10 replies to this topic

#1 Coolin

Coolin

BoAjjang Administrator

• BoAjjang Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,366 posts

Posted 16 May 2003 - 10:58 PM

02/14/03 (Tokyo, Japan) - 16-year-old Korean and Japanese music sensation, BoA (Kwon Boa) will be taking on a new challenge as a voice actress for TV animation series Asobotto Senki 59 that airs Tuesday nights on TV Tokyo. Although she is of Korean heritage, the trilingual star will be speaking Japanese in this voice role. This will be her debut as a seiyuu (Japanese voice actress) for Japanese animation.

In Asobotto Senki 59, BoA will be providing the voice for the character of Larry Marie, a young girl who dreams of becoming a racecar driver. In recent interviews, BoA talks about her experience quoting, "It was difficult to match the words with the mouth of the character. I also had to be careful about my accent, breathing, and other various things. I was very nervous."

Although many say BoA demonstrated extraordinary talent as a voice actress, she is now concentrating on her concert tour, which begins from March. She is also scheduled to tour in South Korean as well. BoA debuted on the Jpop scene in 2001 and broke records with her debut Jpop album Listen to My Heart. She also received a Japan Gold Award at the 2002 Japan Record Awards last December for her title track. Her latest album Valenti was released this past January and has already sold one million copies.

Although this is her first experience as a voice actress, BoA is not a stranger to Japanese animation. Her sixth single, Every Heart -Minna no Kimochi-, was featured as an ending theme song for the hit anime TV series Inu Yasha. Currently, BoA's song, Beside You -Boku o Yobu Koe- (featured on her Jewel Song CD single) is the opening theme song for Asobotto Senki 59. Her character will be featured on episode 21 of the series and is set to air on February 25, 2003.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Credits: AkaDot

#2 Jonnie

Jonnie

HP:

• BoAjjang Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,931 posts

Posted 17 May 2003 - 09:25 AM

Nice.... best combo! BoA + Cars! hahahahah!!!

Oh btw... damn akira took the vid home... grrr

Now i gotta get it from him, before i can convert it to mpeg or avi.

#3 shinhryu

shinhryu

BoA* KNIGHT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 18 May 2003 - 11:57 AM

alright i wanna ask if anyone have that anime..what video is it jon...and did any cap the pbs thing....

#4 sushi

sushi

boa luvs me

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 25 May 2003 - 09:17 PM

hey has neone watched that funni kdrama boa was in. she played the role of a bully. it was cute even tho she was so mean in it. neone kno waht that kdrama was called? forgot the name...

#5 Coolin

Coolin

BoAjjang Administrator

• BoAjjang Founder
  • 5,366 posts

Posted 25 May 2003 - 09:56 PM

Sushi, check this out: http://coolin.koolpl...act=ST&f=8&t=60

#6 sushi

sushi

boa luvs me

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 26 May 2003 - 02:20 PM

awww the link doenst work nemore :thumbsup: oh well

#7 Coolin

Coolin

BoAjjang Administrator

• BoAjjang Founder
  • 5,366 posts

Posted 26 May 2003 - 07:22 PM

Unfortunately, I don't have the file anymore...

I'm sure some nice people on the forums would happily send it. :thumbsup:

#8 shinhryu

shinhryu

BoA* KNIGHT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 26 May 2003 - 09:28 PM

hey i just finish watching an interview of boa play that character in that anime.....right now i'm seeing if i can get the file and i'll distribute it to you guyz .

#9 Coolin

Coolin

BoAjjang Administrator

• BoAjjang Founder
  • 5,366 posts

Posted 26 May 2003 - 10:53 PM

Thanks, that would be really appreciated! :thumbsup:

#10 Jr0x

Jr0x

I'm an official BoA fan!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 27 May 2003 - 01:23 AM

hmm .. shinhryu .. i would lk to have a copy of that .. kekez..

#11 shinhryu

shinhryu

BoA* KNIGHT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 27 May 2003 - 03:28 PM

yah u can get it it's in my xdcc server i'm a slow uploader if u don't mind the long wait its probably send in less than an hr or so...won't b 2 long wmv file is small and bad quality. but it's still ok.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users