29 replies to this topic

#1 Joshorty

Joshorty

My girlfriend just dumped me. -_-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,644 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 03:16 PM

I'm personally having a hard time digesting the fact this poorly written/translated/adapted lyrics cracked the overall top 200, currently sitting at no.81 (or more by now). And to think Ted Riley was behind the production of the song let alone God knows who wrote the english lyrics ...

#2 searingblade

searingblade

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 03:40 PM

I agree with you. I like the song, but the English lyrics are just bad. A couple lines are okay, but what's this about "get it in"? I didn't think they could do that... :rolleyes: Oh well... it's selling, so I'm happy!

#3 Kwcty6888

Kwcty6888

My family just disowned me!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,345 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 03:40 PM

I have to say I am pretty disappointed in the song... After the numerous teasers, I was really looking forward to it! The song's not bad I guess, and it's starting to grow on me, but two things really bothered me: 1) the ridiculously nonsensical lyrics 2) the rapped/talked chorus?? When I heard it in the teaser, I liked it, but I didn't think it was the chorus!

I did like the choreography though, and the music video was just okay.

And on wikipedia, it said Yoo Youngjin (the writer of many of BoA's songs) wrote the lyrics for the Korean song... which is why the lyrics are pretty bad =_= I thought Teddy Riley wrote the lyrics, but I guess he only composed the song....

#4 Moon&Sunrise

Moon&Sunrise

Love&Honesty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 05:55 PM

I have to say I am pretty disappointed in the song... After the numerous teasers, I was really looking forward to it! The song's not bad I guess, and it's starting to grow on me, but two things really bothered me: 1) the ridiculously nonsensical lyrics 2) the rapped/talked chorus?? When I heard it in the teaser, I liked it, but I didn't think it was the chorus!

I did like the choreography though, and the music video was just okay.

And on wikipedia, it said Yoo Youngjin (the writer of many of BoA's songs) wrote the lyrics for the Korean song... which is why the lyrics are pretty bad =_= I thought Teddy Riley wrote the lyrics, but I guess he only composed the song....

Yeap Teddy only composed sadly QQ. I see what you mean about the chorus too amg @.@ I dont think the lyrics were bad though.They make perfect sense to me

I agree with you. I like the song, but the English lyrics are just bad. A couple lines are okay, but what's this about "get it in"? I didn't think they could do that... :rolleyes: Oh well... it's selling, so I'm happy!

And about the "get it in part" It's not only said strictly by men, not sure if you were aware. But getting it in refers to the actual act of le sexy time not literally inserting said male part into said woman... Just to clarify that lol

Edited by Moon&Sunrise, 18 October 2011 - 05:56 PM.

#5 MOTOWAYohsixfive

MOTOWAYohsixfive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,960 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 08:16 PM

The beat was SICK when I first heard it, but the full song is terrible IMO.

And the only reason they are doing so well is because 1) they're popular amongst K-pop and Asian music fans (the people buying the songs on iTunes are NOT new fans.. they're the same people buying it over and over again*) and 2) this is their "US DEBUT," and fans want them to APPEAR like they're doing well.
* Speaking of buying the same song again and again... BoA fans did that too when "Eat You Up" was released. SNSD is 1000000000000000000000000000000000x more popular than BoA, so the full support of their fan base can obviously get them to a good position on the iTunes chart.

They would have charted at this position REGARDLESS of the quality of the song. All they had to do was say "we're coming to the US! support us plz!" and the fans get to it...

BTW, it's rare for girls to say "get it in." It just sounds awkward...

#6 Zanarkand

Zanarkand

I'm an official BoA fan!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 09:11 PM

Honestly, I agree with the above ^.
The song itself would've been 100000000000000x better without the....awkward lyrics. The beat itself is most definitely well done, but, god, I'm sick of hearing all these Sones praising SNSD for their "flawless" comeback when this is just a...no. But, naturally all the diehards will do all they can to get them some "recognitiion"

Yeah "Eat You Up" isn't necessarily the best song, but I give it a lot more credit than "The Boys", even if I wasn't a BoA megafan. @_@

Edited by Zanarkand, 18 October 2011 - 09:14 PM.

#7 WeLuvUBoA-kiddo

WeLuvUBoA-kiddo

• Hiatus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,318 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 09:22 PM

Ahh yeah, The Boys clearly had potential, but it's arrangement was not of best taste. The rap/chant/chorus, as I've said numerous times everywhere else, dropped the ball. The song builds to a climax and usually the chorus is sposed to be able to satisfy the peak, but it's like it builds and then you get this empty unfulfilled kind of feeling. Don't get me wrong, maybe if they inserted the chant somewhere like in the beginning or ending it would work, but not as the chorus, it breaks the rhythm. Someone actually did a remix for this song and took that rap out and moved it too the end, so it was no longer the chorus, and the song sounded much more fantastic.

The lyrics . . . oh the lyrics lol

Honestly, I agree with the above ^.
The song itself would've been 100000000000000x better without the....awkward lyrics. The beat itself is most definitely well done, but, god, I'm sick of hearing all these Sones praising SNSD for their "flawless" comeback when this is just a...no. But, naturally all the diehards will do all they can to get them some "recognitiion"

Yeah "Eat You Up" isn't necessarily the best song, but I give it a lot more credit than "The Boys", even if I wasn't a BoA megafan. @_@

It made me interested in BoA and I think others, so EYU does serve it's purpose in some aspect. Just kick SM in the nuts for being dumb about promotions.

Edited by WeLuvUBoA-kiddo, 18 October 2011 - 09:23 PM.

#8 JustinPerky

JustinPerky

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,405 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 09:55 PM

The beat in the music video teaser was sickening.
But the actual song, it bores me. What's with all the weird transitions throughout the whole song.
No climax, no nothing. I was so excited for their comeback but dang, the song was so disappointing.
And yeah, they're charting just because diehard fans are buying it regardless of it's quality, no matter how bad the song is, SuJu and SNSD ALWAYS top the charts.

#9 WeLuvUBoA-kiddo

WeLuvUBoA-kiddo

• Hiatus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,318 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 10:59 PM

The beat in the music video teaser was sickening.
But the actual song, it bores me. What's with all the weird transitions throughout the whole song.
No climax, no nothing. I was so excited for their comeback but dang, the song was so disappointing.
And yeah, they're charting just because diehard fans are buying it regardless of it's quality, no matter how bad the song is, SuJu and SNSD ALWAYS top the charts.

That might not be a good thing in the US, I can see discrimination highly acquired on their part. Rebecca Black and song "Friday" may be famous, but it's the fact that such a crappy song is known that definitely fosters some avid hate. (IDC for RB, but I ain't an angry hater). So if this song doesn't live up to the general public, it will get negative feedback more than anything. Sigh ...

#10 Moon&Sunrise

Moon&Sunrise

Love&Honesty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 04:50 AM

The beat was SICK when I first heard it, but the full song is terrible IMO.

And the only reason they are doing so well is because 1) they're popular amongst K-pop and Asian music fans (the people buying the songs on iTunes are NOT new fans.. they're the same people buying it over and over again*) and 2) this is their "US DEBUT," and fans want them to APPEAR like they're doing well.
* Speaking of buying the same song again and again... BoA fans did that too when "Eat You Up" was released. SNSD is 1000000000000000000000000000000000x more popular than BoA, so the full support of their fan base can obviously get them to a good position on the iTunes chart.

They would have charted at this position REGARDLESS of the quality of the song. All they had to do was say "we're coming to the US! support us plz!" and the fans get to it...

BTW, it's rare for girls to say "get it in." It just sounds awkward...

It might sound awkward but from where I come from it's no rarity LOL

Honestly i think the best part it the first 40 seconds of the actual song up until the end of fanys part the choreo made me poo myself and the beat and song amg <3 but other than that and select vocal parts from taeyeon seohyun and jessica(ofc) the song sucked @.@ especially the chorus

Also I don't know if anyone knows Korean but amg. The Korean lyrics are just wonderful such a nice song the Korean version is. :censored: Whoever translated this should be shot LOL

Ahh yeah, The Boys clearly had potential, but it's arrangement was not of best taste. The rap/chant/chorus, as I've said numerous times everywhere else, dropped the ball. The song builds to a climax and usually the chorus is sposed to be able to satisfy the peak, but it's like it builds and then you get this empty unfulfilled kind of feeling. Don't get me wrong, maybe if they inserted the chant somewhere like in the beginning or ending it would work, but not as the chorus, it breaks the rhythm. Someone actually did a remix for this song and took that rap out and moved it too the end, so it was no longer the chorus, and the song sounded much more fantastic.

The lyrics . . . oh the lyrics lol

What's the name of the remix? o-o

Edited by Moon&Sunrise, 19 October 2011 - 05:46 AM.

#11 xxiicorina

xxiicorina

Let's Jump High Together ٩(≧◡≦)�

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,495 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 05:45 AM

I loved their theme for their comeback, the video was beautiful and everything, and the beat was really catchy to me.
But I'm kind of disappointed with this comeback, I don't know, I think it was missing something. o_o -But I'm not too sure what is missing.

But overall, I congratulate Girls Generation for their successful comeback.

#12 2boamystar

2boamystar

Always be BoA's fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 06:31 AM

SM did a good job in promoting SNSD this time. Hope that they will keep up the good work when it comes to BoA next time.
The beat of the song, and the beginning of the song are very promising at first. However, when the song progresses, it just gets boring >"<.
SNSD surprisingly sing English quite well, don't you think?
The setting of the MV is nice but it lacks some dynamic sense. They could have done better in the production of the music video. The choreography is great!

#13 JustinPerky

JustinPerky

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,405 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 06:44 AM

What's the name of the remix? o-o

I think WLUBK is talking about the Violet Green remix if i'm not mistaken. I like how the person smooths up the transition of the song and giving it a stronger beat.

#14 Ericia_90

Ericia_90

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 07:32 AM

I am not a fan of SNSD but when I went to youtube hompage just now, Both the Korean & English MV were at the top of the page so I decided to click the Korean MV first.

Ok, I love the beat of the music but I realllyyyyyyyyyyy dislike the chorus! WTH happened to the person who arrange this songs? At the start of the songs, Taeyeon started to sing and I was thinking "hmm..... not bad....", then now come the chrous..... I was like "WHAT!!!??? Is this the chorus!!!???"... So many people are complaining about the chorus. They shouldn't rap. They should just stick with the usual "smooth chorus" like their other songs.

The worst thing is that this song can even position at no. 81! Oh well, They have big fanbases around the world and currently is the most popular girl group that people are totally krazy about. Seriously, some of them can't even sing. =/ Now I think that BoA's EYU/Energetic is not the worst song/have the worst lyrics.

#15 Moon&Sunrise

Moon&Sunrise

Love&Honesty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 08:10 AM

I think WLUBK is talking about the Violet Green remix if i'm not mistaken. I like how the person smooths up the transition of the song and giving it a stronger beat.

AMG amazing remix. I like how it build to the climax and wasnt immediately smashed by the chorus ,MUCH much smoother transition there. I did liek some parts of the original beat better like in the beginning though. HMM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users