#1 WeLuvUBoA-kiddo

WeLuvUBoA-kiddo

My girlfriend just dumped me. -_-

• Hiatus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,318 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 04:10 AM

Lol, sorry for the odd cut off title. Moving on XD

So here is Jin Akanishi's song Test Drive featuring Jason Derulo for his American Debut. I was wondering if some of you would care to offer your opinions about this and whether Jin is viable to be a success in the market. I know how we always tend to monitor for which person is going to hit a successful Debut in America, so I decided to keep up with Jin every now and then, keeping track of his movements on the side.

Go ahead and dissect the pros and cons of the song.

Edited by WeLuvUBoA-kiddo, 09 November 2011 - 04:11 AM.

#2 JustinPerky

JustinPerky

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,405 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 06:43 AM

Not digging the song.
And the video is so generic...guy comes out from some sort of expensive car..rubbing some hot chick's leg.

Jin's not ugly but why did the stylist or director decide to cover his face with some huge sunglasses and a hoodie.

#3 WeLuvUBoA-kiddo

WeLuvUBoA-kiddo

• Hiatus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,318 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 07:12 AM

Not digging the song.
And the video is so generic...guy comes out from some sort of expensive car..rubbing some hot chick's leg.

Jin's not ugly but why did the stylist or director decide to cover his face with some huge sunglasses and a hoodie.

Lol, your comment was funny. Anyway, some one theorized that they were trying to get people used to his music first so that they wouldn't shoot him automatically down for being Asian. IDK if that' the case, people always seemed to mention that in regards to Far East Movement and glasses, but I have no clue as to the real reason.

#4 MOTOWAYohsixfive

MOTOWAYohsixfive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,960 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 04:08 PM

I think he's doing a very good job so far...

Famous artist featured in song (AKA Jason Derulo) -- check
Major record label (AKA Warner Bros) -- check
Good English (AKA lyrics that make sense and no accent!) -- check (surprisingly.. his English is really good)
Catchy song -- check

Of course, he still has a very slim chance at making it, but he's done a better shot than others who have come here. BoA didn't have a famous artist in her song (Flo Rida's REMIX doesn't count), a major record label, or good English. EYU was catchy, but it's hard to get past the verses b/c they're so choppy, nasally, and have silly lyrics. Utada came close with a good song, good English, a strong label, but she didn't have a famous artist in "Come Back To Me."

I'd rather BoA or Charice "make it" before anyone else, but since neither have been really successful (though Charice has set some records for Asians), my third choice is Akanishi. I'd pick him over WG, SNSD, 2NE1, or any of the other K-pop groups.

#5 miwako

miwako

I can't get BoA off my mind!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 540 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 10:12 PM

Well I can't say that I am really into this song BUT it isn't completely horrible and it is really catchy, his english sounds fine (for the most part) so he has a chance of success with this single. Although I thought the music video was a hot mess -__- And like JustinPerky pointed out: Why did they dress him up like that and cover his face up??

I don't really care for Jin's voice. It somehow works for this song even though his voice is actually a bit weak and nasally to me and I feel like Jason Derulo sort of outshines him a little.

P.S-I didn't even know Jin was still working on his English Debut. I remember he had that short tour but I didn't know anytihng else would come of it. I am at least releave that he didn't release another song like Yellow Gold lol. Ugh that song was just no good. It was like spaghetti noodles all mixed up with beans and rice -__- Made absolutely no sense....

#6 BoA.No.1

BoA.No.1

I can't get BoA off my mind!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 02:14 PM

Ummm... compared to most artist that are trying to break it into america, I think he's got a pretty stable start. Damn, he's meeting a lot of people!!! Is that his strategy? Imagine all those bieber fans.. omg.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users