Photo

Songs by Loreen (swedish artist!) - A MUST SEE!

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Scuz

Scuz

My girlfriend just dumped me. -_-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,686 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 03:46 AM

Hi!

I wanted to recommend a few songs by the swedish artist Loreen who won Eurovision song contest this year!

Euphoria - the winning song of Eurovision 2012, and its a fantastic powerful and beautiful performance you have to see! The song is AMAZING and so is she!

My heart is refusing me - Another amazing song!!
http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

I hope you like her! I absolutely love her!

PS: Her song "Sober" is also very good!

Edited by Scuz, 09 June 2012 - 03:47 AM.

#2 hinachan

hinachan

I miss my mom so much....

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,472 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 12:35 AM

She's okay, but I was disappointed that she lip-synced her performance. You can tell esp. at the beginning, when she throws her torso around very quickly, yet her "voice" is as strong as if she were standing still.

The down side to winning Eurovision is that nearly all the acts that win tend to have short-lived careers. Among the very few who went on to have lasting success was ABBA...who, like Loreen, were the Swedish winners! :)

#3 Mashimaro-san

Mashimaro-san

VIVID

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,478 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 06:08 PM

I loved LOREEN way before Eurovision. She was not so popular before.

I listen to Scandipop a lot, the Swedes and Norwegians make some of the best pop music out there.

#4 Baco__

Baco__

I can't get BoA off my mind!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 867 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 05:24 AM

I actually didn't liked Euphoria that much, but really enjoyed. I think this year's Eurovision wasn't as good as last year's nor 2010's, but that's just my opinion.

About the nordic pop (can I call it that way?!) is, indeed, much estimated and great pop music. K-Pop is what people are listening to now just because of the looks 'cause most of them are remakes from nordic pop. BoA's biggest hit was made by a Norwegian music team (it's what I've read somewhere here correct me if I'm totally wrong lol) :D

I really enjoyed what I've listened to, but I know I lack of knowledge from that area, so if you could show me more artists from there I'd love to :D

I only know Robyn, Alphabeat, Maria Storeng (Mittet) - the first I knew through BoA 'cause she wrote Don't Give A Damn from My Name album, if there's still someone that don't know this lol, Lene Alexandra (♥ huahuauha) and others I can't catch right now

#5 Scuz

Scuz

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,686 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 07:48 AM

She's okay, but I was disappointed that she lip-synced her performance. You can tell esp. at the beginning, when she throws her torso around very quickly, yet her "voice" is as strong as if she were standing still.

The down side to winning Eurovision is that nearly all the acts that win tend to have short-lived careers. Among the very few who went on to have lasting success was ABBA...who, like Loreen, were the Swedish winners! :)

Actually she didn't lipsync because that is not allowed in Eurovision or in the swedish eurovision! Loreen just has a very incredible voice! :)
I think Loreen has a great chance to succeed like ABBA, but that is ofcourse up to her! Its not easy but I really hope she will make it big! Go Abba btw, Waterloo is one of my favorite songs in Eurovision :)

#6 Scuz

Scuz

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,686 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 08:04 AM

I actually didn't liked Euphoria that much, but really enjoyed. I think this year's Eurovision wasn't as good as last year's nor 2010's, but that's just my opinion.

About the nordic pop (can I call it that way?!) is, indeed, much estimated and great pop music. K-Pop is what people are listening to now just because of the looks 'cause most of them are remakes from nordic pop. BoA's biggest hit was made by a Norwegian music team (it's what I've read somewhere here correct me if I'm totally wrong lol) :D

I really enjoyed what I've listened to, but I know I lack of knowledge from that area, so if you could show me more artists from there I'd love to :D

I only know Robyn, Alphabeat, Maria Storeng (Mittet) - the first I knew through BoA 'cause she wrote Don't Give A Damn from My Name album, if there's still someone that don't know this lol, Lene Alexandra (♥ huahuauha) and others I can't catch right now

I have to admit that I don't listen to swedish music that much! But Loreen really impressed me! I can listen to some artist but most of the time they've only made one och two good songs. I really don't have an swedish idol! But I guess I can suggest some artist and songs that I like! :)

Jill Johnsson - Kärleken är (
Åsa Jinder & CajsaStina Åkerström - Av längtan till dig
Dilba - I´m Sorry
The Cardigans - my favorite game
The Sounds - No one sleeps when Im awake
Nordman - Vandraren
Sarek - Genom eld och vatten
Sandra Dahlberg - Här Stannar Jag Kvar
Nanne Grönvall - Håll om mig
Drömhus - vill ha dig
Dead by april - losing you
Cecilia Vennersten - Det vackraste
Broder daniel - superstar
Kent - dom andra
Kent - FF
Jan Johanssen - Se på mig
Timoteij - Kom
Alexander Rybak - fairytale (norweigan artist)
Roxette - It must have been love, spending my time, stars, the look, sleeping in my car, wish i could fly
Malena Ernman - La voix

If you want more just say so! :)

I hope you like these songs! Its fun to see that someone has heard swedish music here! :)

#7 Mashimaro-san

Mashimaro-san

VIVID

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,478 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 12:52 PM

BoA's Korean song NO. 1 was originally produced by a Norwegian music company. I actually found the Norwegian website that had that info but I forgot it now, let me see if I can find it again. I assume it might have had original English or Norwegian lyrics while SM Entertainment simply bought the rights to the demo and added Korean lyrics, of course editing the song a bit itself.

EDIT: Found the original producer and songwriter of NO.1 by BoA. The name is Sigurd Rosnes. He also produced Spark and Touch (both amazing songs, I want BoA to do those types of songs again).

I think the appropriate term is Scandipop because it covers the entire Scandinavia region (Norway, Denmark and Sweden) instead of "Nordic" which is mainly just Norwegian. The level of quality in their pop songs is just amazing :)!

I currently like Sarah West (check out her song You Didn't Kill Me), Christopher (check out Nothing In Common) and The Sound of Arrows (check out Wonders) :). I also like Nadine, she's not popular, she's Afrikaan (South African of Dutch blood), but I really like her voice (check out For The Best). I know more but they are not so popular I think.

Can we make this the official Scandipop Thread in BoAjjang? :D!

Edited by Mashimaro-san, 18 June 2012 - 01:06 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users