#1 Rhorewyn

Rhorewyn

I'm an official BoA fan!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 02:36 PM

Hi all,

Been awhile since I've posted here but I am looking to up my BoA cd collection and there's some reasonable prices on Amazon.co.jp for some albums and was wondering if anyone has any experience buying through the marketplace there? Do most of the sellers ship internationally? I've tried using Google Translate to do some research there but I can't seem to get a solid answer.

Thanks for any advice or tips :)

#2 yunapolaris

yunapolaris

I'm here because

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,833 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 10:58 PM

Amazon.co.jp mostly don't ship overseas, and in most case they don't accept international cards either, you also need to be resided in Japan to sign up.
Stuff from JP Amazon or Yahoo Auction can be very cool sometimes, however buying from Japan can be tricky if you don't live in Japan and don't speak Japanese. The best way I think is to buy from the buying service (they buy or bid on your behalf, then they will ship the item over) . Some service provider like JapanHomeMaker (Facebook) or buyee.jp . However, with all of the fees, the items will become really expensive, fee can be up to 50% of the price of the items.

For BoA cds or other Kpop Jpop cds, I still prefer Yesasia (helping BoAjjang too!) and Ebay ( choose sellers form Japan, Korea)

#3 ShiroiChanUK

ShiroiChanUK

My girlfriend just dumped me. -_-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,353 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 02:58 AM

Yesasia, HMV, eBay and JapanHomeMaker are the best options :)

JapanHomeMaker is the most expensive because of extra fees but they're a lot more reliable than most Japanese shopping agents and they can get you things that are fanclub exclusives :)
Yesasia is a little pricey but if you spend $40 you are eligable for free shipping :)
HMV is a little cheaper than Yesasia but there is a danger of being charged import tax :)
eBay is definitely the cheapest especially if you're looking for BoA's K-pop CD's :)

If you're looking for BoA's Japanese CD's I wouldn't recommend shopping at Yesasia or eBay as it's difficult to find the original Japanese press versions of her CD's on those sites :)

Edited by ShiroiChanUK, 16 August 2013 - 03:04 AM.

#4 jiro_ejlr

jiro_ejlr

BoAファン永遠

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,154 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 03:48 PM

Hi all,

Been awhile since I've posted here but I am looking to up my BoA cd collection and there's some reasonable prices on Amazon.co.jp for some albums and was wondering if anyone has any experience buying through the marketplace there? Do most of the sellers ship internationally? I've tried using Google Translate to do some research there but I can't seem to get a solid answer.

Thanks for any advice or tips :)

You should go to Amazon global site if you want to buy some Japanese and Korean albums of BoA straight from Japan and Korea, just choose the seller who lives in Japan and/or Korea.. I bought my BoA's Sweet Impact first press CD+DVD single at Amazon global site and I choose the seller from Japan.. Actually, I didn't expect for the first press edition, but i was shocked that I received that edition.. ahehehe.. ^_^

Yesasia is a little pricey but if you spend $40 you are eligable for free shipping :)

Since the YesAsia was celebrating their 15th Anniversary this year, you are eligible for free shipping if you spend $25 and above.. :)

Edited by jiro_ejlr, 17 August 2013 - 03:54 PM.

#5 yunapolaris

yunapolaris

I'm here because

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,833 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 01:25 AM

If you're looking for BoA's Japanese CD's I wouldn't recommend shopping at Yesasia or eBay as it's difficult to find the original Japanese press versions of her CD's on those sites :)

I find this inaccurate, at least for Yesasia. All of the version are listed, if you want Japanese ver. all you need to do is to choose the right ver. and hope that it's not out of stock :) . I purchased many Japanese ver. cds/dvds thru Yesasia.
Now with eBay, it's a little trickier cuz there's definitely dishonest seller out there, they can even sell you bootlegs. So my advice is that to look for seller from Japan or Korea with high rating, 99.5%, grapemusic is a good one.

#6 keepsgettinbetter

keepsgettinbetter

I can't get BoA off my mind!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 06:14 AM

You can sometimes find sellers on Amazon JP who will ship internationally, just search through the Marketplace page with Ctrl+F for '海外向け&国内向け発送料金' as this means they offer international shipping. For popular artists, such as BoA, there will most likely be a few sellers offering international shipping. I'm pretty sure you can use your normal Amazon account to log in as well.

Put the listing description (text on the left side of the listing) into Google Translate to get an idea about the condition of the item (if it has Obi, first press content, slip case, whether it is ex-rental or not etc). There are a lot of good deals on Amazon JP for international fans, finding them is the tricky part :thumbsup:

#7 Rhorewyn

Rhorewyn

I'm an official BoA fan!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 09:32 PM

Thanks for the tips guys; I do frequently use Yesasia and on occasion CDJ for mags and such but I'm trying to collect some of her older stuff without spending top dollar... A guy can dream I guess lol.

#8 ShiroiChanUK

ShiroiChanUK

My girlfriend just dumped me. -_-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,353 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 04:40 AM

Since the YesAsia was celebrating their 15th Anniversary this year, you are eligible for free shipping if you spend $25 and above.. :)

Oooh! Thank you for letting me know :) I'll definitely be taking advantage of this :lol:

I find this inaccurate, at least for Yesasia. All of the version are listed, if you want Japanese ver. all you need to do is to choose the right ver. and hope that it's not out of stock :) . I purchased many Japanese ver. cds/dvds thru Yesasia.

Sorry, I should've been more specific :) I was mostly refering to ablums. I like to get one of each edition and it's very difficult to find BoA's LE albums at Yesasia. Singles are fine though :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users