17 replies to this topic

#1 keepsgettinbetter

keepsgettinbetter

I can't get BoA off my mind!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 11:36 AM

I know threads like this probably exist, but it's always nice to hear different people's stories of how they got into BoA :wub:

I discovered Asian music in 2005 due to an article in a magazine that labelled Utada's "Exodus" album as "one to watch"; I fell in love with it and sought her Japanese music soon after. After a few months (early 2006), I asked around on forums for J-pop artists besides Utada, and BoA was mentioned a few times. I downloaded her latest single (brand new beat) and I really liked it! I then got her other Japanese albums and spent time getting into those; my favourites were VALENTI, LISTEN TO MY HEART and OUTGROW. I then downloaded her Korean albums and fell in love with those too, my favourite being My Name. By 2008 she was well and truly the one artist that I have completely fallen in love with! By the end of 2009 I owned all of her albums and singles. My love for her increases all the time and I honestly have so much love and respect for her that she will have a special place in my heart for my lifetime. ^_^

What about you guys?

#2 yunapolaris

yunapolaris

I'm here because

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,833 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 11:52 AM

I know threads like this probably exist, but it's always nice to hear different people's stories of how they got into BoA :wub:

You are absolutely right about this :lol: . I posted the story of how I go into BoA at least 3 times already so I'll skip this time. No offend :lol:

#3 BoA_rocks_in_english

BoA_rocks_in_english

The Unbiased BoA Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,011 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 04:58 AM

Downloading the music video for every heart by accident way way way back in the day lol

#4 TaRo33

TaRo33

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 09:37 AM

Listened to couple of BoA's songs (I remember it was NO. 1, Amazing Kiss, and Every heart) on a friend's MP3, and then also borrowed her BoA VCD 8 films & more. Thanks to my friend that I get to know BoA in my lifetime :)

#5 tini0531

tini0531

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 705 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 09:58 AM

when i watched her in mnet music awards 2002 performing 'waiting, valenti & no.1'

that time, i'm very much interested in japanese anime and i got curious on japanese celebs, but instead, i found boa, who happened to be very popular in japan that time...

i was just browsing some channels on tv and found this korean music video awards, and when the mc introduced boa, and said she was very popular in japan, then i got curious and watched boa's performance... and wow i was really amazed by her performace considering she was only 15 yrs old that time... and after that, the rest was history... it was the first time a got so obsessed to a celebrity w/ different nationality... and that was boa!!!

Edited by tini0531, 28 September 2012 - 10:00 AM.

#6 karuno

karuno

I'm an official BoA fan!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 10:46 AM

i think for a lot of people its gonna be from Inuyasha .....me included :thumbsup:

#7 AD08

AD08

mmm... BoA's cute

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 01:12 PM

this was back in 2003-2004
and i saw a BoA CD lying around the house
Posted Image
not sure if it was my brother or sister's cd but i was kinda interested because at the time they kept talking about her (but not anymore) and my brother is the same age as BoA
i started listening to it and just loved her music ever since
she got me into kpop and also because of her i fell in love with DBSK (since i listened to triangle)

#8 xabbiey

xabbiey

Who's BoA?

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 07:34 PM

i am know about BoA after watching Eat you Up MV , i cpativated with her dance and believe that she's the best female dancer in korea , beside that also her voice so beautiful , BoA i think one of the perfect singer which has nice looks , great voice and dancing :thumbsup:

#9 BoA.No.1

BoA.No.1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 07:34 PM

My cousin downloaded atlantis princess and No.1 performance on my computer and forgot to delete it. I watched it and became interested. But the thing that pulled me in was a picture of her on a cardcaptor sakura site. LOL Yes very random, but I freakin love ccs.

#10 Sakurada

Sakurada

mmm... BoA's cute

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 11:23 AM

I got into her when I finally got internet at home around 2006; a lot of people were posting pictures about her on forums I used to go to, but I didn't know she was BoA yet and when I saw her, I thought that she was the most beautiful girl ever =P then, when Chobits came out, I was looking for the opening and ending on Kazaa/Limewire and somehow downloaded Tragic from her album No.1 where it said it was a Chobits song ...so I was like ? and then I also downloaded Shine We Are! and Valenti by mistake on Kazaa/Limewire, so then I made some research and found out it was from BoA, so I looked into her official website where she was releasing Sweet Impact at the time and then I was like oh that's the beautiful girl I kept seeing all the time! =P Also, another reason why I got into her when I found out who she was is because I drew a lot back in the day and I made a story back in 2002 of a girl called Kelvena and the way I had drawn her looked like BoA so I was like o_O

#11 milestone✧

milestone✧

mmm... BoA's cute

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 01:38 AM

Everything started back in 2010s when I heard her 'Energetic'. At first I didnt check the MV, but after watching mv several times I was hooked by her talent and looks, she's amazing. ;;

#12 celbel

celbel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 04:42 PM

I stumbled on BoA's Eat You Up MV by accident while youtubing Step Up 3 back in 2008. Was blown away by her dancing cos I'd never seen anything like it for a singer at least.. just had to find out more about this girl.. and the rest is history :)

#13 hinachan

hinachan

I miss my mom so much....

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,472 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 07:30 PM

In 2000, the International Channel had a TV program called "Music Video Heaven"--all K-pop videos. I loved the artists like Baby V.O.X, Park Ji-Yoon, Papaya, etc. BoA, Dana, and Hanul all debuted around the same time, so there were a lot of comparisons. I liked all three songs a lot.

So when a Japanese penpal sent me a CD with the video of "Listen To My Heart", I knew right away who BoA was. I immediately became a huge fan, as opposed to the casual fan I had been before. :)

#14 diamond_heart

diamond_heart

I'm an official BoA fan!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 01:14 AM

InuYasha - every heart, not gonna lie about that :3
the rest is history ^^

#15 Japan02008

Japan02008

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 12:59 PM

it was on youtube and i saw girls on top, in 2006....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users