7 replies to this topic

#1 mrsmushroomlee

mrsmushroomlee

I'm an official BoA fan!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 01:24 PM

First of all, no offence to any of her fans or her. I just think she kind of goes nowhere with her voice and it's like when I hear a song from her I feel like I heard most of her songs. Now don't get me wrong, I'm not bashing her or saying she doesn't have talent. She does have, I think so, I was a fan. But after a while, I felt like she wasn't giving me a lot of dynamics or showing different sides of her and her voice.
Anyways, I'm not just telling what I think. I wanna know how many of you really like her or could show me songs where she showed dynamic and a different side of her voice. If you have, please show me ^^
And what are the singers you feel the same way I feel with IU?

Remember I'm not here to bash and I'm not inviting anyone to do so. I only wanna know what people have to say about this subject. Singers that make you bored because they sing the same way most of the time.

Edited by mrsmushroomlee, 12 September 2016 - 09:44 PM.

#2 ItsKwonBoa

ItsKwonBoa

mmm... BoA's cute

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 12:44 AM

I need to be honest that I like some of her songs and she really does have talent but I also need to say that I agree with you somehow. She seems like she only sings that type of songs, she doesn't really dare to try out different types of song which show her ability even more. Her singing does seems monotonous, I need to agree. That's my opinion.

#3 iDenntity

iDenntity

I'm an official BoA fan!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 07:55 AM

Well I personally think that its probably her style that she sticks with. or rather, those songs show her individual color compared to other singers. And IU does sing other types of songs. If you see her cover songs, she covers other songs like GEE, Haru Haru, I need a girl with her own flavor.

if you have to say that she's monotonous; then other singers like Super Junior are much more monotonous (Sorry Sorry, Bonamana, Sexy Free Single). No offense to them.

#4 a_chan

a_chan

I can't get BoA off my mind!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 01:35 PM

Her singing is monotonous. But I think it has more to do with the nations little sister image that LOEN made for her than her actual abilities. Now that her image is not so squeaky clean thanks to her scandal she might be able to make bolder decisions with her music.

Right now she's a good vocalist and has shown at least some musical ability. But she is still young and has time to grow, which I'm excited about despite not being much of a fan.

#5 mrsmushroomlee

mrsmushroomlee

I'm an official BoA fan!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 02:46 PM

Well I personally think that its probably her style that she sticks with. or rather, those songs show her individual color compared to other singers. And IU does sing other types of songs. If you see her cover songs, she covers other songs like GEE, Haru Haru, I need a girl with her own flavor.

if you have to say that she's monotonous; then other singers like Super Junior are much more monotonous (Sorry Sorry, Bonamana, Sexy Free Single). No offense to them.

I agree, it is her individual color. She sounds different from most idol singers I know. But I just wish she sounded a bit different in her own songs. I mean, show me a different IU with the same essence but with a new interpretation. If that makes sense lol

Even though I like SJ, I do admit that they are kind of boring with their singing. I don't think so about Yesung, Kyuhyun or Ryewook (and even Donghae), but they do sing songs very in a very similar way. I guess it is because most of them isn't really focused on singing.
Oh yeah, and Han Geng is not included in the "boring singing" part of the group. If you ever hear his solo songs like his Geng Xin album I think you would be impressed by the different sides of voice he shows.

Her singing is monotonous. But I think it has more to do with the nations little sister image that LOEN made for her than her actual abilities. Now that her image is not so squeaky clean thanks to her scandal she might be able to make bolder decisions with her music.

Right now she's a good vocalist and has shown at least some musical ability. But she is still young and has time to grow, which I'm excited about despite not being much of a fan.

I never thought about the scandal this way. It might be an open door, who knows?

Edited by mrsmushroomlee, 24 July 2013 - 08:27 PM.

#6 ShiroiChanUK

ShiroiChanUK

Caddie In Training

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,231 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 07:15 AM

I agree, she's very talented but once you've heard one of her songs you've pretty much heard most of them. I'm actually really surprised that she isn't very musically diverse considering her attraction is that she's a singer, songwriter.

#7 moonrabbit

moonrabbit

I can't get BoA off my mind!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 648 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 11:17 AM

Now that you mention it, I was disappointed when one of her singles sounded exactly like Good Day. I was bummed at the time because I didn't like Good Day. Although, I like most of her songs.

#8 bunnyhopix

bunnyhopix

Who's BoA?

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 10:40 PM

now that u mention, at first her voice sound so magical and pure. But after a while of listening you realized that this angelic voice is really stable, there's lack of special spark in her vocal. i think it'll be better if she work on the words emphasis. theres' a good attraction in her voice. but it's not something u want to hear all day, and in every track i feel like.

Edited by bunnyhopix, 03 August 2013 - 10:42 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users