7 replies to this topic

#1 usako

usako

My girlfriend just dumped me. -_-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 06:44 PM

can someone translate this vid? what she said exactly?

can we discuss here..sounds so interesting...

Edited by usako, 12 November 2012 - 06:47 PM.

#2 iDenntity

iDenntity

I'm an official BoA fan!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 07:32 PM

very unclassy: he/she can say whatever opinion he/she wants to say... but having to tell them to leave Japan if they don't like Japan is totally wrong and VERY unprofessional.

First I am very offended as a Korean American by what that person had to say. But I am also offended as someone who loves Japan and has lived there for one year. This person is misrepresenting Japanese people and their perspective towards K-POP.

I can't stand ignorant people like him/her, makes me want to barf

Edited by iDenntity, 12 November 2012 - 07:41 PM.

#3 celbel

celbel

I can't get BoA off my mind!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 08:53 PM

^ What exactly is he/she saying??

#4 JustinPerky

JustinPerky

My girlfriend just dumped me. -_-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,405 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 09:41 PM

I'm not even sure whether the person is a girl or a boy.
I feel bad for Se7en sitting there. I bet he must feel so angry and frustrated.

#5 t3_tien

t3_tien

I'm an official BoA fan!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:08 AM

This happened when our dear BoA left Japan LOLz
Just kidding :P

That person have a body/face of a woman but the voice of a man o.O WOW

#6 miwako

miwako

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 540 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 11:51 AM

^ What exactly is he/she saying??

During the discussion, Matsuko Deluxe said, "I cannot accept this. In my opinion, K-POP is only a bad imitation of U.S. music." A Korean-Japanese writer, who was also a guest on the show answered, "Lately, K-Pop has landed even in the U.S. music market. K-Pop is getting highly ranked even on the Billboard charts. However, J-Pop was not able to reach the same level."

Matsuko Deluxe got angrier and with a louder voice commented, "Japan is embracing different cultures from all over the world including K-Pop. Where do you find such a kindhearted country!? If you do not like our country, just leave!
"
CR: soompi.com

I'm not even sure whether the person is a girl or a boy.
I feel bad for Se7en sitting there. I bet he must feel so angry and frustrated.

And Matsuko Deluxe is a dude but he wears womens clothing. I've only really seen him when he guest stars on Gaki No Tsukai (is actually kind of funny)

"Matsuko Deluxe was an editor for a gay magazine called the "Body" before he became a columnist and some sort of a television personality.

According to my unreliable resource, Deluxe does not dress as a woman outside of television appearances. It is a character he created for the show. Because of his size, all of the wardrobes are custom made by him. And he proudly claims that the clothing material he uses can cover a 25-meter swimming pool. Awesome."

CR: shibatabread.com

Edited by miwako, 13 November 2012 - 11:57 AM.

#7 hinachan

hinachan

I miss my mom so much....

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,472 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:22 PM

What a jerk. Let's face it, with the exception of Europop (which is influenced by American music and traditional European music), ALL pop/rock music worldwide is imitating American music. It's bad enough he's spewing xenophobic hatred, but does he have to do it with a lisp, besides? :lol:

I'm baffled as to how this guy hasn't died of a heart attack. How can he be that obese, and still be able to walk? He should spend less time hating and more time taking care of himself.

Edited by hinachan, 13 November 2012 - 08:28 PM.

#8 miwako

miwako

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 540 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 12:11 PM

What a jerk. Let's face it, with the exception of Europop (which is influenced by American music and traditional European music), ALL pop/rock music worldwide is imitating American music. It's bad enough he's spewing xenophobic hatred, but does he have to do it with a lisp, besides? :lol:

I'm baffled as to how this guy hasn't died of a heart attack. How can he be that obese, and still be able to walk? He should spend less time hating and more time taking care of himself.

Aw. come one don't be so harsh.
I actually read a couple more translations and apparently this all started because the guy in the doctor's coat was going off about how Kpop crafted its own distinct style in 2007 and how it was better than Jpop and because they had songs that made it on the billboard charts. (which really doesn't mean jack)

So, in all honesty I actually understand where Matsuko is coming from because to say that Kpop is so UNIQUE and SUPERIOR is pretty insulting. And I kind of agree with Matsuko in some aspects. And this is coming from a person that once used to love KPOP MORE than Jpop.

And I don't think Matsuko was being THAT serious. The audience was laughing so I don't think anyone really took it that seriously.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users