18 replies to this topic

#1 Uni

Uni

Teh Hajiman Sexy Fail Kru 's Enforcer >D

• BoAjjang Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,665 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 09:03 AM

On April 26th, Mnet held their Japan concert for "M! Countdown" titled, "M! Countdown One Asian Hello Japan," and featured top idols such as 4minute, MBLAQ, FTISLAND, miss A, U-KISS, Secret, SISTAR, Tiger JK, Yoon Mirae, Dynamic Duo, Supernova, John Park, A Pink, J Soul Brothers, E-Girls, and Busker Busker.

Last night's performance also had special stages called, "Korean Wave History," to which Korean artists who have succeeded in Japan such as TVXQ, BoA, and KARA, had their songs covered by present idols. TVXQ's "Rising Sun" was covered by idol group MBLAQ, while A Pink covered KARA's "Mister."

SISTAR's power vocalist, Hyorin, took on her special stage alone and gave a powerful performance of BoA's hit track, "Listen To My Heart." Hyorin's husky voice gives a new spin on BoA's track.

Check out the special performance below. What are your thoughts on how Hyorin did on BoA's song?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LL3G3quN0o

Credits:
Site: http://BoAjjang.com
News Update: Uni (BoAjjang.com)
Video Source: KpopShowTV07

#2 Chibi_Mayu

Chibi_Mayu

Mahou Shoujo sparkles

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,860 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 09:12 AM

idontcurr about sistar and everything, but objectively speaking, that cover was nice and energetic, BoA would be proud :')

#3 Baco__

Baco__

I can't get BoA off my mind!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 09:18 AM

unlike her previous My Name cover, I didn't like this one.

it's lacking something, her voice sounds so weak and tired here, but maybe that's because she wasn't used to the LTMH dance routine, don't know.

It's far from being bad, but if this was a Hyorin song I wouldn't like it.....

#4 DumbAss

DumbAss

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 09:20 AM

BoA's verison is still the best!! but still a job well done for hyorin! :thumbsup:

#5 Uni

Uni

Teh Hajiman Sexy Fail Kru 's Enforcer >D

• BoAjjang Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,665 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 09:35 AM

it's lacking something, her voice sounds so weak and tired here, but maybe that's because she wasn't used to the LTMH dance routine, don't know.

Hyorin's been really sick since they started promotions for their new track "Alone"

#6 leopxt

leopxt

I'm an official BoA fan!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 12:36 PM

I liked, I like her... My Name not was so cool but
Ok, at the end of the video my opinion just changed, I don't liked lol But it's (almolst) always nice see someone performing BoA :D

#7 yunapolaris

yunapolaris

I'm here because

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,833 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 08:19 PM

Hyorin's been really sick since they started promotions for their new track "Alone"

I was about to say I agreed with Baco, but then Uni's post explained it. She was indeed a teeny tiny bit tired in the voice from the half of the song to the end, and the dance too, she didn't really nail it, I'm not sure how good she is at dancing. Her voice was very good at first thou, I'm impressed with her Japanese singing.
After, it wasn't bad but it wasn't good either. But it's good to see BoA gets some credit & honored :wub:

#8 2boamystar

2boamystar

Always be BoA's fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,754 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 02:00 AM

The only thing I care is that BoA is honoured in this way.
Hyorin's performance is just so-so to me.

#9 Zanarkand

Zanarkand

I'm an official BoA fan!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 12:48 PM

@yunapolaris: Actually, she did the Korean ver. of LTMH

And I'm pretty much synonymous with everyone here that while it was nice for BoA to get recognition, (looking past Hyorin's condition/voice), I just wasn't feeling it. I mainly blame my bias to previous experiences of watching BoA sing it and my mind instantly knows and pinpoints the differences. It's just always present in the back of my mind as I watch covers. Lol

#10 xxiicorina

xxiicorina

Let's Jump High Together ٩(≧◡≦)�

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,495 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 01:45 PM

I love Hyorin's voice, but her voice wasn't the best here. But I can understand why because she's sick.

I give her props for her for trying her best on stage ^^

#11 leni

leni

My girlfriend just dumped me. -_-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,620 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 06:27 PM

I honestly think that among the idols who've covered BoA's songs (well, at least the ones I heard), Hyorin's done the best covers (well, My Name and this one, though My Name was way better than this). Maybe because she's one of the idols nowadays who have really good and strong vocals. I can only imagine how much better it would be if she weren't sick :)

#12 yunapolaris

yunapolaris

I'm here because

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,833 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 07:53 PM

@yunapolaris: Actually, she did the Korean ver. of LTMH

:o You are right! I couldn't believe it when I read your reply so that I gotta watch the vid again :o . I have no idea what I was thinking :lol: , the only explanation I can think of is at 0:15 Hyorin sang 'ko-ku-rol' which sounds like "kokoro" and my brain just went blank and registered it as Japanese :lol:
Thank you for pointing it out thou! Man I feel like an idiot :lol:

#13 BNBEAT91

BNBEAT91

mmm... BoA's cute

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 08:23 PM

Even if she is sick, I think she did a good job. I love this song, and even though I prefer the original by BoA, this was a great cover in my opinion. It's good to hear songs like this being remembered.

Edited by BNBEAT91, 28 April 2012 - 08:25 PM.

#14 Mashimaro-san

Mashimaro-san

VIVID

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,478 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 05:08 PM

One word: Blegh.

#15 MOTOWAYohsixfive

MOTOWAYohsixfive

My girlfriend just dumped me. -_-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,960 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 07:48 PM

^ LMAO... hahaha
I like Hyorin's voice much more than BoA's nasally one, but I agree that Hyorin is very BLEGH overall. She's not as trashy as some stars, but she definitely gives off a similar vibe (at least for me). Not sexy at all. =\

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users