379 replies to this topic

#226 BoA_rocks_in_english

BoA_rocks_in_english

The Unbiased BoA Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,011 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 02:48 AM

After a ton of listens I feel Mayday! Mayday! should have been the title track, it's a lot more interesting than Only One.

#227 *mij*

*mij*

I can't get BoA off my mind!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 967 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 03:15 AM

It's strange, but the beginning of Not over you reminds me of Believe in love. The way she sings it. Think I'm the only who will think this :) but the first thing I thought when I heard it was: Believe in love influence :)

#228 OneLuv

OneLuv

I'm an official BoA fan!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 03:55 AM

Just listened to all the tracks. Im loving Only One and The Shadow...the other tracks are great also. Im so proud of BoA and really appreciate the hard work she has done.

#229 JustinPerky

JustinPerky

My girlfriend just dumped me. -_-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,405 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 04:11 AM

I like how the album sounds different from the current K-pop sound.
I really like Mayday!Mayday! and The Shadow.
No regrets in preordering the album :)

#230 2boamystar

2boamystar

Always be BoA's fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 05:04 AM

For me I have been replaying the music video again and again. I love her dancing so much!

#231 kumi291

kumi291

Who's BoA?

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 05:13 AM

This album was really unexpected, at least for me! I mean, they didn't even promote it properly, I wonder why...? :/

#232 endingstory

endingstory

I'm an official BoA fan!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 05:18 AM

Olleh - 1st
Mnet - 2nd
Melon - 2nd
Naver - 1st
daum - 1st
bugs - 1st

at 10:12 KST

faring very well against b2st!

Edited by endingstory, 22 July 2012 - 05:18 AM.

#233 void03

void03

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 377 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 05:40 AM

I think BoA has taken the right direction with this kind of music for this album. With the recent exposure on K-Pop star show as a judge, she may have garnered some new fans and such therefore trying to appeal to a wide audience with this kind of song rather than a dance heavy beat sounding song.

So hopefully all the exposure she has gotten through the past year will help boost her as a music artist or something along those lines.

But yeah, hope the digital sales will be steady and her physical releases too in this heavy idol saturated industry.

Edited by void03, 22 July 2012 - 05:43 AM.

#234 2boamystar

2boamystar

Always be BoA's fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 05:54 AM

She is doing well against B2ST. Hope that it will last long!

I expect her physical sale to be good too :D

#235 xxiicorina

xxiicorina

Let's Jump High Together ٩(≧◡≦)�

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,495 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 06:50 AM

The MV is just amazing! (: Can't wait till the drama version is released.

Oh, does anyone know when the album be released on itunes? Probably on July 25th since the album is released on that date. (?)

#236 Cori

Cori

Teh Hajiman Sexy Fail Kru's Ultimate BoA fan

• BoAjjang Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,304 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 07:20 AM

BoA's biggest "competition" seems to be Psy. I personally am not upset at her not pushing past his no.1 spot on Mnet and Melon. Gangnam Style is just sweeping the wave in Korea right now. It isn't too popular amongst international fans, besides the ones that have known Psy for a while and know it isn't a beauty contest with him. Psy just puts out catchy songs with a MV that makes you laugh, he is a comedian-singer after all.

I think, coming from a long time fan stand point, I feel like this album is so unusual for the "category" it's going into and yet, it's awesome. If people in Korea and international Kpop fans can't see 1.How amazing BoA simply is through the album and 2.How it's time to step slowly away from the dance song that repeats the title phrase over and over again, because it's all starting to run into eachother, then they are missing out.

This is an album I hope BoA is proud of because I am proud of HER for it! It's such a breath of fresh air for me, you have no idea! I think, no matter where she places on the charts, we should all rejoice in the fact that the BoA we all fell in love with is making some awesome songs once again. (not saying previous was bad but...it had it's moments).

She will always be our BoA. Singer, dancer, our everything, but as a human being she has touch our hearts in more ways then one and without meeting a hefty majority of us.

보아짱~!

#237 jessiep

jessiep

My family just disowned me!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,313 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 07:23 AM

Only One mv is really good. BoA again executes every dance move precisely, and I got to give credit to Nappytabs for the awesome choreography. Only One really brought back the younger days of BoA (music- and look-wise). I'm pretty happy with this comeback.

#238 2boamystar

2boamystar

Always be BoA's fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 07:25 AM

Totally agree with what you said Cori. I am so happy to see BoA coming back with such power and the vibrance and the energy that she possesses. I really enjoy this album and I can understand why she said she felt like aging 10 years during the production of this album

#239 milestone✧

milestone✧

mmm... BoA's cute

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 07:27 AM

Putting charts aside and that she's doing great there,
I want to say that I'm really proud of BoA wiriting anc composing songs.
I don't know why but this album gave me that feeling when I listened to 'Deluxe'. How it reminded me, I don't know haha.
But summing everything together it's very lovely album suited for various public.
Her fresh and high vocal brings me that nostalgia, I really like it.

#240 killeraznxkt

killeraznxkt

I can't get BoA off my mind!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 07:30 AM

i think shes no.1 on all the charts right now

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users