18 replies to this topic

#16 hinachan

hinachan

Spending too much time online ^_^

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,467 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 12:33 AM

I cant really stand the woman, personally. Everything she does is just so overwrought and stylised beyond belief. The saying less is more means nothing to her.

And why should it? There's nothing to gain by being boring. The fact that "less is more" is an old saying is proof that that is an over-used idiom, followed by dull traditionalists. Gaga is neither. That's what makes her so much fun to watch. :)

#17 a_chan

a_chan

I can't get BoA off my mind!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 907 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 05:37 AM

And why should it? There's nothing to gain by being boring. The fact that "less is more" is an old saying is proof that that is an over-used idiom, followed by dull traditionalists. Gaga is neither. That's what makes her so much fun to watch. :)

Taylor Swift and Adele's sales and popularity beg to differ on the nothing to be gained in a less is more approach argument. Doing less does not make you dull unless you are dull. Much like how doing more doesn't really make you any more interesting when your message is really just the same thing as everyone else (Born This Way = Raise Your Glass = Firework = Who Says? = song by now irrelevant lead singer from marginally relevant Pete Wentz's old band etc.)

As for being fun to watch... To each their own. She certainly isn't dull...
  • MrP likes this

#18 Roly Poly

Roly Poly

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:35 PM

I don't hear about her as much anymore, but maybe that is because she is writing a new album. I was AMAZED when a friend and me were in a store when "You and I" came on and my friend asked me, "Did you know this song is by Lady Gaga?" My jaw dropped open! I was SOOOO impressed! I had been wondering who sung the song, thinking it was a country singer. For her to be able to shift from electro-pop to something a 'lil country...AMAZING. THAT'S talent right there. I also recently discovered "Edge of Glory" and had been really liking her unreleased song "No Way" for a long time, which actually sounds like a Euro-trance type of song. I think her music style shifting is amazing, and I hope to hear more from her, although...I am not a big fan of her electro-pop songs.

#19 MrP

MrP

I'm an official BoA fan!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 10:12 AM

Woah. I made this topic back in 2012. How times have changed!

Edited by MrP, 18 December 2014 - 10:29 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users