18 replies to this topic

#1 MrP

MrP

I'm an official BoA fan!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:21 AM

So GaGa was the hottest thing 2-3 years ago with Just Dance, Poker Face, Bad Romance and so on.
I personally thought she was fresh, creative and talented.
Now she just seems like an attention seeker. And she's becoming pretty damn irrelevant
I mean, we always knew she liked attention, but now she just seems so desperate.
What have we seen from Gaga in the past year?
- A poor album which she labelled as 'the album of the decade'
- Confession of her bulimic and anorexic past after she gained some weight
- Posting nearly nude picture of herself
- Video of her flashing her boobies came out
- Having Illuminati dreams/rituals
So what do you guys think? Are you a fan? Ex-fan? Love her?

#2 AyuLuv90

AyuLuv90

日本 ♥ 한국 ♥ Việt Nam

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,320 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 02:54 PM

She takes time for her albums and I appreciate it. Just simply wait for her new album 'Artpop'.

#3 yunapolaris

yunapolaris

I'm here because

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,833 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 09:28 PM

- A poor album which she labelled as 'the album of the decade'
- Confession of her bulimic and anorexic past after she gained some weight
- Posting nearly nude picture of herself
- Video of her flashing her boobies came out
- Having Illuminati dreams/rituals
So what do you guys think? Are you a fan? Ex-fan? Love her?

Which album??? The latest was 'Born this way', and you call it bad ??? . IMO 'Born this way', 'You & I', 'The edge of glory' , 'Gorvernment hooker' are all good songs! It's not up to your taste doesn't mean it's a bad album. A 'bad' album yet still on #1 of numerous charts all over the world with millions sales on itunes & such? C'mon now.
Every one has their personal problem, I do, and I'm sure you do too. What's wrong with being honest about it? It's wrong that people criticize that just because she's a celeb. A celeb is still a human being, and no human is perfect, as innocent as an angel.
And I'm not sure what nearly nude picture you were talking about, but if you meant the pic with underwear she posted on littlemonsters forum then read more into it. She was encouraging people to be happy with themselves, to be themselves and to love themselves. As far as I've seen, she's far more inspiring & more real than many celebs who partying, smoking, drinking, is all they do.
And criticize her DREAMS ?? C'mon man. Who are we to criticize what others believes in?
IMO, she's the biggest artist of the decade. And I'm excited for her new album & her live tour.

#4 BoA_rocks_in_english

BoA_rocks_in_english

The Unbiased BoA Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,011 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 08:33 AM

Never liked her.

#5 linus22

linus22

I'm an official BoA fan!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 02:38 PM

Never liked her.

me too !!

#6 MrP

MrP

I'm an official BoA fan!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 03:25 PM

Which album??? The latest was 'Born this way', and you call it bad ??? . IMO 'Born this way', 'You & I', 'The edge of glory' , 'Gorvernment hooker' are all good songs! It's not up to your taste doesn't mean it's a bad album. A 'bad' album yet still on #1 of numerous charts all over the world with millions sales on itunes & such? C'mon now.
Every one has their personal problem, I do, and I'm sure you do too. What's wrong with being honest about it? It's wrong that people criticize that just because she's a celeb. A celeb is still a human being, and no human is perfect, as innocent as an angel.
And I'm not sure what nearly nude picture you were talking about, but if you meant the pic with underwear she posted on littlemonsters forum then read more into it. She was encouraging people to be happy with themselves, to be themselves and to love themselves. As far as I've seen, she's far more inspiring & more real than many celebs who partying, smoking, drinking, is all they do.
And criticize her DREAMS ?? C'mon man. Who are we to criticize what others believes in?
IMO, she's the biggest artist of the decade. And I'm excited for her new album & her live tour.

Errr...I never criticized her dreams. I said in the very beginning that she's a talented artist and I still think she is. Look, she can fight her way to the top all she wants, I used to support her too, but she's become so pretentious lately it's becoming a turn off.
Yes, Born This Way did sell millions of copies. It was also on sale for 99 cents on the first week of the release. Regardless, the rest of sales are good, I'm not denying that, but it wasn't half as good as the Fame or the Fame Monster and it certainly wasn't the 'album of the decade' that Gaga claimed it would be.
I don't paint her out as an angel nor do I want her to be one and I'm glad she's public with her personal struggles, but with all her recent claims, I'm wondering: is she really honest? She was bullied. OK. She was an outcast. OK. She had Illuminati dreams/rituals. OK. She has lupus. OK. She suffered from bulimia and anorexia in the past (claimed after fat photos surfaced). OK ? I'm pretty sure there is more. Like, what else is she gonna tell us to further her career and get attention?
Also, you say that Gaga is more inspiring than those who party, smoke and drink. I could pull up some photos of her partying and having 'fun times' with another chick, smoking (WEED) on stage and pics of her drinking. Obviously she's done some good things like promotiong self acceptance and whatnot, but IMO she's a bit over the top..
I used to think she was gonna be the artist of the decade too, but she seems to be alienating away her fans and going downhill fast ...
I don't hate her or anything, but she's becoming too much of a try hard like Nicki Minaj

Edited by MrP, 31 October 2012 - 06:20 PM.

#7 yunapolaris

yunapolaris

I'm here because

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,833 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 08:59 PM

Errr...I never criticized her dreams. I said in the very beginning that she's a talented artist and I still think she is. Look, she can fight her way to the top all she wants, I used to support her too, but she's become so pretentious lately it's becoming a turn off.
Yes, Born This Way did sell millions of copies. It was also on sale for 99 cents on the first week of the release. Regardless, the rest of sales are good, I'm not denying that, but it wasn't half as good as the Fame or the Fame Monster and it certainly wasn't the 'album of the decade' that Gaga claimed it would be.
I don't paint her out as an angel nor do I want her to be one and I'm glad she's public with her personal struggles, but with all her recent claims, I'm wondering: is she really honest? She was bullied. OK. She was an outcast. OK. She had Illuminati dreams/rituals. OK. She has lupus. OK. She suffered from bulimia and anorexia in the past (claimed after fat photos surfaced). OK ? I'm pretty sure there is more. Like, what else is she gonna tell us to further her career and get attention?
Also, you say that Gaga is more inspiring than those who party, smoke and drink. I could pull up some photos of her partying and having 'fun times' with another chick, smoking (WEED) on stage and pics of her drinking. Obviously she's done some good things like promotiong self acceptance and whatnot, but IMO she's a bit over the top..
I used to think she was gonna be the artist of the decade too, but she seems to be alienating away her fans and going downhill fast ...
I don't hate her or anything, but she's becoming too much of a try hard like Nicki Minaj

\
That's Lady Gaga for you. Have you forgetten how and what brought her name into this industry of entertainment? Attention. I'm glad that you asked the question "what else she's gonna tell us.." . That's what she's always been doing in her whole controversial career. Like, if you wanna find out, just stick around and you'll see. That's the vibe she wants to give people. And that's how after Madonna , she is the icon of attention and controversy.
That's jut the way she is, or the way she was built . Like it or not, it's not gonna change. Yo don't change the way you are, no matter what, do you?
People around her are divided into 3 groups: 1- fans , 2- anti-fans , and People in between.
And how is it that she is falling if she continuously stay with what she is? You got attention, you got new album coming, You got a live tour going around US and the world. So where is she falling down to??
I don't think it's fair to say she's falling because what she's doing is not what you're interested to see. It's not that I'm saying you're wrong or anything.
Also, people partying , I mean who doesn't ? But what matters is that whether it's the ONLY thing you do. She's partying but that's not the only thing you find her do, not like some others.
You think she's a bit over the top. I respectfully disagree :)

#8 hinachan

hinachan

Spending too much time online ^_^

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,467 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 12:27 PM

Yes, Born This Way did sell millions of copies. It was also on sale for 99 cents on the first week of the release.

That's what's known as a good marketing strategy. Lee Soo Man should be taking notes.

Regardless, the rest of sales are good, I'm not denying that, but it wasn't half as good as the Fame or the Fame Monster and it certainly wasn't the 'album of the decade' that Gaga claimed it would be.

This album was better than the first two, in that it tackled subjects beyond partying and wanting to be rich. Gaga elevated people's expectations too high with her remarks, but "Born This Way" was no flop, by any means.

All interviews have one purpose: To further an artist's career and get them noticed. Why should Lady Gaga be any different? You seem to have unrealistically high expectations for her, which is setting yourself up for disappointment.

Obviously she's done some good things like promotiong self acceptance and whatnot, but IMO she's a bit over the top..

She's been over the top since the beginning, LOL.

Alienating who? You? She has nearly 31 million followers on Twitter, alone. She doesn't have a new album out yet, so she's not going to be selling huge numbers of albums at the moment--nobody does, between albums. Here's how you'll know when Lady Gaga is fading into obscurity: When she releases a new album, and very few people care.

#9 superlita

superlita

My girlfriend just dumped me. -_-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 01:13 PM

Eh, I sort of enjoyed her past albums. However, from the "Born This Way" Era I only found myself listening to an unofficial version of "Government Hooker" and "Marry the Night". She seems like a genuinely nice person based off most of the interviews I've seen of her, but in others she can come off as a borderline cuty e.g. David Letterman or Jimmy Kimmel interviews. I'm pretty conservative and her antics on stage and in front of cameras are off putting, so although I do like some of her music I wouldn't call myself a fan– sometimes I find myself groaning whenever the topic of lady gaga is brought up.... just... I don't even.

#10 Scuz

Scuz

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,686 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 04:05 AM

I love Lady Gaga. I've bought her albums, I went to her Monster ball tour, and I love watching her videos and live performances and I love every song by her. But.. thats not the only reason I love her. Yeah, she makes awesome and, in my opinion, meaningful music. But I also love her because of her honesty and the messages she sends out to the world, that you must believe in yourself and believe that you are good enough and beautiful just the way you are. When Lady Gaga came out with her anorexia and bulimia struggles I was so inspired. This meant so much for me, because I myself have been struggling with eating disorders for over ten years. And to see that she had the courage to come out and even decided to work with encourageing other people with eating disorders to find a healthy life, that was amazing and because of her and other people who joined her little monsters forum I got stronger. She made my road to a better life a bit easier, and "a bit" means a lot to me

Lady Gaga is the artist of the decade in my opinion and she will be famous for a long long time, because she does not only make incredible music, she also tries to connect with other people and help those who need courage find it. She´s being honest and herself. Even though she sometimes makes musicvideos which some people think are too much, there is always a good message behind it.

#11 yunapolaris

yunapolaris

I'm here because

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,833 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:41 AM

I love Lady Gaga. I've bought her albums, I went to her Monster ball tour, and I love watching her videos and live performances and I love every song by her. But.. thats not the only reason I love her. Yeah, she makes awesome and, in my opinion, meaningful music. But I also love her because of her honesty and the messages she sends out to the world, that you must believe in yourself and believe that you are good enough and beautiful just the way you are. When Lady Gaga came out with her anorexia and bulimia struggles I was so inspired. This meant so much for me, because I myself have been struggling with eating disorders for over ten years. And to see that she had the courage to come out and even decided to work with encourageing other people with eating disorders to find a healthy life, that was amazing and because of her and other people who joined her little monsters forum I got stronger. She made my road to a better life a bit easier, and "a bit" means a lot to me

Lady Gaga is the artist of the decade in my opinion and she will be famous for a long long time, because she does not only make incredible music, she also tries to connect with other people and help those who need courage find it. She´s being honest and herself. Even though she sometimes makes musicvideos which some people think are too much, there is always a good message behind it.

This was exactly what I was trying to say in my previous post :)
I have a lot of respect for Lady Gaga. She don't follow the spotlight, she creates it.

#12 Scuz

Scuz

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,686 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:23 AM

This was exactly what I was trying to say in my previous post :)
I have a lot of respect for Lady Gaga. She don't follow the spotlight, she creates it.

Me too! :) I agree, she creates the spotlight! I love Lady Gaga because she's going her own way, making her own rules and being herself, that's a true artist! And that is also how I feel about BoA, she has always been different, herself and she always go her own way wether people like it or not! And that's what makes them famous and icons who will always be remembered!

Edited by Scuz, 04 November 2012 - 09:26 AM.

#13 a_chan

a_chan

I can't get BoA off my mind!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 907 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:11 PM

I cant really stand the woman, personally. Everything she does is just so overwrought and stylised beyond belief. The saying less is more means nothing to her. Shes no great lyricist either and i dont find her songs to be any more meaningful than any other pop start's tbh. She puts out awfully pretentious visuals as well. Though I'm not aure if they are truly pretentious or if i just think they arebecause her fans go around acting like those who dislike her only feel that way because they cannot appreciate the supposed complexity of her artistic vision.

But i cant deny shes one of the top stars today. Sure Born This Way didnt live up to expectation, which was kind of her own fault. No one should ever go on and on about how their album is going to be the album of the decade. Especially since the decade just began. But You and I was a huge hit and Born This Way was number 1 for like 6 weeks or something. And her world tour is pulling in great crowds so she is not flopping at all. The press around Artpop may not be huge now, but she gets ridiculous amounts of press coverage so expect to hear more soon. She's not slowing down. The only real threats she has are Adele, Taylor Swift and Katy Perry.

#14 iDenntity

iDenntity

I'm an official BoA fan!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 07:44 PM

I personally respect her for her music and how far she has come. I think its too early to say that she's falling fast. She's in the midst of album production and she's doing a world tour.

#15 mrsmushroomlee

mrsmushroomlee

I'm an official BoA fan!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 11:30 AM

Not a fan. I used to like her, but I started to dislike her songs and videos that were released after Bad Romance. I don't think she's amazing. I just think she's good and very creative. Though this is very relative. After all people don't like the same things. But I definitely think her career had better moments. She came to Brazil recently and her concert was not as big as people thought it would be. I was one of the people who thought the concert was going to be sold out. But what really happened: the tickets weren't selling, so when the date of the concert was close they decided to sell one ticket and give the buyer another one, totally free. So I kind of agree... She's not as big as she was compared to the phenomenon she was before. NOT BASHING OR SAYING SHE DOESN'T HAVE FANS. Of course I know there are a lot of people that still like her and have her as their favorite singer and/or artist. I'm just saying what I noticed and think. Like I said, people don't like the same things. I dislike her as a singer and artist. That doesn't mean anyone needs to agree.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users