Photo

BoA was working when she was sick or injured??

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Rika

Rika

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 414 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 03:29 PM

people were talking about how SM make to their singer overworking....
I know that boa worked in japan even when she was injured, there is a video in youtube about that (she injured her ankle), but she wanted to do it. but i really don't know until what point SM can force them to work....

what do you think?

even some fans talked about things like:

krystal n boa fainting, getting sick, taeyeon grabbed off stage, yunho poisoned with super glue

#2 jiro_ejlr

jiro_ejlr

BoAファン永遠

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,154 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 08:38 PM

this proves that they really work hard.. but yeah, it was so sad watching them like that.. especially to our beloved and precious BoA.. but i don't want to put blame on SME.. i think some artist/workers/employees are working really hard even though they have illness or sickness.. i guess they put in their mind these lines: "work hard towards to your dreams and goals".. another thing that these artist really work hard to make us happy and meet our expectations for their performance/s.. but nowadays, it seems that our BoA is doing some rest from time to time even though she has a very hectic schedules and tons of projects ahead.. go BoA fighting always!!.. no mater what happens, we will take care of you.. ~<3<3<3 ^_^

Edited by jiro_ejlr, 09 June 2013 - 08:40 PM.

#3 Kudaranai

Kudaranai

humany wumany

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,080 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 06:05 AM

It's really frustrating how some fans put their favorite artists on a pedestal at times. I mean, why does SM has to be the reason for everything that goes wrong? There are occasions where BoA was injured but insisted on performing because she didn't want to disappoint her fans.

There are plenty of pressures on the artists to perform, not just from their company but from the fans themselves. They don't want to cause the company any losses if their appearances were to be canceled and neither want to disappoint the fans who wanted to be there to see them. Thus, they choose to go on despite not being in their best conditions. Sometimes things turn out well, sometimes not. Say they fainted, all blames are suddenly on the company for not letting them rest. Then the company decides to let their artists rest, the fans are complaining that they're not releasing anything new and had thrown their beloved artists in a dungeon somewhere never to be seen.

It all comes down to the fact that you really can't please everyone.

#4 Mashimaro-san

Mashimaro-san

VIVID

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,478 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 09:30 AM

Yes artists they get injured and they still continue to perform. I appreciate that. But in all honesty if its an injury or an illness I really don't give a damn if they don't release anything for a year or a decade, get yourself healed and well rested before releasing anything.

Health is first. Everything else is not important when your health is on the line. If anything releasing non-stop while injured or sick is not going to help, not only are you putting your health on the line but also the quality of your work won't be as good.

But unfortunately some artists are put on rigorous contracts or commitments, while others are quite hardworking that they forget themselves... BoA herself does'n't seem to take breaks, she's always doing something, but being busy doesn't always mean having quality results... so be careful :D!

Edited by Mashimaro-san, 10 June 2013 - 09:31 AM.

#5 Rika

Rika

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 414 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 10:50 AM

Yes artists they get injured and they still continue to perform. I appreciate that. But in all honesty if its an injury or an illness I really don't give a damn if they don't release anything for a year or a decade, get yourself healed and well rested before releasing anything.

Health is first. Everything else is not important when your health is on the line. If anything releasing non-stop while injured or sick is not going to help, not only are you putting your health on the line but also the quality of your work won't be as good.

But unfortunately some artists are put on rigorous contracts or commitments, while others are quite hardworking that they forget themselves... BoA herself does'n't seem to take breaks, she's always doing something, but being busy doesn't always mean having quality results... so be careful :D!

I'm agree with you :)

#6 superlita

superlita

My girlfriend just dumped me. -_-

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,226 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 02:49 PM

I think Korean idols in general are severely over worked, maybe with the exception of YG. Recording hours for music and variety shows are ridiculous. The most recent controversy, that I can remember, was the Idol Olympics. Roughly, over 100 idols were "forced" to stay in the stadium for over 20 hours to record a 3-4 hour show.These shows are their only source of income (until they can land advertisement deals and what not) so it's important that they participate. As for SM, the video I'm linking is of Super Junior's former Chinese member Han Kyung. He discusses SM's human rights violations:

To summarize: he was ill, went to the ER and was given an iv drip to re-hydrate, the manager told him he was going to be late to an award ceremony and increased the influx speed and ripped it out of his arm before it was half-way done. As to whether or not his statement is true, I wouldn't doubt it. He left the group when they were at their prime with "Sorry, sorry".

#7 Rika

Rika

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 414 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 06:20 AM

but that have changed... isn't it.
i couldn't believe that sment havent changed the rights and behaviours of the company... it could cause several problems...
the netizens can talk a lot about that these days...

#8 bakal3xs

bakal3xs

I can't get BoA off my mind!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 847 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 06:24 AM

Actualy thats korean stuff. Most of job in korea they dont give a poop if u r sick. Except if u dying. If u sick or have personal problem u have to work.

#9 Rika

Rika

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 414 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 10:20 AM

Actualy thats korean stuff. Most of job in korea they dont give a poop if u r sick. Except if u dying. If u sick or have personal problem u have to work.

that is not only in korea, it happens in many countries... (for example in mine)
only if you have a prescription of a time of sick by your doctor you can leave or don't go to work for a few days...
and have a simple cold won't let you miss to go to work (it also depends the kind of work that you do)

that's why i started this post.. if you are an artist who has to sing o dance.. depending of the sickness you will miss or not...
but in the case of BoA, I think she chose to stay in the stage and stand the pain. 

#10 ShiroiChanUK

ShiroiChanUK

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 01:37 AM

No, that's the music industry in general.

I found this not too long ago. Due to the hardships of the music industry she'd thought about giving up more than once in the past and had to beg and plead until she got a break.

Edited by ShiroiChanUK, 24 April 2014 - 01:38 AM.

#11 bakal3xs

bakal3xs

I can't get BoA off my mind!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 847 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 03:24 AM

But believe me in korea there is so many worst than music industry stuff.
Thats why korea is the country with the most suicide.. too much pressure.
(Of course prescription when u sick then u can stay home otherwise no.. thats same almost everywhere). But korea then dont even do prescription. (I live in korea) When i got a big infection doctor didnt do any prescription.. i was lucky that my boss told me to stay home otherwise i had to work..

#12 ShiroiChanUK

ShiroiChanUK

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 08:48 PM

Are you serious? If you've just got a cold or something minor then sure you should work but if you have a serious infection you should be allowed to stay home and recover because not only are you not helping yourself by working instead of resting you're putting others at risk too. Luckily your boss let you stay off to recover :) It's no where near that bad here in the UK, in fact I think things need to be a bit more strict here. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users