115 replies to this topic

#91 monay23

monay23

I'm an official BoA fan!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 09:26 PM

Okay, I know this is offensive to some people, but she looks like she has an illness. The picture with the hat is okay, but the one that says "HIGH CUT K-Pop Queen BoA" on it is -no comment-.
And I'm still going to say that her face shape has changed a whole lot and for the worse (cause she does not look good on K-pop star with the exception of 3 episodes), but the face shape isn't even the issue in these pictures. .__.

That was the concept of the photoshoot. They're very much aware that she looks ghostly.
And pshh she looks fine in kpop star. You just need to be a lot less superficial and not treating this like some sort of issue.

#92 kitzutsuita

kitzutsuita

I can't get BoA off my mind!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 780 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 09:37 PM

Honestly, in my opinion, BoA had never and will never do plastic surgery. Maybe for a double eyelid and that would be it. She has consistently look the same in the non-makeup pictures from past until now. The reason why she looke so different in high cut is because of photoshop. I mean, we've seen her interviewed while she's not performing. And to me, she looks the same. MAKE UP can change you a lot. From the shape of your face, to your whole complexion. I will though, not deny, that BoA has never had plastic surgery (all korean famous ppl do. from famous to non-famous). But I do believe that recently, from 2009-2012, she has not done any plastic surgery as Ive followed her closely. Pictures can lie, but videos will not lie to you. Watch from the energetic era, to the hurricane venus era, to the K-popstar era. The only thing that you will see different in BoA is that her makeup, her hairstyles, and the different angles that videos/ [pictures portray. Therefore, I belive BoA had not had any plastic surgery.

#93 bokachu

bokachu

BoA News Machine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,776 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 11:01 PM

Okay, I know this is offensive to some people, but she looks like she has an illness. The picture with the hat is okay, but the one that says "HIGH CUT K-Pop Queen BoA" on it is -no comment-.
And I'm still going to say that her face shape has changed a whole lot and for the worse (cause she does not look good on K-pop star with the exception of 3 episodes), but the face shape isn't even the issue in these pictures. .__.

After seeing these pics I dunno what to say on the subject..
http://forums.boajja...0

I'm gonna bring what I thought at the other thread for the purpose of this discussion

Are we seriously debating on how BoA looks based on those make-up and heavily photoshop pics?

I don't understand ART, i don't understand their concepts either, It simply doesn't look like BoA I admit.

Her eyes maybe are the same like you said, but you can definitely see that the make up around the eyes with the orangeish, definitely boost the tired look on her face

Maybe it is definitely the concept. a ghost BoA or whatever
And I know this girl like to challenge new things, you guys can't expect her having the look like let's say SNSD. (If SNSD wore those looks, lol, all their fans would run away.

#94 2boamystar

2boamystar

Always be BoA's fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 11:08 PM

I agree that in some of the pictures on HIGH CUT, BoA looks very different, but it is all about the concept and the make-up. Don't worry too much about it guys. We all know how BoA looks beautifully without make-up.

I find BoA very lively and gorgeous on K-pop Star actually

#95 yunapolaris

yunapolaris

I'm here because

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,833 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 05:26 AM

I'm gonna bring what I thought at the other thread for the purpose of this discussion

Are we seriously debating on how BoA looks based on those make-up and heavily photoshop pics?

We're still debating since not all of people here believed it was make-up (or weight loss), they believe she did something else to her face :rolleyes:

#96 MOTOWAYohsixfive

MOTOWAYohsixfive

My girlfriend just dumped me. -_-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,960 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 08:02 PM

:rolleyes: ^

And pshh she looks fine in kpop star. You just need to be a lot less superficial and not treating this like some sort of issue.

I'm not "treating this like some sort of issue." I have a right to say what I think about her looks, and I don't "need to be a lot less" anything. :rolleyes:

Edited by MOTOWAYohsixfive, 29 February 2012 - 08:03 PM.

#97 2boamystar

2boamystar

Always be BoA's fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 09:05 PM

Even though we discussed, we will never know the truth, right? It is quite pointless to discuss such thing...We can say she looks good or not so good here and there but we cannot know whether it is the make-up or the work of plastic surgery.

Personally I think it is the make-up. Make-up can make someone look drastically different.

#98 yunapolaris

yunapolaris

I'm here because

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,833 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 10:52 PM

Even though we discussed, we will never know the truth, right? It is quite pointless to discuss such thing...We can say she looks good or not so good here and there but we cannot know whether it is the make-up or the work of plastic surgery.

Personally I think it is the make-up. Make-up can make someone look drastically different.

I do agree with you, I also think it's the make-up. I've been following her for a long time, since she had debut, and compared to her young picture, I see she's still have the same face, just thinner or chubbier- like I said.

I can't stop people from what they want to discuss, and maybe we find it's pointless, but the others find it worth debate, you know. You don't have to follow the thread if you find the topic is tasteless to you.

It's against the forum's rules to spread false rumors about the plastic surgery, but so far this discussion is still in the limit on discuss. I keep a very tight eye on this topic to make sure it's not going out of control.

#99 WeLuvUBoA-kiddo

WeLuvUBoA-kiddo

My girlfriend just dumped me. -_-

• Hiatus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,318 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 04:06 PM

I do agree with you, I also think it's the make-up. I've been following her for a long time, since she had debut, and compared to her young picture, I see she's still have the same face, just thinner or chubbier- like I said.

I can't stop people from what they want to discuss, and maybe we find it's pointless, but the others find it worth debate, you know. You don't have to follow the thread if you find the topic is tasteless to you.

It's against the forum's rules to spread false rumors about the plastic surgery, but so far this discussion is still in the limit on discuss. I keep a very tight eye on this topic to make sure it's not going out of control.

^ From what I've seen from previous topics, anything that discusses plastic surgery actually gets locked even if so worded kindly or out of pure curiosity. Pointless or not, the disussion of Plastic Surgery in this thread is obviously of Negative connotation which in the end is an obvious frown upon BoA, no question.

This topic much like the one about her decline in ranks is redundant. Not only that, but this topic in specific is much harder to debate since we have no solid figures to make a proper dispute. For me, we've already went over these things before and once is enough . . . but the direction it's going in just does not sit with me at all. I say this not just because I'm upset, but because I have realized now how some of the topics we create show an obvious and unwelcoming instability in the community. If I were new to this forum, now, i'd be doubting BoA quickly because that's how some minds work.

Fans represent their idol, and as fickle as it is, have you ever stumbled upon things like "I don't want to like Super Junior because of Elfs, or SNSD because of sones" It works the same way with every other artist. Not saying that we should be goodie too shoes in lala land but rather tone down are criticsms because they've been overbearing lately and do in fact push other members away. It's tact in respect in regards to others. As I've said before, you can disagree without being an insensitive jerk, it's all a matter of diction.

----

Maybe mods should create a serious discussion section in regards to BoA like the one they have in the Lounge (not for the faint hearted or as other people say easily butthurt).

#100 yunapolaris

yunapolaris

I'm here because

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,833 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 05:53 PM

etc..

It's tact in respect in regards to others. As I've said before, you can disagree without being an insensitive jerk, it's all a matter of diction.

Maybe mods should create a serious discussion section in regards to BoA like the one they have in the Lounge (not for the faint hearted or as other people say easily butthurt).

To be honest with you, like I also said in the other thread, if this were my personal blogs, a lot of posts will be deleted. But since this is a public forum, people have their right to discuss, AS LONG AS we respect BoA & each others. Mems showed disrespect to peers did get warnings, or even banned if they keep their attitude up.

For this topic, I'm not keen of it either, but..how do I put this, ..
It wasn't a kind of topic which mindless yelling 'Hey BoA had plastic surgery!!!' , it came from an observation & curiosity of a member. I consider it something like talking about lip sync, like "I was wondering if BoA lipsync-ed in abc performance", I don't think it's wrong or disrespect to discuss about something like that. If we just delete/close every topic about lip-sync, plastic surgery or even her decrease in career, I think it's very shady & dictatorial, as if we have something to hide while in fact we don't.
As I said, I'm trying my very best to keep this topic away from bashing/false rumors topic. As soon as this topic cross that line, it's done.

#101 haileying

haileying

Who's BoA?

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 07:17 PM

Hope everyone can forgive my bad English >.<!!!
These days, I see someone on the BoAjjang forums say that BoA's face shape has changed a lot or something ...Before he/her post, I saw a news about BoA's look in Korea website, however, there wasn't translation. Today, I find that Soompi has translated the article. Therefore I want to show it to BoA's fans ^^!

BoA's Unchanging Beauty Throughout The Years Becomes a Hot Topic

Singer BoA's unchanging beauty has recently been a hot topic among netizens.
BoA who is currently appearing on SBS' audition program "K-Pop Star" has been praised numerous times for her natural looks and beauty. This fact didn't escape netizens' sharp eyes as they shared pictures of BoA's debuts days and compared them with her actual looks.
In particular, a picture showing BoA in 2004 has been cropped and compared with one screenshot of BoA on SBS K-Pop Star.
Her striking and unchanging appearance is obvious when comparing both pictures. BoA is known for her chameleon like image, as she has been the lead of many trends be it in fashion, looks and music throughout her career. She still boasts flawless pale skin and a sharp nose.
Netizens have been surprised by BoA's unchanging beauty throughout the years and some even questioned whether the picture on the left was really dated 2004.
They commented, "I can't believe it," "BoA doesn't age," She looks exactly the same, how is that possible," I thought that she looks even prettier now but she looked really pretty before too," "As expected from BoA, the natural beauty,"
Check out some pictures of BoA we compiled below. What do you think of BoA's unchanging beauty?

I just wanna share my opinion that althought I has been BoA's big fans for 5 years only, I checked all her stuff, video, photo...from her debut time. As a fan, I think...no...I sure that her face shape haven't change by plastic surgery. Actually, you look at her old photos(without makeup) , her face shape looks the same. You know what , makeup can change a lot! In Chinese, we say that "There is no ugly woman in the world but only lazy woman." Surely, BoA's look may have little change . However, that is nature because everyone would change when they grow up! If you remember , BoA had filmed a tea commercial in 2007. The commercial was known by BoA's V line face shape.

I know that everyone here has their rights to say about BoA. However , if you are a true fan and being a fan of BoA long time ago, you may understand my feelings when seeing someone says BoA have plastic surgery!
Sorry for my bad English again>.<!

credit: http://www.soompi.co...mes-a-hot-topic

#102 happy!

happy!

I'm an official BoA fan!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 07:35 PM

well, i started that topic about her face shape. I didn't mean that she must've done plastic surgery, I'm just curious if she changed because of her weight or other things... cause, you know, I've been thinking about that question for like a year already and I keep on seeing news or comments about her look ,so I just want to ask others for their opinion..I'm sorry if starting that topic and made you feel unhappy or anything, I really didn't mean to offend BoA ...(I'm not sure if you are not happy with me or not, but just want to clarify this..)

#103 2boamystar

2boamystar

Always be BoA's fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 10:01 PM

I always believe that BoA did not undertake plastic surgery. I have seen her photo since she was in college and she looked beautiful back then. It is just the make-up and costumes that change everything.

#104 yunapolaris

yunapolaris

I'm here because

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,833 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 11:16 PM

Is it a trendy thing to talk about BoA's face nowadays or something !?? :blink: :blink:
It's ridiculous to say that BoA doesn't age. She is just a human being after all, and every one ages. Comparing her pics from 2000 til now and tell me she didn't age! :huh:
And her looks did change a lot through years, and lucky in a good way thou. Before she was a cute girl, now she is becoming an attractive WOMAN. She's not that old at all! She is just 25, almost 26- the period where a woman bloom the most and looks the most beautiful in their life.
Is there something with being beautiful !? I can't help thinking that people are just jealous because BoA gets more beautiful when she gets older, while they are not :rolleyes:
--------------------------------------
Anyway, this topic is merged into Official BoA looks thread

#105 Cori

Cori

Teh Hajiman Sexy Fail Kru's Ultimate BoA fan

• BoAjjang Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,304 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 05:16 AM

Would you like me to pin this topic? So that is it always on the front page of the General BoA topics?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users