Photo

[JP] BoA releases Jap. ver of Only One via Cappuccino today!

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#16 Roly Poly

Roly Poly

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:01 AM

BoA looks STUNNINGLY BEAUTIFUL! But the Japanese version is cringe worthy for me right now. I prefer the Korean version MUCH more! The Korean pronunciation is more accurate with the instrumentals of the song and flows/sounds MUCH better in my opinion. It just sounds right to me...the Japanese not so much.

#17 Nikki

Nikki

I can't get BoA off my mind!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 509 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:41 AM

But what does 'Cocktail' mean? A more creative way of saying 2-sided single?

I may have misunderstood my browser's auto-translation (which is very poor to begin with), but I think it's actually a drink that you can order at some bar -- a cocktail called "Only One."

I think the song works quite well in Japanese! Very pretty.

#18 OneLuv

OneLuv

I'm an official BoA fan!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:49 AM

I am really loving this Japanese version. I have always preferred her Japanese songs. Can't wait for the whole song and MV!!!!!

#19 2boamystar

2boamystar

Always be BoA's fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 06:52 PM

I really look forward to the Japanese MV. Can't wait to see her beautiful look in the MV :D

#20 usako

usako

My girlfriend just dumped me. -_-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 07:06 PM

World's First Downloading Songs in Cappucino Cups

Singer BoA will release a new single Only One on February 27, 2013 (the date of the scheduled shift prior releases). But there are unique from the release of the single

For the first time in Japan and the world, BoA will cooperate with Cafe in Japan and introduced a new song through a barcode that decorate on top of drink Cocktail or cappuccino. Smartphone users in Japan can order a drink, taking his code and can immediately listen to the song Only One.

Cooperation project entitled "Only One Cocktail".

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

cr: oricon
http://www.jepanghar...ad-lagu-di.html

*sorry i'm using google translate to translate from indonesian to english ><

EDIT:
BoA to release Japanese version of “Only One” in February

BoA will be making her comeback to the J-pop scene with the release of the Japanese version of her Korean single, “Only One“.

Ahead of the release, a special event was unveiled that allowed fans in Japan to listen a bit of the song. Oricon‘s homepage which states, “BoA will release her new single through QR codes that are on drinks”, and revealed that fans will soon be able to unlock the Japanese version of “Only One” from QR codes listed on various coffee and cocktail drinks.

Oricon continued, “This ‘Only One’ cocktail campaign began back in November and is currently available at five cafes across Tokyo. Up till now, the corresponding song was only the instrumental version and was revealed to be ‘Only One’ on the 11th and starting today, will be available to listen on special sites.”

As for the album itself, it will be dropping in stores in Japan on February 27th!

In other news, BoA will be holding her first solo concert since her debut at Seoul’s Olympic Hall on the 26th and 27th.

CR: http://www.allkpop.c...one-in-february

Edited by usako, 11 January 2013 - 08:39 PM.

#21 yunapolaris

yunapolaris

I'm here because

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,833 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:16 PM

That QR code thing is pretty nifty and a fun way to promote O.O

Ditto !! That's really cute :wub:

#22 Kwcty6888

Kwcty6888

My family just disowned me!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,355 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:04 PM

Hot damn, the pics look amazing! I love her hair with the reddish tint!

As for the song, I think it's on par with the Korean one. I liked the original a lot already haha, but this isn't bad. Some parts are a bit strange to me only because I'm used to the Korean though.

#23 Coreax

Coreax

I'm an official BoA fan!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:26 PM

Now for the ultimate question... Being a Japanese release, will we see this on the US iTunes Store? I really wanna buy it!!! Unfortunately, not a single Japanese song of hers exists in the store :(

#24 moonstarox

moonstarox

Jumping Since No. 1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,634 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 04:27 AM

Updated with english article, BoA's video message and translation.

#25 mrsmushroomlee

mrsmushroomlee

I'm an official BoA fan!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 07:13 AM

This song is so beautiful, I loved the Japanese version! I really hope BoA's fans from Japan like it too. It's a song that's so easy to relate that I think it will be well received by her fans and the Japanese people. Anyways, I would like a english version too. And God! The coffee thing is so cool! I never seen something like this before (which makes sense because this is the first time something like this happens LOL) and I could never even imagine it. This is so cool it makes me wanna live in Japan so I can download the song from the coffee XD Great way to promote the song. I'm pretty sure people will be curious about it. I am!

Edited by mrsmushroomlee, 12 January 2013 - 07:16 AM.

#26 flicker

flicker

Who's BoA?

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 05:58 PM

Cool way to promote the song! Can't wait to see her perform on Japanese music shows!

Actually, now that I think about it... She may not be able to as much b/c of Kpop Star? Sigh.

#27 Landwand

Landwand

I know BoA*

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 06:49 PM

Oh great! I can't listen to the sample without a Smart Phone. Wonderful. Just effing Wonderful.

Edited by Landwand, 12 January 2013 - 06:52 PM.

#28 Mashimaro-san

Mashimaro-san

VIVID

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,478 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 04:49 PM

Cool way to promote the song! Can't wait to see her perform on Japanese music shows!

Actually, now that I think about it... She may not be able to as much b/c of Kpop Star? Sigh.

If BoA don't perform it will flop horribly, just sayin'.

#29 BoA_rocks_in_english

BoA_rocks_in_english

The Unbiased BoA Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,011 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 10:01 PM

If BoA don't perform it will flop horribly, just sayin'.

''

Just like her last couple of Japanese singles, I don't see this doing any better.

#30 Mashimaro-san

Mashimaro-san

VIVID

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,478 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 07:39 AM

Now for the ultimate question... Being a Japanese release, will we see this on the US iTunes Store? I really wanna buy it!!! Unfortunately, not a single Japanese song of hers exists in the store :(

You'd have to order a physical copy or pirate it. Japanese music industry has no plans whatsoever to spread their music worldwide which makes it hard for international fans like myself. I mean there's a chance it won't even be on the Japanese iTunes because the main digital download place for Japan is mu-mo.net

Edited by Mashimaro-san, 14 January 2013 - 07:42 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users