and cast the contestants they thought had the most potential to grow under their guidance. Contestants who are chosen will go straight into their two weeks training session.

The latest episode of KPop Star brought in 12.5% in ratings, earning 2nd place, ahead of MBC’s “I Am a Singer.”

What did you think about KPop Star’s "casting audition?" Do you have any favorites among the contestants?
cr: http://www.soompi.co...arting-february

Edited by usako, 16 January 2012 - 10:10 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users