115 replies to this topic

#31 WeLuvUBoA-kiddo

WeLuvUBoA-kiddo

My girlfriend just dumped me. -_-

• Hiatus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,318 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 07:05 PM

This is the looks thread: so do remember it can go in any direction much. Of course with discussion going on it will stay in one area for a while, but there will be occasional posts of different topics - still pertaining to to looks.

Anyway, QueenBoA's tumblr posted these today and could not help but spazz a bit. Freaking beautiful, some say she looks ordinary, but I can't explain it. She looks FAB.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

And I felt like this about the photo shots: Posted Image

I get very easily excited about things no matter what they are.

Does not own gif - found it on tumblr CR: to it's creator

Edited by WeLuvUBoA-kiddo, 12 January 2012 - 07:09 PM.

#32 OneLuv

OneLuv

I'm an official BoA fan!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 07:25 PM

And I felt like this about the photo shots: Posted Image

I get very easily excited about things no matter what they are.

Does not own gif - found it on tumblr CR: to it's creator

^^
Haha....thats funny. BoA does look gorgeous in those photos. That stylist needs to style her more.

#33 MOTOWAYohsixfive

MOTOWAYohsixfive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,960 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 08:42 PM

Lol She looks good in those photos because they've been edited. They're not pure screenshots... the person took them from the video and adjusted the lighting. She looks similar in the actual video, but there's still a noticeable difference.

I also agree that she looked so young during 2008 (THE FACE). It's really only 3ish years ago, but it looks like she's aged at least 5 or 6 years. :( I don't know how it can be from stress because her workload now is a lot less than her workload when she was younger since she's a lot less popular now (less singles, less flying back and forth, less promotion, less ads, fewer shows/concerts). Heck, she hardly has any endorsements besides the occasional Audio Technica and the L'Occitane one in Korea... she had several every few months in her earlier years, but she retained her youthful looks much better then.

IDK.. I think she looks like she's 30 on SBS K-pop Star. =( But she looks better in the recent trailer...

Edited by MOTOWAYohsixfive, 12 January 2012 - 08:50 PM.

#34 WeLuvUBoA-kiddo

WeLuvUBoA-kiddo

• Hiatus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,318 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 09:02 PM

Lol She looks good in those photos because they've been edited. They're not pure screenshots... the person took them from the video and adjusted the lighting. She looks similar in the actual video, but there's still a noticeable difference.

I also agree that she looked so young during 2008 (THE FACE). It's really only 3ish years ago, but it looks like she's aged at least 5 or 6 years. :( I don't know how it can be from stress because her workload now is a lot less than her workload when she was younger since she's a lot less popular now (less singles, less flying back and forth, less promotion, less ads, fewer shows/concerts). Heck, she hardly has any endorsements besides the occasional Audio Technica and the L'Occitane one in Korea... she had several every few months in her earlier years, but she retained her youthful looks much better then.

IDK.. I think she looks like she's 30 on SBS K-pop Star. =( But she looks better in the recent trailer...

I know they've been edited lol, but I've seen the episodes for them (yet i still spazzed) and she still looked pretty good. This is one of those moments, where even though she looks 30, I don't mind because she looks good. I think that's one of the things that a lot of us seem to debate and I know it flip flops for me all the time. There's 30 and sexy, and then there's 30 and Ohh . . . not so bueno. As long as she's in the good range, I have no worries that she looks older. I still particularly say there must be something not right with her diet, because of certain very clear issues I listed on the first page, but I dunno what's up.

But I do agree, watching the clip from ep 7, she looks pretty great. People always wonder why some of us are obsessed with her looks, for me it's a sign of her health or care and maintenance.

#35 Baco__

Baco__

I can't get BoA off my mind!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 867 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 09:29 PM

gosh if I was a woman I would TOTALLY want to look like BoA. in my 20s AND 30s, as you guys are saying she is looking now lol

#36 usako

usako

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 01:08 AM

just want to sharing about this:

@therlynn
Get BoA's look on Kpopstar!! RT @BoAtheKOREA [기사] ‘K팝스타’ 보아, 청순지수 UP! ‘생얼 메이크업’ 따라잡기 http://bntnews.hanky...3&mode=sub_view @BoA_1105
5 Jan

#37 happy!

happy!

I'm an official BoA fan!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 06:41 PM

....maybe her stress comes from not having workload as much as before?..i don't know , she starts to look different during/after identity..

#38 Kwcty6888

Kwcty6888

My family just disowned me!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,355 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 06:44 PM

She posted a new picture on twitter!

Anyone think she looks more her age (or even younger) without makeup..?

http://lockerz.com/s/174403435

#39 WeLuvUBoA-kiddo

WeLuvUBoA-kiddo

• Hiatus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,318 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 08:03 PM

She posted a new picture on twitter!

Anyone think she looks more her age (or even younger) without makeup..?

http://lockerz.com/s/174403435

She defnitely looks more her age barefaced not to mention the clothing which plays a significant part in her appearance. I missed seeing her in hoodies and and sweat pants, casual for the win. Oh and the cute little ribbon in her hair, that's a nice touch.

#40 jakmehoff

jakmehoff

mmm... BoA's cute

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 12:57 AM

I think BoA generally looks her age (25/26). However, other girls close to her age look much younger then their age. As a result, makes BoA look somewhat older in comparison.

For example, Victoria (f/x) is 24/25. Sandara (2ne1) is 27/28.

In fairness, there are a few things that contribute to BoA looking older then the other girls:
- being in the business 11 years traveling and performing takes a toll on your body. Especially for a woman.
- I'm not sure how much BoA drinks but we know she does and that also ages the body.
- her makeup artist and hair stylist

I don't think she looks older then Hyori or Kahi as another poster mentioned. They are in great shape for their 30s but if they dealt with the constant life on the road as BoA has I don't think they would look as youthful as they do now.

People who say that she looks late 30s to 40s is ridiculous. Maybe they feel that way since she's been around a long time so they think she's much older. Or maybe they are just trying to be sarcastic and mean. I usually think the latter.

Edited by jakmehoff, 15 January 2012 - 01:00 AM.

#41 WeLuvUBoA-kiddo

WeLuvUBoA-kiddo

• Hiatus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,318 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 02:43 AM

@jakmeoff (lol your name)

Anyway, I really like the way you've written post and I pretty much agree with what you're saying. I admit there will be moments that BoA will actually look older than her age even striking out idol comparison, but yes a majority of the time, it applies a lot to what you have said. I think a majority of the kpop generation have become very accustomed to younger faces on older bodies so they expect the same application for everyone.

In contrast to that way of thinking:
I do recall someone on Tumblr who actually wrote a very long blog about how she met one of the COBU staff that worked with BoA, and the staff member (not from Asia, but Western Hemisphere) asked how old is BoA? The girl quoted the staff member mentioning how they believed BoA looked incredibly young, "how old is she? 11?" An exaggeration for the eleven, but still indicating how she felt about her age deception. I think 40s is overstepping the opinion, 30s I can kinda see, but yes Kahi and Lee Hyori still give away their age even if people say they look young. Bone structure wise it's still obvious.

Now as I mentioned this doesn't always apply (since BoA does have those rugged moments) but for a lot of the casual fans, it does.

Edited by WeLuvUBoA-kiddo, 15 January 2012 - 02:45 AM.

#42 kwonsora

kwonsora

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 382 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 03:38 AM

I do think BoA looks her age now, or even look younger than her real age. Sometimes she looks older just because of heavy make up or the way she dresses. I guess that SM wants to build her different image. I remember that she looked younger back in 2009, but when she had a Korean comeback, she always wore heavy make up, esp her eyes , even tho it stands out. Her hairstyle and dressing style also changed. You can see that the different level and aura she has when she stands with other idols. sometimes,she has this i'm-on higher-level-than u-guys look.

#43 2boamystar

2boamystar

Always be BoA's fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 04:18 AM

She looks so cute in that picture!!! :D

#44 MOTOWAYohsixfive

MOTOWAYohsixfive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,960 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 08:11 AM

Okay, Kahi and Hyori don't look as young as I thought, but they still look around the same age as BoA (or even slightly younger).
25-year-old BoA looks almost the same age as 31-year-old Kahi... .__.
^ I only began listening to BoA around 2006, so I don't think I have a bias about how she should look young. That is not the face of a 25-year-old in the interview. I don't even think it's the makeup or clothes because she's not wearing anything too old, and she doesn't have thick makeup on her face. She just went from 23 to 31 within the past two years. :\
This is LAST year's picture without any makeup...Posted Image
lol My friend put that picture on a website when I used to argue that BoA didn't look older than her age, and the average guess was around 29.

Edited by MOTOWAYohsixfive, 16 January 2012 - 08:20 AM.

#45 Baco__

Baco__

I can't get BoA off my mind!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 867 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 05:09 AM

IMO asian women with blond hair look like kind of sick... I don't know, very pale, as with anemia lol

but pick a picture of BoA from the COBU backstage or even from a recentadd/magazine:

Posted Image

Posted Image

if I didn't know her I would never say she is 29, 30. 22, in the first or 24/25/26 in the second. and something I wanna ask: whats the major problem in looking older? I guess the problem is BoA looking tired and sick, but... older? we all see those models in the magazines who are 16,17 and look 22, 25...

but then I don't know if I am bad with rating peoples ages lol lemme ask you: there is this Brazilian model I love called ana hickmann and in 2005 I bought a 'male' magazine where she was the cover. I didnt know her age I thought she was 30,32 years, because she looked more mature, still wonderfully beautiful <3 here, tell me, how old do you think she is D:

Spoiler

Edited by Baco__, 17 January 2012 - 05:12 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users