VALENTI ???
JEWEL SONG ???
My prayer
MY NAME
ATLANTIS PRINCESS
Girls On Top

ALBUMS
Spoiler

why do you think that BoA hasn't got more chinese version songs?
do you think she should sing more songs in chinese?
which songs will you choose to make a chinese version?

Edited by Rika, 27 February 2013 - 05:20 AM.

#2 Ryoga

Ryoga

I can't get BoA off my mind!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 580 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 01:27 PM

woooow i didnt even know that atlantis princess got a chinese version O_O on which album is that? I have the taiwanese version of atlantis princess but it is not on it as far as i remember o_O This song always makes me happy.. wish she would perform this song one day again..

#3 keepsgettinbetter

keepsgettinbetter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 03:03 PM

I think a lot of label execs were wrong about the Chinese music industry. For many years a lot of labels felt as though China's music industry was going to be the next big market (which is why artists would record Chinese versions of their singles) but that hasn't really happened so I'm guessing they stopped bothering with it.

#4 Rika

Rika

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 414 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:39 AM

woooow i didnt even know that atlantis princess got a chinese version O_O on which album is that? I have the taiwanese version of atlantis princess but it is not on it as far as i remember o_O This song always makes me happy.. wish she would perform this song one day again..

actuially atlantis princess is one of most famous chinese songs of BoA in internet... I really like it as well...
I think it is cuz her chinese in that songs it's better than in the others one.

#5 Rika

Rika

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 414 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:43 AM

I think a lot of label execs were wrong about the Chinese music industry. For many years a lot of labels felt as though China's music industry was going to be the next big market (which is why artists would record Chinese versions of their singles) but that hasn't really happened so I'm guessing they stopped bothering with it.

yeah... I think you are right... and nowadays people still think about it, at least in europe, but they really don't like the idea, cuz most of the people don't understand chinese. however, it is happening the opposite with the jpop and kpop.
It's weird that china don't try to introduce their music in the world, like they are doing with other industries.
even thought if China is one day popular cuz the music industry, I think sment are ready to show their singers, some of them can speak chinese... if i'm not wrong the group EXO, have they songs in chinese...?

#6 yunapolaris

yunapolaris

I'm here because

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,833 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 05:14 AM

I mean BoA & SM did give China kinda a trial, but we all see how that ended up. I think the reasons that labels gave up on China:
1- The copyright infringement there is way too complicated to handle.
2- China has the most population on earth, therefore they don't really need to 'expand' their music to other countries, say, if only 1/4 of Chinese population buy Jay Chou's album, he would sell over 3 millions copies , 3 times more than BoA's sales in her peak all over the world.
China is a big market to conquer for any label company, but it's also the most challenging one. China's music market is just closed, they are too content with their music to accept any other music in different language.

Unfortunately, BoA doesn't sound good when she sings Chinese, imo. Hence, I'm kinda glad that she dropped China :P

#7 BoA_rocks_in_english

BoA_rocks_in_english

The Unbiased BoA Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,011 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 04:03 PM

Personally the only Chinese BoA songs I like are My Prayer, Sara and Atlantis Princess. I hope she stays away from that market and comes back to the USA.

#8 Rika

Rika

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 414 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 01:38 PM

I like the songs atlantis princess and my prayer,
I would like to hear in chinese any of their new songs

#9 ShiroiChanUK

ShiroiChanUK

My girlfriend just dumped me. -_-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:33 AM

There are 2 editions of the Overseas version of the Atlantis Princess album :) The one on the right is the one that comes with the Chinese version of Atlantis Princess :) The one on the left just comes with a VCD :)
Posted Image

Here's the Chinese version of Atlantis Princess :)

#10 Rika

Rika

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 414 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 06:28 AM

EXO are a South Korean-Chinese boy band produced by S.M. Entertainment. Formed in 2011 in SeoulExo comprises twelve members separated into two subgroups, Exo-K and Exo-M, performing music in Korean and Mandarin, respectively. 
Exo-M's version topped mainland Chinese music charts after only one day of release,

SOURCE: wikipedia

it seems clear what SMENT wanted to do with EXO band...
I think it's quite similar what sment did with BoA in Japan... and also tried in china but not so much... 

boa studying chinese (2005) girls on top album 

#11 moonrabbit

moonrabbit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 657 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 08:45 AM

I mean BoA & SM did give China kinda a trial, but we all see how that ended up. I think the reasons that labels gave up on China:
1- The copyright infringement there is way too complicated to handle.
2- China has the most population on earth, therefore they don't really need to 'expand' their music to other countries, say, if only 1/4 of Chinese population buy Jay Chou's album, he would sell over 3 millions copies , 3 times more than BoA's sales in her peak all over the world.
China is a big market to conquer for any label company, but it's also the most challenging one. China's music market is just closed, they are too content with their music to accept any other music in different language.

Unfortunately, BoA doesn't sound good when she sings Chinese, imo. Hence, I'm kinda glad that she dropped China :P

BoA doesn't sound good singing in Chinese because she's not confident in her Chinese and trying to pronounce everything correctly. If she actually soaked up the Chinese culture like she did with Japanese culture then she would sound better.

My mom doesn't understand BoA's Chinese when the Chinese version of "I'm Sorry" was playing on my laptop. I can't really tell because BoA's Chinese is Mandarin Chinese and my main language is Cantonese. Even as a Chinese person, I'm not interested in BoA singing anymore Chinese songs unless she tries harder at learning the language than just using China as another country to get more money.

BoA's style suits America more anyway.

Edited by YourSonnetMyLove, 17 April 2014 - 08:49 AM.

#12 Rika

Rika

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 414 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 10:30 AM

BoA doesn't sound good singing in Chinese because she's not confident in her Chinese and trying to pronounce everything correctly. If she actually soaked up the Chinese culture like she did with Japanese culture then she would sound better.

My mom doesn't understand BoA's Chinese when the Chinese version of "I'm Sorry" was playing on my laptop. I can't really tell because BoA's Chinese is Mandarin Chinese and my main language is Cantonese. Even as a Chinese person, I'm not interested in BoA singing anymore Chinese songs unless she tries harder at learning the language than just using China as another country to get more money.

BoA's style suits America more anyway.

I like your opinion... :))

#13 moonrabbit

moonrabbit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 657 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 11:32 AM

^^ Aww thanks! There's one more thing I have to add. SM isn't good at managing some of their Chinese artists i.e. Zhang Li Yin, Hankyung (formerly of Super Junior-M) or maybe I should say that they don't want to play by China's rules and wants to manage the artists on their own in a foreign country (which doesn't play the same rules as South Korea).

According to an article that I read, when Hankyung was still in SM Entertainment, Chinese companies would express an interest in using him in their ads and SM tried to negotiate Donghae or some other SJ member into their ads.

Edited by YourSonnetMyLove, 17 April 2014 - 11:38 AM.

#14 Rika

Rika

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 414 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 09:41 AM

^^ Aww thanks! There's one more thing I have to add. SM isn't good at managing some of their Chinese artists i.e. Zhang Li Yin, Hankyung (formerly of Super Junior-M) or maybe I should say that they don't want to play by China's rules and wants to manage the artists on their own in a foreign country (which doesn't play the same rules as South Korea).

According to an article that I read, when Hankyung was still in SM Entertainment, Chinese companies would express an interest in using him in their ads and SM tried to negotiate Donghae or some other SJ member into their ads.

interesting... but don't they have the same problem with japanese companies...??
maybe not... maybe chinese companies are more tough...
anyway if you release most of the korean artist are working in china since last year very often.. don't you think?
maybe it changes. that's the reason to make the EXO band.. in my oppinion...

#15 ShiroiChanUK

ShiroiChanUK

My girlfriend just dumped me. -_-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 01:27 AM

BoA宝儿 (中文版)

SONGS

VALENTI ???
JEWEL SONG ???

ALBUMS

Spoiler

why do you think that BoA hasn't got more chinese version songs?
do you think she should sing more songs in chinese?
which songs will you choose to make a chinese version?

These 2 songs don't have Chinese versions :) Also the only albums that were officially released in China were Atlantis Princess, My Name & Girls On Top/MOTO :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users