Photo

Does anyone here dislike dubbed movies/shows?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 briannafifield

briannafifield

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 335 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 03:28 PM

This came to mind while I was watching Kung Fu Hustle today. Freaking LOVE that movie!! But it was on G4, so it was dubbed in English. I don't know if anyone else hates this, but to me, it takes away from the movie. Some of what makes the movie is the actor's voices, how they say it, and it really gives it authenticty. I tried watching two minutes of the dubbed movie and I was just like Wow they totally killed it. It's like the English voices were so lame it was like they were making fun of the movie. Anyone feel the same or have any opposing opinions? Love to hear 'em!

#2 Cori

Cori

Teh Hajiman Sexy Fail Kru's Ultimate non-asian BoA fan

• BoAjjang Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,296 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 08:24 PM

I would rather read subs to a movie than hear is dubbed, however, not all dubs upset me. I don't think any of the dubs for Studio Ghibli films (Spirited Away, Howl's Moving Castle, etc.) are that bad. However, when I watch anime it is just...wow...I'm going to watch that in Japanese/Chinese/Korean/etc. instead of listen to these horrible English voice actors =X

#3 briannafifield

briannafifield

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 335 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 08:55 PM

Yes, I totally agree!!! I've watched Spirited Away dubbed in English and it wasn't that bad. But some movies, and anime as you pointed out, are just... I don't have words to describe it lol. Some English voices are even borderline racist in my opinion, how Americans racially make fun of the Asian language. I don't know, for some reason, English dubbing just disgusts me!!

#4 yunapolaris

yunapolaris

I'm here because

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,833 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 08:40 PM

I NEVER liked dubbed movies or TV shows. To me, the original voice of the actor/actress is a part of their acting talent, it can't be replaced by any other's voice. I always choose subtitles over dubbing.

#5 Rika

Rika

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 414 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 11:32 AM

yeah me too...
i prefer to hear the original voices...

#6 TailofHappiness

TailofHappiness

I know BoA*

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 10:25 PM

I loathe dubbed videos.

I'd rather read the subtitles & hear the original voices.

#7 mrsmushroomlee

mrsmushroomlee

I'm an official BoA fan!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 05:06 PM

I live in Brazil and our dubbed versions (the recent ones) are pure crap. Always. And when someone cries... It's just so fake and weird. It makes me feel uncomfortable too. I mean, sometimes I can read the actors lips and it's just weird to have both the english and portuguese mixing in a very crazy way. I love the original versions cause it's way better and more authentic ^^ for example if I'm watching a Chinese movie it sounds weird to hear words that don't match what I can see they're saying. It applies to every language.

#8 EmmaStarrGo

EmmaStarrGo

Who's BoA?

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 03:16 AM

Epidemiology. Community surveys have shown that anxiety disorders are amongst the most common of the psychiatric disorders, and that they cause extensive suffering and interference with work and social function. The anxiety disorders account for one third of all costs of mental illness, with panic disorder being the eleventh and obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) the nineteenth most disabling of all medical disorders in 15 to 44 year-olds. The kind of panic attack that Marjorie experienced seems to be fairly epidemic. Anxiety disorder is a modern phenomenon, and it may be related to the tremendous jarring stress of modern life and perhaps to some of our common but powerful dietary stresses, such as excess sugar and excess caffeine, which are often combined, as in cola beverages. Sugar and caffeine can't, by themselves, set off a panic attack, but what they may do is de-stabilize brain activity so that anxiety ultimately reaches meltdown proportions. I also suspect that the epidemic of panic attacks has a lot to do with our upbringing. Some people feel themselves under enormous pressures to achieve, and some parents load their children with heavy conditioning through punishments and negative incentives, over-programming the control functions so that these people ultimately break down. zolpidem xanax combination. Some patients, she believes, respond better to graded exposure therapy, in other words, by trying, bit by bit and in a managed way, to do the things that scare them most (40 years ago, anxiety and phobias were treated by means of "flooding", ie prolonged exposure to anxiety-inducing situations. Graded exposure therapy is a less brutal form of flooding). Anxiety UK also recommends exercise - "we can't emphasise enough the importance of exercise in using up excess adrenalin" - and that sufferers avoid sugar, caffeine and alcohol, all of which can make a person more jittery. side effects mixing xanax zoloft. Purchase Cheap Alprazolam Online Cheap - info: Alprazolam Online No Rx Cheap 1999 buy xanax without prescription, Purchase Alprazolam Pills - purchase xanax online. xanax dosage dogs. Has the recession made things worse? Yes - though there is only anecdotal evidence for this (the Adult Psychiatric Morbidity Survey, which compiles the statistics used by charities such as Mind. is only published every five years, and the next one is not due until 2014). "Since the downturn, we've seen increased calls to our helpline and increased requests from people wanting to access support services," says Nicky Lidbetter. the chief executive of Anxiety UK. "What we are finding is that people who might ordinarily have managed their anxiety quite well have been tipped into new territory by being made redundant or having to adapt to new life circumstances." Are those who are generally quite anxious more likely to develop anxiety disorders? "There isn't an answer to that." Purchase Alprazolam Pills - click for source: order cheap Xanax online Patients with GAD may experience physical symptoms (such as gastrointestinal complaints) in addition to, or even in place of, mental worries. People with GAD tend to be unsure of themselves, overly perfectionist, and conforming. Given these conditions, a diagnosis of GAD is confirmed if three or more of the following symptoms are present (only one for children) on most days for 6 months: Anxiety Disorders Highlights; Anxiety Disorders Causes; Anxiety Problems in Children and Adolescents. Parents may notice that their child seems nervous or fearful. This may be related to a stressful event, such as performing in a school play or writing an exam. In such situations it is normal for a child to worry or feel nervous. Agoraphobia is a coping strategy involving avoidance, where the individual is heavily reliant on avoidance of the types of situations just mentioned. It is not just being afraid of being in open spaces or crowds. Agoraphobia is also diagnosed when the sufferer of panic attacks needs a companion to function. A person with agoraphobia typically leads a life of extreme dependency as well as great discomfort although there are different degrees in agoraphobia. Normally, the greater the avoidance of situations (agoraphobia), the longer the treatment will be.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users