14 replies to this topic

#1 JustinPerky

JustinPerky

My girlfriend just dumped me. -_-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,392 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:36 AM

Are there anything that could be done to prevent those bots from spamming the forum? It's starting to get annoying.

#2 celbel

celbel

I can't get BoA off my mind!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:45 AM

I've seen some other forums that ask you to answer a question related to the artist that someone who was a fan would know, e.g. who is the leader of the group, when you sign up to be a member. This helps minimize spamming.. can't remember if boajjang does this already??

#3 yunapolaris

yunapolaris

I'm here because

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,833 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:54 PM

Are there anything that could be done to prevent those bots from spamming the forum? It's starting to get annoying.

We've been adding more onton the security questions to prevent robotic signing up, however if it's from human being, it's really difficult to prevent. The only way is to delete their posts & account manually- which we are trying out best to do as soon as we see them.
We are asking all of members to help to prevent these bots by reporting them immediately.

I've seen some other forums that ask you to answer a question related to the artist that someone who was a fan would know, e.g. who is the leader of the group, when you sign up to be a member. This helps minimize spamming.. can't remember if boajjang does this already??

We've done this already. That's why spam bots have got reduced by a lot. It was out of control before.

#4 Coolin

Coolin

BoAjjang Administrator

• BoAjjang Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,366 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 08:13 PM

I installed some new software that will hopefully block most of the spam bots. Let's hope this fixes it. :)

#5 superlita

superlita

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,132 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:50 PM

The board has been severely raped. ><;

#6 BoA_rocks_in_english

BoA_rocks_in_english

The Unbiased BoA Fan

• Members
  • 6,011 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:13 PM

Agreed, I think it's time to take the board down and clean up the mess...and maybe think about getting something more secure >.>

#7 kitzutsuita

kitzutsuita

I can't get BoA off my mind!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 780 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:21 PM

This isthe worst I've seen in awhile!

#8 wanderjunior~♪

wanderjunior~♪

/// 青空の下.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,122 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:22 PM

lol there's been like nonstop spamming since the morning ><

#9 Coreax

Coreax

I'm an official BoA fan!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 09:13 PM

There's gotta be something we can do. They just keep coming and coming... I'd love to take some affirmative action but I lack the capabilities haha. I know it'll be cleaned up eventually though, I have faith in the moderators.

#10 ~+-+Vanora+-+~

~+-+Vanora+-+~

I'm an official BoA fan!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:13 PM

Perhaps you can also try to block the emails spam bots use to sign up. Somehow spam bots uses the same email address provider which looks suspicious to me. :mellow:

#11 Neko-Kun

Neko-Kun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,818 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 08:23 AM

This is really annoying, but is really something that we or the moderators can do about this??

#12 Coolin

Coolin

BoAjjang Administrator

• BoAjjang Founder
  • 5,366 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:21 PM

I've just deleted all of the spam posts I can find.

We're trying the best we can at the moment. If you go to the bottom of the main forum page, you can see how many spammers our forum software has blocked already. We've blocked over 22,000 spammers since late November. Unfortunately, a few slip through the cracks. I've found that most of the spam comes from a small number of users, which makes it easier for us to figure out who the spammers are and delete their posts. We just need to delete all posts made by that user.

In the meantime, please use the report button to report the post or user profiles of the spammers you see. It helps the moderators figure out who the spammers are so we can suspend them and delete their posts.

#13 jiro_ejlr

jiro_ejlr

BoAファン永遠

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,154 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 07:54 AM

And they came back again.. they spamming again with these irritating pills and whatsoever.. T_T

#14 yunapolaris

yunapolaris

I'm here because

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,833 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 09:50 PM

And they came back again.. they spamming again with these irritating pills and whatsoever.. T_T

I've been taking care of it. I will block 'em as soon as I see them. Don't worry and please hit that 'Report' button when you see a spam.
Thanks.

#15 jiro_ejlr

jiro_ejlr

BoAファン永遠

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,154 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 10:25 PM

I've been taking care of it. I will block 'em as soon as I see them. Don't worry and please hit that 'Report' button when you see a spam.
Thanks.

copy that!!.. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users