Photo

How to get to the BoA concert if you're from the U.S.?

AND HAVE NEVER BEEN TO KOREA!

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 Roly Poly

Roly Poly

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 02:11 PM

Hello~!
Now that BoA's concert in Korea has been confirmed and a lot of people are excited about it, U.S. want-to-goers like me or others who only understand English are asking...HOW DO YOU EVEN GET A TICKET IF YOU DO NOT READ KOREAN!? The only website we were told to go to on the Facebook confirmation was Gmarket that is in all KOREAN!!!! NO!!!! I mean, what are the different price ranges for those tickets, even!? LET US KNOW AT LEAST!!!! >_< Also, for U.S. and English goers, what are tips that you would recommend for those who have never been to Korea and are planning to be there for just a few days (3-4) for the conert? Do they have English speakers at the airports to help you out? What about Taxis? What do you do with your U.S. money to buy stuff? I bet people who are planning to go would like and appreciate it very much if you could please post any of those info and any other helpful info on here. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE! >_< (And no, google translating the page does not do anything.)

Edited by Roly Poly, 11 December 2012 - 02:12 PM.

#2 abcfsk

abcfsk

mmm... BoA's cute

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:53 PM

I actually live in Korea at the time of the concert and very much want to buy a ticket but have no experience with Gmarket, so yeah, anyone with some experienced tips would be greatly appreciated.

#3 celbel

celbel

I can't get BoA off my mind!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 02:08 AM

Yes please someone, I'm from Australia and if I can find reasonable priced flights I'd consider going as well!

#4 kishill

kishill

My girlfriend just dumped me. -_-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,038 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:37 AM

its very hard to get tickets from gmarket. i've tried a few times when i was in korea. the korean fans are really fast. i seriously doubt an overseas net speed can beat theirs. so the best way is to get 2nd hand tickets. they will mark the tickets up according to the seats that they have. thats usually the case.

#5 Roly Poly

Roly Poly

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:28 AM

Yes, but how much are they, usually? Like, for the other events that you've seen them sell tickets for?

#6 yunapolaris

yunapolaris

I'm here because

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,833 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 12:01 PM

What do you do with your U.S. money to buy stuff?

You should exchange your USD to won at the airport before hand, that's what I did lat time I was there, a lot easier to buy stuff than USD.
English speakers are no everywhere, like on public transportation like buses. I think the best way is trying to find some friends/fans who can be your guide, otherwise it's gonna be a challenge for non-Korean speakers.
That's all I know :lol:. And I would love to know how to get concert tickets too (even thou for right now air tixs are ridiculously expensive since it's the beginning of the new year)

#7 kishill

kishill

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,038 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 04:13 PM

they resell tickets for every concert. i've bought a few like mozart musical by xiah junsu, smtown, bigbang's big show and so on. it depends on the seats. the front seats are usually marked up to at least 300USD for one. the back seats sometimes are sold at the original price.

most concerts do have like ajjussi selling illegal tickets at the concert ground itself. you can try your luck there if you really want to go but have no other ways. i don't know how much they sell it at the concert ground though.

Edited by kishill, 12 December 2012 - 04:14 PM.

#8 Roly Poly

Roly Poly

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:43 PM

How much were Big Bang tickets? I'm pretty sure those are equivalent to what BoA's ticket prices will be. So $300's was for a front row ticket? Do you know if a lot of people buy front row tickets? And what do you mean by "2nd hand" tickets? Do you mean tickets they buy and then sell online or the underground selling you talked about? Do they sell tickets they bought but can't go to anymore online?

Edited by Roly Poly, 13 December 2012 - 01:44 PM.

#9 kishill

kishill

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,038 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 07:52 PM

Some people buy just to sell so that they can earn. I call them 2nd hand or resell tickets. Roughly 300 guarantees a center view or a front section for big bang. Not a front row. Just a better section. Most people will want to buy 2 seats together, so those will be going for a higher price. And yes, alot of people sell the front section tickets and alot of them buy, some of the sellers will have it in auction style where the highest bidder wins.

payment method is usually by bank transfer and then they will mail the tickets out. Unless you happen to stay near them.

#10 AD08

AD08

mmm... BoA's cute

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:55 AM

Some people buy just to sell so that they can earn. I call them 2nd hand or resell tickets. Roughly 300 guarantees a center view or a front section for big bang. Not a front row. Just a better section. Most people will want to buy 2 seats together, so those will be going for a higher price. And yes, alot of people sell the front section tickets and alot of them buy, some of the sellers will have it in auction style where the highest bidder wins.

payment method is usually by bank transfer and then they will mail the tickets out. Unless you happen to stay near them.

Ticket price : Floor - 99,000KRW
Seat - 88,000KRW (All ticket prices include V.A.T.)

^isn't that at most around 100$ though?

#11 cathy_chen

cathy_chen

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 11:22 AM

mind you, the floor ticket is actually for the standing zone, so there's no such thing as front rows, ppl can just randomly push through to the front or stay at the back
but most ppl usually queue up overnight in order to get the best place to stand for the whole concert

as for how a english speaker travels korea, u have to expect that most koreans don't speak english or are very afraid to do so.
maybe you can jot down the places u wanna go and the food u wanna eat in korean beforehand and show what u want instead.

Edited by cathy_chen, 14 December 2012 - 11:27 AM.

#12 Roly Poly

Roly Poly

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 07:14 PM

Do you guys know if the actual front row seats are any good? Would it be better to be on the floor or in a first row seating? Also - PLEASE!!!! If anyone can help me to buy a ticket on the 20th on the website, PLEASE help me out. I will follow circled image directions if that has to be the case!

Plus, do you guys know if they will be selling the tickets on their English version of Gmarket? What is the likelihood that someone is going to sell really good tickets off of the website and are they usually trustworthy? PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE help me out. I am REALLY going to go if I can get my hands on a good ticket. I, as well as others who are planning to go, would GREATLY appreciate it.

#13 Roly Poly

Roly Poly

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 08:28 PM

Another question - where do you get these "second hand" tickets? Which websites?

If no way of buying, will someone at least be kind enough to get me a good front ticket? I promise I will pay you back with the utmost gratitude! Just PM me, if willing.

Edited by Roly Poly, 14 December 2012 - 08:35 PM.

#14 Roly Poly

Roly Poly

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 12:08 AM

Will Gmarket even accept my credit card? Also, my card is more of a debit credit card.

#15 kishill

kishill

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,038 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 04:11 AM

Ticket price : Floor - 99,000KRW
Seat - 88,000KRW (All ticket prices include V.A.T.)

^isn't that at most around 100$ though?

Thats the price for the tickets if you can get it when the ticket sales starts next thursday. if not you would probably be paying more than that for a resell ticket.

http://cafe.naver.com/joonggonara

i think this is the biggest website for resell stuff in korea. I bought most of the tickets here back then. But its all in korean.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users