58 replies to this topic

#1 stufi105

stufi105

I'm an official BoA fan!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 08:19 AM

This is the english translation of the fan account written by the people that met BoA in Milano on May 7th. I'm not related to this people AT ALL I'm just translating. I love BoA and I'm an italian Jumping since 2003,I'm not like them.
Please note that this is obviously THEIR point of view not mine and I don't really think that things went like they said.
BoA fighting!

Ok, I'll explain just once how the things went with BoA on May 7th in Milano. Copy and paste anywhere you want because I just don't care. I was asked politely to write it down and I will try to explain myself briefly because this situation is ridiculous. I'm a fan of SM's artists and I followed BoA's career way before I got into Kpop. I'm not exactly a fan but I do listen to her songs occasionally. This doesn't mean that I have to explain myself about it,I said it just to be clear.
Andrea and I (@RyukiriYukiko) went to Duomo looking for BoA in the afternoon, we walked around for an hour or so and then we parted ways.While he was in the Duomo area, I was in the 'Galleria' and on my way out I saw BoA into the crowd. I texted Andrea telling him to come quickly to the Galleria, and I tried to shout BoA's name a couple times. She turned for a moment but she immediately walked away like nothing happened and she ignored me even when I told her I was a fan. Her friend waved her hand like she wanted to 'shoo' us away and they both laughed. Go on,tell me that she was nice! My friend Andrea just got there and BoA went inside Prada's. While she was inside Andrea took out his camera. When she came out of the store we approached her with a smile and we weren't taking photos YET because we wanted to ask her permission. We greeted her and said something like 'We are your italian fans' and she answered 'Yeah?' laughing and eyeing her friends. You could tell that her emotions were indifference and derision,when it comes to gestures and non verbal communication we are all the same. We were surprised by her reaction. I had a 'KpopItalia' hat in my purse and I showed it to her trying to say 'Do you know KpopIt..' but she didn't let me finish,she laughed. We tried to explain who we were and she cut us off again while her two friends kept laughing and she said her famous 'And so?' We didn't have the time to ask permission to take photos of her,when we were trying to do it her friend did that thing with her hand again to shoo us away and they kept laughing. We kept trying to talk to her but she didn't have any intention to give us attention and she walked away again laughing and saying 'Nah,nah'. She wasn't neither polite nor easygoing with us. It was then that Andrea took his camera and went to take photos while they were eyeing us from the bar. They laughed at us and then took a cab and got away. She didn't smile at us,she didn't greet us,she wasn't nice. She was acting like a b i t c h and I said and I'll keep saying that I'm not judging her career and I'm not saying that she's a monster. She was rude and even if you're BoA you have to be polite especially if you're overseas. She is a celebrity and when you are a celebrity you can't exactly pretend to have privacy. You call us stalkers but you're the same that like those stalkers' photos. Don't pretend to be moralists. BoA said that she was sorry in her tweet and I think that proves that she realized that she was rude. She probably saw all the rude mentions sent to her,she didn't like them and she tried to defend her public image. She's an idol afterall.

Edited by Cori, 14 May 2013 - 11:20 AM.

#2 Neko-Kun

Neko-Kun

My girlfriend just dumped me. -_-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,818 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 08:45 AM

At some point I think it's kinda normal... she went there for vacations and maybe she just wanted to be treated as "normal". But yes, I think she wasn't polite, and like you said, even if you are overseas, you have an image to take care of. Sometimes we do things without thinking of it, but what surprises me is that she isn't a newbie idol... she has "experience" managing this kind of situations. And her sorry tweet wasn't really of that, she just was puting some kind of excuse. I'm not a blind fan saying that she's perfect, she's just a human and she can get wrong too.

Edited by Neko-Kun, 11 May 2013 - 08:47 AM.

#3 Cori

Cori

Teh Hajiman Sexy Fail Kru's Ultimate BoA fan

• BoAjjang Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,304 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 08:50 AM

They made her sound like a plastic from 'Mean Girls'.
I don't understand how yelling across the way and expecting her to look then look away is that bad. What was she supposed to do? Wave? Asking her for permission to take photos is nice, but who is to say they actually did or were intending to.

I have been in this same situation. A group of my friends and I went to iHOP after SMTown LA 2010 (I think it was 2010...) and we ran into Jessica from SNSD/Girls Generation. She was eating at a booth and we didn't want to bother her while she was eating so we let her be. However, when she got up from her table, we did as well and talked to her in the lobby. We asked for her autograph and it WAS really awkward, as it should be, unfortunately. This is someone you think you know personally, but really, you don't. They know NOTHING about you. They don't know your intentions even if you say you're a fan. Some fans are crazy.

She could have said no, and I am pretty sure we would have understood. Granted, we might have been a little upset, but in the end they're just people. People that just have a different life of being in the public. BoA probably didn't appreciate the fact that they just waited outside a store for her and kept trying to approuch her. She's a very introverted person, sits at home by herself, watches movies with her dog, etc. Yes, she did have "friends" there but how many of them are friends or work friends? She isn't very social.

When I saw her in NYC at her MTViggy performance, in between takes of questions, she didn't talk with us, she talked with SuChin Pak a majority of the time because she knew her. We said small things to her and she conversed, but it usually went back to talking with SuChin which is fine.

#4 happy!

happy!

I'm an official BoA fan!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 08:54 AM

everyone's interpretation of actions are different. perhaps, im saying PERHAPS, BoA want to leave and she is embarrassed so she kept of laughing to get rid of those uneasiness and she thinks running away is better, maybe she didnt meant to be rude, but from the italian fan's perspective, he or she was expecting BoA to talk to him and take photos with them and when BoA kept on laughing, they felt she is humiliating them, really, who knows? people always made someone else feel sth they didnt intended to make them feel..so i guess, BoA really didnt intend to hurt their feelings....
but this is only my opinion, please dont say im being biased or anything, i just think everything is possible..

btw, BoA seems to be quite unhappy with those tweets she receieved, she even tweeted again about it just now.....and she usually dont reply to those tweets... =/

Edited by happy!, 11 May 2013 - 09:09 AM.

#5 stufi105

stufi105

I'm an official BoA fan!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 08:56 AM

Neko-kun you may be right but I honestly don't believe that this was her reaction or at least I think that it all may be only PARTIALLY true.And not because I think she's perfect but simply because as you said she isn't a newbie and it would be pretty stupid of her to act like this. Maybe she was uncomfortable and a little bit scared,they acted like sasaeng fans and harassed her on twitter when they got home.

#6 ha1212y

ha1212y

I can't get BoA off my mind!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 678 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 09:53 AM

I'am BoA fans, since 9 years ago, I still love her until today, but after read this thread suddenly I remembered something similar.
Before these Italian reports, I heard the similar case like this too. Its about 4-5 years ago when I read jpopmusic.com forum on BoA's thread.
There is a fans who also a member of that forums, they were asking for a photos / her signature in Japan, but she refuses with kind of bitchy attitudes towards the fans. That fans are really disappointed, they never believe BoA, their idols and their everything would do such things. I didn't believe it too that time.. But now here there are another similar evidence.
I think BoA need to fix these issues.. Because every person *mostly her fans* who face this experience will think BoA's smile and kindness on fans meeting, tv appearance or album promotions will become totally not natural..

#7 jonatanenergetic

jonatanenergetic

I'm an official BoA fan!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 11:08 AM

I think is really sad...if this happens to me, I think that I could die, because all the time and money, that I waste on her goes to hell. She's famous thanks to our support don't forget that! Is just a f**** photo nothing anormal! Come BoA , don't wanna lost your angelical image, or all of that is a bag of lies? =/

Edited by jonatanenergetic, 11 May 2013 - 11:10 AM.

#8 Neko-Kun

Neko-Kun

My girlfriend just dumped me. -_-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,818 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 11:17 AM

But now that I remember, a friend told me that he went to Peru for the SUJU concert, and he met them in the international airport. He was just following them like these italian fans, but they where in that kind of attitude. When he took his cam, Siwon turned and said "no please". He even have a video because he didn't knew that they would refuse to. Maybe they are told not to interact too much with the fans for they safety.

#9 stufi105

stufi105

I'm an official BoA fan!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 11:19 AM

I think that we shouldn't take this fan account too seriously. I mean,maybe she was a little cold with them but I think these 'fans' overreacted and maybe they misinterpreted her behaviour. Like user happy! wrote it's possible that she was laughing because she felt akward and not because she was laughing at them in a mean way. I don't think they're told to avoid interactions with fans but I do think that it depends on the celebrity's inner nature.

Edited by stufi105, 11 May 2013 - 11:22 AM.

#10 kudo

kudo

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 11:32 AM

Well, she's human after all. She's def better and nicer now compared to 2002/2003. I really think that if she's alone, she will treat them nicer. She might just be embarrassed in front of her friends. Who knows she might have a boyfriend with her and doesn't want any scandal out. Anyway, my take is she can be bitchy sometimes but nice at other time. I don't think she's that bad since she have a lot of friends. =)

#11 Starbolt

Starbolt

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 444 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 11:50 AM

I can imagine myself going to vacation and everywhere I go, "friends" are popping up while I just want some time for myself. Now that doesn't happen really often with me. But, BoA being a pop star with alot of fans popping up everywhere shes goes... I can sort-of imagine how she would feel.

I wanted to write some more, but I already got tired writing this. :blush:

Hope she enjoyed/is enjoying Italy. :wub:

#12 Sakurada

Sakurada

mmm... BoA's cute

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 12:34 PM

Think about it this way; BoA is told by her managers to be careful of what she says in public or else fans could get mad at her and whatnot. Also, she's told by her managers as well to not let people take pictures of her because, since she's famous, they could resell them to media for a lot of money and create rumors. And like Cori said, some fans are crazy and celebrities are very scared and don't know what to do sometimes.

It's true that people's attitudes could be interpreted differently for everyone. Think about this as well then; maybe she was drunk or high or something and she felt uneasy to speak in English to them or maybe the people she was with were "friends" recommended by her managers to hang out with while over there ( I saw some videos of making ofs that say that BoA doesn't really get to be with her friends and family often, but hangs out with the staff and tries to have fun with them ) or maybe since the dude started by yelling her name in public she felt scared tons of people would appear after that. Also, maybe every time she goes out, she's tired of getting harassed lol I don't know, it's hard for celebrities to go out like a normal person nowadays.

That's why, when I see a celebrity, I feel really nervous because sometimes, I want to go and say hi, but be quiet about it and then again, I don't even want to bother them because then it would probably attract attention. It depends on the person, I guess, some of them want to be treated like they were normal people and some of them are so tired and harassed throughout their career that they don't even want you to speak to them.

#13 tikaluph

tikaluph

ALL I WANT IS SOMETHING NEW

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,151 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 04:41 PM

the difference between me and those fans are EXPECTATION.
i know BoA is famous, but I never think that BoA should give fans treatment like gooddess.
She is human being and I really agree with what Cori said, she is not that social type like who can go around with anyone beside her.
I know as fan, we expect much for what treatments we should receive from popular artists, but don't raise that expectation much, you might disappoint.

#14 2boa4u

2boa4u

mmm... BoA's cute

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 05:28 PM

This could be something that an Antifan made up because I met BoA in LA and she was a sweet heart

#15 karuno

karuno

I'm an official BoA fan!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 05:28 PM

some of u mentioned that she posted a tweet in response..? it's all in Korean so can anyone translate? im kinda curious now

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users