11 replies to this topic

#1 karuno

karuno

I'm an official BoA fan!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 07:10 PM

SM Entertainment‘s newest rookie, solo artist J-Min will make her official debut as a singer on SBS “Inkigayo” on August 26. She will be singing “Stand Up,” a song from the soundtrack of SBS’s “To the Beautiful You.” For J-Min’s TV debut, her SM colleague Jung Mo of TRAX is to make a special guest appearance as a guitar session.
The song features powerful guitar riff and drum sounds and gives a positive message to the listeners, narrating that “I’m not alone in this world.”
J-Min first debuted in Japan in 2007. She participated in SM Town’s winter album “The Warmest Gift” and the soundtracks of TV dramas like “The King 2Hearts,” and “Moosin.” She is currently playing the female lead role, Gloria, in musical theater production of “Jack the Ripper” in Seoul, Korea until August 25.

From soompi: http://www.soompi.co...ut-on-inkigayo/

What do you think about SM's plan? My first thought was: "why do you wanna focus on another solo female singer when you've got BoA :( " She's not really a new artist since she's debuted in Japan before this but this is her first debut in Korea.

#2 JustinPerky

JustinPerky

My girlfriend just dumped me. -_-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,392 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 07:32 PM

I don't see any problem with it. The industry needs more talented solo singers like J-Min. She's pretty awesome, so why not?
BoA wouldn't be affected in my opinion.

Edited by JustinPerky, 23 August 2012 - 07:33 PM.

#3 Starbolt

Starbolt

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 444 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 01:37 PM

I don't think it wouldn't affect BoA.
SME is a company, and it needs to look on the long-term to stay 'alive'. One day, BoA will stop and as a company SME needs artists to keep it running.

#4 linus22

linus22

I'm an official BoA fan!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 10:38 PM

Wouldn't it be good actually? Korea should start creating more solo artists than girl/boy bands !

#5 Seridowen

Seridowen

mmm... BoA's cute

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 07:05 AM

I think it's actually a really good thing! I was amazed when I heard her voice in The Warmest Gift and I remember being unpleasently surprised when I realised she was not well known. Plus, her voice is different from BoA's, so I don't think it will affect her... and Korea needs more solo artist in my opinion ^^;;

#6 JustinPerky

JustinPerky

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,392 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 08:12 AM

She is pretty damn good live. Such powerful voice.
I demand SM to make her a full length album :D

#7 xabbiey

xabbiey

Who's BoA?

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 06:20 AM

seeing from her performance i think she will be a unique soloist, her genre is different with the commom singer
in my opinion this kind of singer, even she is a soloist, wouldn't disturb or even replace BoA, She will be a side power for SM with her powerfull and unique voice different with BoA who use her dance and smooth voice as her weapon :thumbsup:

#8 xxiicorina

xxiicorina

Let's Jump High Together ٩(≧◡≦)�

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,495 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 08:31 AM

This is a change for SM since the company has a lot of boy and girl band than solo singers.
I really like her voice and her vibe when she sings, plus the genre of the song is... well different. I like it!

and I'm sure her debut won't affect BoA. ^^

#9 hinachan

hinachan

Spending too much time online ^_^

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,467 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 01:16 AM

I'm stunned...J-Min's voice is wonderful!

And I agree, her genre is so different from BoA's, that there would be no competition between them. :)

#10 itslikedat

itslikedat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 02:01 PM

Hey anyone know what's up with J-Min these days? Has she released an album or anything? I only know the song Stand Up lol

#11 xxiicorina

xxiicorina

Let's Jump High Together ٩(≧◡≦)�

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,495 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 10:27 AM

Hey anyone know what's up with J-Min these days? Has she released an album or anything? I only know the song Stand Up lol

She released a Japanese single and music video.. that's all I know so far :D

#12 moonrabbit

moonrabbit

I can't get BoA off my mind!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 648 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 10:04 PM

She released a Japanese single and music video.. that's all I know so far :D

As of 2014, she released a Japanese album called Cross the Border.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users