#1 Uni

Uni

Teh Hajiman Sexy Fail Kru 's Enforcer >D

• BoAjjang Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,665 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 12:36 PM

SMTOWN's "The Warmest Gift" debuts in 1st place on Gaon weekly chart
SMTOWN released its 1st family winter album in 2 years last week on December 13th, just in time for the holidays. SM Entertainment artists that contributed to the album included Kangta, BoA, TRAX, TVXQ, Super Junior with Henry and Zhoumi, CSJH Dana&Sunady, Zhang Liyin, Girls' Generation, SHINee, f(x), and J-Min. The album became a hit among SM artist fans and this is reflected in this week's Gaon Album Chart as "The Warmest Gift" makes its debut in 1st place, and is followed by male group BoyFriend's 3rd single "I'll Be There" and Yim Jaebum's special album "Free" respectively.

The individual tracks on found on SMTOWN's "The Warmest Gift" did not rank as high as the album itself on the weekly Gaon Single Chart, with Girls' Generation's "Diamond" ranking in 52nd place, Super Junior's "Santa You Are The One" with Henry and Zhoumi in 64th place, f(x)'s "1,2,3" in 106th place, SHINee's "Last Christmas" in 127th place, BoA's "Distance" in 131st place, and TVXQ's "Sleigh Ride" in 162nd place.

In other news, A-Nation's "for Life Best HIT Live" be aired online (http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv74534336) on December 23rd at 11PM local time and users must log in to watch. The DVD for A-Nation's "for Life Best HIT Live" was released a few days ago on December 21st. BoA's performance of "Bump Bump!" and "Quincy" is included in the setlist.

Credits:
Site: http://BoAjjang.com
Writer: Uni (BoAjjang.com)
News Source: Gaon Weekly Chart, BoA's Official Japanese Website

#2 xxiicorina

xxiicorina

Let's Jump High Together ٩(≧◡≦)�

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,495 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 12:51 PM

SMTown's first album in a few years and already #1? (:

Not really surprised there, hehe. ^^ Congratz to SMTown, they deserve it.
The album is amazing! ^^

#3 hinachan

hinachan

Spending too much time online ^_^

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,468 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 01:39 AM

The individual tracks on found on SMTOWN's "The Warmest Gift" did not rank as high as the album itself on the weekly Gaon Single Chart, with Girls' Generation's "Diamond" ranking in 52nd place, Super Junior's "Santa You Are The One" with Henry and Zhoumi in 64th place, f(x)'s "1,2,3" in 106th place, SHINee's "Last Christmas" in 127th place, BoA's "Distance" in 131st place, and TVXQ's "Sleigh Ride" in 162nd place.

Ouch...BoA's song didn't even crack the top 100, but SNSD didn't even crack the top 50?

Well, at least the album overall reached #1. :D

#4 WeLuvUBoA-kiddo

WeLuvUBoA-kiddo

My girlfriend just dumped me. -_-

• Hiatus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,318 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 04:11 AM

^ Well, the fact that it did 30 places better than TVXQ says quite a bit. Frankly it's not an ouch, it's more like a surprise (in a good way). I didn't think people would bother for the song, but even other fandoms are voicing out their contentment with the piece and I think that's satisfiable enough.

Edited by WeLuvUBoA-kiddo, 23 December 2011 - 04:15 AM.

#5 2boamystar

2boamystar

Always be BoA's fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,821 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 08:14 AM

BoA did impress the K-pop fans with her song. Just that the idol group fanbase is so strong :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users