11 replies to this topic

#1 yunapolaris

yunapolaris

I'm here because

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,833 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 07:44 AM

In the previous version, I aways had the spelling checker whenever I post a thread or a reply, but in this new format, it doesn't seem to work anymore =/ (I checked in different forums & the settings in my browser, everything is fine, except for BoAjjang)
Is it possible that we can have the spelling checker back? cuz I think it's pretty convenience :P

#2 Cori

Cori

Teh Hajiman Sexy Fail Kru's Ultimate non-asian BoA fan

• BoAjjang Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,296 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 08:38 AM

Are you sure they're using the new version of IP.Board? Because I checked in our settings and can't find any "Spell Check: Disabled". Also, when going to the IP general forums and searching for spell check, and majority of people state that since most browsers have a built in spell check, it shouldn't be a problem. What browser are you using? Internet Explorer? Firefox? Google Chrome? I know firefox and google chrome have a spelling check.

I will look further into it, though.

#3 yunapolaris

yunapolaris

I'm here because

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,833 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 08:10 AM

Are you sure they're using the new version of IP.Board? Because I checked in our settings and can't find any "Spell Check: Disabled". Also, when going to the IP general forums and searching for spell check, and majority of people state that since most browsers have a built in spell check, it shouldn't be a problem. What browser are you using? Internet Explorer? Firefox? Google Chrome? I know firefox and google chrome have a spelling check.

I will look further into it, though.

First I'm sorry for the confusion, I didn't mean BJJ had a spelling checker itsefl, I should have said "The spelling checker from browser doesn't work in BJJ" ^^"
I don't think the other forums' version is as new as our BJJ. Maybe that the key? I'm using the latest Firefox with a built-in spelling checker, and it works in every site I go to, except for BoAjjang! Probably the spelling checker in Firefox is not compaitble with the new version of IPB ?

#4 Coolin

Coolin

BoAjjang Administrator

• BoAjjang Founder
  • 5,366 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 06:02 PM

The spell checker is on the browser side. I tested with both Firefox and Chrome. The spell check doesn't work on Firefox, but seems to work fine on Chrome. I also noticed that Firefox's spell check works fine when editing posts.

Honestly, I have no idea why this is happening. The blame could either be on Firefox's side or on Invision Board's side. This isn't something we can easily figure out and there probably isn't much we can do from BoAjjang's point of view.

#5 trelag

trelag

Who's BoA?

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 06:27 PM

Strangely, it still works for me. I'm using Firefox 6, and it underlines errors in red in quick reply or regular reply just as usual.

Maybe you can try installing one of these spell checker add-ons for your Firefox?

Spell Checker:
https://addons.mozil...ker/?src=search

After the Deadline - Spell and Grammar Checker:
https://addons.mozil...d-g/?src=search

Otherwise, it's most likely something about Invision Board's changes for this new version.

#6 yunapolaris

yunapolaris

I'm here because

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,833 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 06:45 PM

Honestly, I have no idea why this is happening. The blame could either be on Firefox's side or on Invision Board's side. This isn't something we can easily figure out and there probably isn't much we can do from BoAjjang's point of view.

^ I think it's something in the new version of IPB, cuz it worked fine before, and it works on older version IBP. Anyway, it's not a big deal, I can live without it :lol:
Thank you for your attention.

Strangely, it still works for me. I'm using Firefox 6, and it underlines errors in red in quick reply or regular reply just as usual.

Maybe you can try installing one of these spell checker add-ons for your Firefox?

Spell Checker:
https://addons.mozil...ker/?src=search

After the Deadline - Spell and Grammar Checker:
https://addons.mozil...d-g/?src=search

Otherwise, it's most likely something about Invision Board's changes for this new version.

It worked for me before to even thou I was on Firefox 8, but when our forum got updated, it stopped working while still works with other older version forums.
Tried the add-ons, didn't change anything.
Thank you for the suggestion thou :)

#7 trelag

trelag

Who's BoA?

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 08:08 PM

It worked for me before to even thou I was on Firefox 8, but when our forum got updated, it stopped working while still works with other older version forums.
Tried the add-ons, didn't change anything.
Thank you for the suggestion thou :)

Ahh, Firefox is notorious now for having to keep on updating their versions rather quickly due to errors since Firefox 4. I'm not surprised that they have released Firefox 9 now. Most Firefox people have moved on to Google Chrome now because of this lost of credibility.

Google Chrome is pretty light to install and run alongside your Firefox: https://www.google.c...o-apps-no-promo

If you don't want to install, there's also a portable version of it here so you can give it a try first: http://portableapps....chrome_portable

Until Invision fixes things, at least. :)

#8 yunapolaris

yunapolaris

I'm here because

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,833 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 10:05 PM

Google Chrome is pretty light to install and run alongside your Firefox: https://www.google.c...o-apps-no-promo

If you don't want to install, there's also a portable version of it here so you can give it a try first: http://portableapps....chrome_portable

Until Invision fixes things, at least. :)

I've used Google Chrome before, since it first came out, but then I go back to Firefox because Chrome is not compatible with some of the website & blog I use, and I've been using Firefox like forever so I'm too used to it to use something else, it's like an 'close friend' you know :lol:
Anyway, it's not a big deal, I just need to type more carefully & proof-read in BJJ before I post :D
Hope IPB will patch this some day ..

#9 hinachan

hinachan

I miss my mom so much....

• Members
  • 5,470 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 12:29 AM

Ahh, Firefox is notorious now for having to keep on updating their versions rather quickly due to errors since Firefox 4. I'm not surprised that they have released Firefox 9 now. Most Firefox people have moved on to Google Chrome now because of this lost of credibility.

I'm sticking with Firefox 3.6.6 for now. I might go back to Opera, because Firefox is just getting slower by the day. :(

#10 yunapolaris

yunapolaris

I'm here because

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,833 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 10:52 PM

I'm sticking with Firefox 3.6.6 for now. I might go back to Opera, because Firefox is just getting slower by the day. :(

dang girl ! 3.6.6 is REALLT out of date, the current ver. is Firefox 9 now ! :o. Firefox works fine for me :P
-----------------------
*update* I just use the 'Report' function and the spelling checker is working in there! (the box to type the reason for report) but not in anywhere else !!!
Have no idea why the heck this is happening =.=

#11 yunapolaris

yunapolaris

I'm here because

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,833 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 08:01 PM

Yay!! For some reason the spelling checker is working now!! I'm not sure whether you guys fixed it or it was the browser ?

#12 55hitomi

55hitomi

I know BoA*

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 10:00 PM

hmm.. spellchecker was always fine for me :) Firefox. Always using it because im from Russia :) Sometimes just needed to go away from message window and its works. Using Firefox 10 now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users