Photo

[engsub] why BoA cried at KPop Star ep 21?

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#16 kitzutsuita

kitzutsuita

I can't get BoA off my mind!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 780 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 06:31 PM

Some of the replies here make me raise my eyebrows. Wow!! that is the only thing you can utter after watching this girl who has dedicated her whole childhood and youth making music for you pouring her heart out? BoA just does not tell us about any topic!!. She told us about her insecurities, the hardships she had to endure all these years all alone. She basically told people to stop putting so much pressure/ expectation on her shoulder because she is no superwoman, and this is what she gets? More complaints. I know that you want new music, you miss BoA. She ain't your child (you should reserve your ridiculously high expectations and channel them later to your child, he/she will be immensely grateful :) ) and BoA owns you NOTHING, so stop asking her to do this do that because "I want her to do better". It becomes irrelevant now as BoA stated herself she hates those kinds of remarks. I thought some people after being her fans for near one long decade should understand BoA's predicament. BoA's peak is over, she wants to lead a life that bears MEANING to her (not you, may I remind again). It is HER life, and she is now opt to do what she likes. The woman is in her late 20s already, and she has her own vision of what life from now on she'd like to lead. I thought you understood that BoA was in no position to release music just to please the mass; she participated in Kpop Star with hope of rejuvenating herself and seeking inspiration upon reflecting on the young contestants' efforts (contestants who remind her of who she was once in the past).
You might not think of it but an artist is no machine. Inspirational ideas just don't come that easily; you have to earn them through a process of self-cultivation. I find it amusing how Utada's fan can be so understanding and tolerant, yet some BoA's fans possess some kind of compulsive control tendency toward their idol. Utada's fans respect her and let her take her break with grace and patiently wait for her. BoA is active in the entertainment scene (though may not be totally music-related) yet her fans diss her left and right, I don't see that kind of mindset even in the younger fans liking idol groups who must be the most active ones doing reality and talk shows and rarely release any materials of quality. There is something in life people should know: Gratitude :) Just be grateful that BoA doesn't ditch you to marry off some guy. Even she does so, nobody has the right to complain.
One more thing, aside from all the self-promotion benefits BoA gets from doing reality shows, I feel happy because for the first time, in so many years, I get to know the woman behind the music I always adore. I always got one or two tidbits about BoA's personality from the scanty behind-the-scenes clips in the past, but not this up-close and genuine revelation. I see BoA in a whole new light as a human being not just as BoA the singer/ performer.

P/S I suggest some of you guys read BoA's recent interview articles. BoA has a good sense of who she is, and she doesn't seem to care much about sales/ rankings. Sometimes, it feels rather trivial concerning yourself too much with the superficial results that appear even more superfluous in the ever-changing and changeable showbiz.

Took the words right out of my mouth!! :) +1!!

#17 myname_boa_betheone

myname_boa_betheone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 769 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 07:34 PM

^^You're so right. Oh the irony of our little discussion above. haha

However, as fans of her music , all we could do is speculate and hope for the best, and BoA's still so young at 25 and has so much potential and that's why we're rooting for her, but at the end of the day, it will be her decisions, not ours. Also, I think the reason why BoA tends to be seen as less of an artist and more of a "machine" is because that's the nature of her career as a Kpop star, and that's what she's done for most of the ten years until recently really when she took the time to be really involved in much of "Hurricane Venus." For the most part, she's been a performer, not an artist really.

I believe BoA herself too wants to feel more alive, to put more zeal/passion in the songs she releases; she wants to feel more attached to her works in general. She wants to have more contribution in the music making process. This did not start recently with the production of Hurricane Venus but could be traced far back to the time she decided to test her ability to sing without relying on dancing, which is her forte, in BoA the Live 2006, and did she surprise herself and us how she managed to convert her emotions impeccably!!
I think a performer can be an artist too; those terms are not necessarily mutually exclusive, and that's what BoA is trying to do, to improve as an artist. She struggles to define herself somehow, but along her self-discovery, even there are unsatisfactory results, I find many valuable gems as well (Implode, DNWTS, Eien, Romance, Possibility etc.). I think as fans we can expect up to certain extent, but don't expect too much since you only make it hard for yourself and for BoA too.

#18 2boamystar

2boamystar

Always be BoA's fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 12:14 AM

Some of the replies here make me raise my eyebrows. Wow!! that is the only thing you can utter after watching this girl who has dedicated her whole childhood and youth making music for you pouring her heart out? BoA just does not tell us about any topic!!. She told us about her insecurities, the hardships she had to endure all these years all alone. She basically told people to stop putting so much pressure/ expectation on her shoulder because she is no superwoman, and this is what she gets? More complaints. I know that you want new music, you miss BoA. She ain't your child (you should reserve your ridiculously high expectations and channel them later to your child, he/she will be immensely grateful :) ) and BoA owns you NOTHING, so stop asking her to do this do that because "I want her to do better". It becomes irrelevant now as BoA stated herself she hates those kinds of remarks. I thought some people after being her fans for near one long decade should understand BoA's predicament. BoA's peak is over, she wants to lead a life that bears MEANING to her (not you, may I remind again). It is HER life, and she is now opt to do what she likes. The woman is in her late 20s already, and she has her own vision of what life from now on she'd like to lead. I thought you understood that BoA was in no position to release music just to please the mass; she participated in Kpop Star with hope of rejuvenating herself and seeking inspiration upon reflecting on the young contestants' efforts (contestants who remind her of who she was once in the past).
You might not think of it but an artist is no machine. Inspirational ideas just don't come that easily; you have to earn them through a process of self-cultivation. I find it amusing how Utada's fan can be so understanding and tolerant, yet some BoA's fans possess some kind of compulsive control tendency toward their idol. Utada's fans respect her and let her take her break with grace and patiently wait for her. BoA is active in the entertainment scene (though may not be totally music-related) yet her fans diss her left and right, I don't see that kind of mindset even in the younger fans liking idol groups who must be the most active ones doing reality and talk shows and rarely release any materials of quality. There is something in life people should know: Gratitude :) Just be grateful that BoA doesn't ditch you to marry off some guy. Even she does so, nobody has the right to complain.
One more thing, aside from all the self-promotion benefits BoA gets from doing reality shows, I feel happy because for the first time, in so many years, I get to know the woman behind the music I always adore. I always got one or two tidbits about BoA's personality from the scanty behind-the-scenes clips in the past, but not this up-close and genuine revelation. I see BoA in a whole new light as a human being not just as BoA the singer/ performer.

P/S I suggest some of you guys read BoA's recent interview articles. BoA has a good sense of who she is, and she doesn't seem to care much about sales/ rankings. Sometimes, it feels rather trivial concerning yourself too much with the superficial results that appear even more superfluous in the ever-changing and changeable showbiz.

Perfect! Your reply is just perfect! This is what I have been trying to say all along...

#19 hinachan

hinachan

I miss my mom so much....

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,472 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 12:06 AM

Some of the replies here make me raise my eyebrows. Wow!! that is the only thing you can utter after watching this girl who has dedicated her whole childhood and youth making music for you pouring her heart out? BoA just does not tell us about any topic!!. She told us about her insecurities, the hardships she had to endure all these years all alone.

You do realize that we already knew all this from the myriad interviews she's done in the past? If you were unaware of all this before now, you're the one who should have been paying attention and caring more.

I've been saying that BoA's doing too much and needs to gain some weight, because I'm concerned for her health and well-being. I'm the one who thought it was insane that BoA was flying between Asia and the USA when her album came out here, because she needed to focus on one market at a time; you'll recall she ended up getting sick and had to cancel a US performance as a result of this. I don't know about you, but I don't like BoA getting sick from being overworked.

And I think it's ridiculous that she done reality TV, albums in Japan and Korea, will be doing promotion for COBU 3D at some point...and now she's doing another season of a reality show? When they have her doing so many things at once, the result is quite predictable: BoA will have another hastily-put-together flop album in Japan, she won't be able to focus on promoting her movie (which she needs to do if she hopes to have an acting career here), and her Korean album will do well. We already know her Korean album will do well, even without all these other projects--HV proved that.

If BoA wants to be a performer, she needs to devote plenty of time to each project. Her handlers are making her do too much. How can she remain a pan-Asian star, if she's judging other people's talent while not using her own? I think you're flying off the handle, thinking people are attacking BoA, when we're just sensible people who can see how SM is overworking her and wasting her talent on a project that's taking her energy away from where it's needed most--her music and acting.

She basically told people to stop putting so much pressure/ expectation on her shoulder because she is no superwoman, and this is what she gets? More complaints. I know that you want new music, you miss BoA. She ain't your child (you should reserve your ridiculously high expectations and channel them later to your child, he/she will be immensely grateful :) )

As long as we're going to go there, I'd like to point out that I would never under any circumstances allow my teenaged daughter to go to another country without me being right there by her side. Since they wanted her to be immersed in the Japanese language/culture, I would study it with her, and only speak to her in Japanese. I don't have "ridiculously high expectations"--SM does. They're the ones who expected a kid to endure what they put BoA through. They're the ones who expected her album to do well here, in spite of their bungling. They're the ones who have her work so hard that her face is sunken at the "ripe old age" of 25.

In other words, if you're really concerned about BoA, you wouldn't criticize the people expressing their concerns for her and her career. You would share their concerns.

#20 kitzutsuita

kitzutsuita

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 780 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 05:08 PM

^ I can almost certainly say that people were not replying in regards to those who have concerns for BoA. Rather, if you read the topic from the beginning, you could see why people made these comments. There are certain people who will never be happy and is always asking for more.

#21 starfire

starfire

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 409 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 05:03 PM

Does anyone have a copy of the video since [email protected]!~ SBS blocked it? :angry:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users