• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 07:05 PM

10155864_531406906980324_595807042094670

All PIC Here:

http://gall.dcinside...d=boa&no=624522

translate by: @noshadow31 

According to the interview, BoA herself asked Duane to change Aya from a Japanese to a Japanese-born Korean. O_O

BoA's delighted every time she did ad-lib. "Shut up" and "Are you flowering crazy?" is her doings. :P

Big Match filming until next month. Japanese album production after that. :)

BoA changed her mind! She prefers her freedom over being bound to a guy now! 

People around her said she needed to do romance movie soon b4 the tough image from Big Match sticks.

It's her last chance to be a 20-something lead in romance flick. (Korean age is 1-2 years older than the real age)

Q:Why don't u date? 

A: I think being "BoA" is too burdensome for guys.

Q:How about dating an entertainer/celeb? 

A:I also wonder why there're so few male celebs in Korea. I don't get to meet anyone!

I guess I have to look for a guy overseas. As long as they like Korean food, I'm open to foreigners. 

(kiss scene with Derek) We practiced kiss scenes during acting lessons b4 so I wasn't really nervous about the kiss but at location, there were many ppl on the street and even paparazzi! I remember we frantically filmed the (kiss) scene.

While filming in Toronto, BoA missed Chicken&Beer the most. (Koreans love having chicken with beer.)

"After the movie Big Match and new JP album, I think it'd be year end already. Korean new release would have to be next year."

10Y from now "I should be married by then. But looking from current circumstances, that'd be difficult to achieve."

"After taiko, tap dance, couple dance practices, I also had English pronunciation practice to do. This went on for months"

"I don't wanna get away with 'being Asian' excuse for lousy accents. So I've tried my best to learn English pronunciation."

BoA hates losing. She didn't want to feel inferior to native speakers on set

"Sorry for my lousy English. it should have been "I don't wanna get away with my lousy accent for being Asian."

"I don't wanna be treated differently just b/c I'm a star. I just do the best for my work everyday, go home, have meal with family, watch

drama, have chicken&beer with my brothers sometimes. *smile* there r a lot of up and downs in entertainment industry. things going

well now, bad at others. money coming in, and going out. I've learnt from young that minding each little detail would only hurt u.

BoA taught the "michin saeki" swearing word to Will Yun Lee. (It's his line in the movie.) (It means crazy sexy)

"Many have said there's not much diff between 20's and 30's but there's also a saying "Women' lives start at 30" so I'm looking fwd to it."

"I look fwd to building my filmography, as well as finding what kind of music I'd make in my 30's" ^^

"After shooting ended, Derek and I have exchanged a few emails. We've not contacted much but meeting again at the LA premier, we still feel close as if it was only yesterday that we filmed together."

"90% of the cast&crew were from LA so at the filming location in Toronto, away from home, everyone lived together like a family"

"Since the movie was shot 3 yrs ago, u'd be able to see chubby-faced BoA. Cheek fat disappeared as I aged"

After 10Y of my career, I started having a dilemma whether I should go on living as an entertainer.Then I reached an answer "Yes, I must"

"Now I'm satisfied with my life. I'm living positively, having a healthy body and healthy mind."

"Big Match's action director complimented me saying I fight well"

"I'd like it if MYM viewers like the performance in it(since it's a dance movie) and even better if they think derek and I've got chemistry"

==========================================================================================

ADDED NEW TRANSLATE:

English translations cr therlynn

Please take out with FULL and PROPER credits!!

http://boa0825.blogs...g.html?spref=tw

Interview Compilations (Ongoing)

"I felt very nervous standing on SBS 'KPOPSTAR' stage yesterday. I went there after my night filming (for movie 'Big Match') ended. Well nothing is easy. When working hard to meet the expectations of those around is also difficult, because I'm just at the beginning stage, starting out as an actress is difficult…."

"When I first saw the script, it was all in English. Although I worried about 'Can I do well?', but I agreed seeing the passion of the director who came personally all the way to Japan to cast me. As this was focused more on dance rather than acting, I felt a little more burdened." 

"The type of person who 'rather give it a shot than spending time hesitating', BoA watched dance movies like 'Flashdance'(1983) and 'Step Up'(2006) to prepare for the movie. I read the scenarios without a break, and was also absorbed into the character. As I got too absorbed, there was a danger of going off on a tangent so I had a thorough discussion with the director.

"Speaking in Korean, Japanese, English was easy", in the movie BoA's English proficiency was above expectations. Although she brushed it off saying "The toughest thing was to act in English", to the extent of being able to ad-lib in English she was able to blend in naturally in the movie.

"In the English script it ends with 'walk. arrive at destination. kiss'. While filming I got closer to Derek and I unconsciously said 'shut up'. If it is meant for an audience 13 years old and above in America, the word 'flowers' can only be used once. I also used that. In the script it was written as 'as if you're really angry' but I unconsciously said 'Are you flowering crazy?'. As compared to dancing, the dialogues were more difficult but I experienced the joy when there were ad-libs. I felt that parts with added ad-libs felt even more natural than the basic script."

While filming this movie, she learned not just English, but also drum performance and tap dance. Although she had to pick up many new stuff like this, she requested the director not to use her most powerful weapon 'singing ability'. She explained that "As my image as a singer is strong, I thought that it would give a bad influence to my character as Aya".

"If I changed Aya into a Korean, it would not be possible to have Taiko. It wasn't like I could change it to Nanta. As I felt it was a little inappropriate to appear as a Japanese since I am a singer who achieved success in Korea, I requested for an edit. So, even if it is a little complicating, it was changed to a Korean who was born in Japan."

BoA tried out what acting feels like in 'Make Your Move' and even starred in a drama, she is currently working with actor Lee Jung Jae to film 'Big Match'. 

"As a singer, although I had to work with back dancers, there were many parts that I had to work out on my own. On the contrary, there's a synergy effect when working on a drama as many actors and staff work hard towards one goal. To meet so many people and work with them was a brand new experience for me. I wish to work on more of such productions."

So, which genre is more difficult - as a singer or acting?

"I think it is more burdensome to be a singer. Maybe because I accumulated a lot, all the performances are difficult. Because people's expectation levels are high. On the contrary, I'm only just starting out as an actress. As there are stuff to learn, I find it is better."

After wrapping up movie filming next month, BoA has plans to start preparations for a new album. 

"I couldn't release any albums in Japan for a while. There were plans to work on a Japanese album release this year. I'm thinking of a musical direction that is in line with this generation. As I'm good at performance, I think it might be music that will bring out my performance."

However, the burden towards (creating) new music already weighs heavily on her mind. To present something brand new is never an easy task. 

"It is tough whenever I have to release an album. But this is the fate of professionals in this line. I wish to show the good side of me continuously as a singer, and also as an actress."

original article: http://news.naver.co...&aid=0006861443

“I first got the casting offer in 2009. It is said that the director created the character Aya with me in mind. Although it was the first time being the lead in a movie, I'm not switching over to become an actress. I'm will continue my role as a singer. Of course I'll keep pushing myself to the limits in acting as wel.”

“Even as a singer, there are still lots that I wish to do. To hold many concerts, and keep releasing music…. now my goal is not to rise to an even higher place. It is my dream to participate in activities that I can enjoy, and activities that will satisfy fans. Recently I've been really curious about this. ‘Till what age can I continue dancing(laughs).’”

original article: http://news.kukinews...008233350&cp=nv

During the interview that day, BoA talk about Yunho's appearance "I heard that U-Know Yunho was going to participate in the filming" and "Even though he was busy, he was going to just film and leave, I was so grateful". She also added with a smile "I didn't know that so many artists participated on the OST" and "I felt really grateful that everyone helped out even though they were busy".

She added that "I felt 15 years flew by like with a blink of the eye" and "Next year would mark 15 years since I debut".

"As I lived more than half my life as an entertainer, I feel that it is my life now. The feeling that my job is an entertainer?(laughs) There are indeed many hoobae singers. Although there is not much time to meet frequently as everyone is busy, I feel proud seeing each and every one working hard on their activities."

"As I received a call personally from CP of 'KPOPSTAR', I ran over after filming a movie ('Big Match'). After I retired from the programme, I tried hard to watch it even though it wasn't very often. As judge Yoo Hee Yeol was well received, I cheered him on. What a chance to sing with other contestants on the finale stage, without hesitation I participated. I felt happy hearing many people saying it was touching."

After retiring from 'KPOPSTAR', BoA's days remained busy. Looking back, "It was extremely busy". BoA said that "I had to film for the movie and released a single in Japan. I also went to the America for the movie premiere of 'Make Your Move'". 

"When I go to Japan or America, I still get confused over the method of counting age. I feel a little disadvantaged because my birthday falls later in the year.(laughs) When I asked many people (if there is any difference between the 20s and 30s), they say there is not much difference. Although when you are in your 10s, it seems extremely exciting to be in your 20s, it is said that the 30s are the golden period for females and so I'm thinking 'That may be true'."

"As I'm starting as an actress now, I wish to present a good side as an actress and slowly build up filmography. As a singer, I look forward to what kind of music I'll make when I turn 30. Just as I presented an innocent and hard working side in my 10s and 20s, of course I wish to present a totally brand new side."

original article: http://joynews.inews...l=815901&rrf=nv

Edited by usako, 20 April 2014 - 11:59 PM.

#2 bakal3xs

bakal3xs

I can't get BoA off my mind!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 847 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 07:55 PM

Thx for this. Just for michik seaki its not crazy sexy but more like crazy sexy lol

#3 moonrabbit

moonrabbit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 656 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 09:08 PM

Thanks for the interview translation. I'm glad that BoA is happy about being an entertainer. I would miss her so much if she had really quit and went back to college.

#4 2boamystar

2boamystar

Always be BoA's fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 10:51 PM

Oh, BoA will continue her career for a long time, based on what she said

#5 Rika

Rika

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 414 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 02:35 AM

I think she is doing well.. doesn't matter her age
I think she is appreciate in korea and in the rest of the world becaouse her long career experience

#6 Roly Poly

Roly Poly

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 05:39 AM

I'm glad BoA changed her mind about wanting a guy. She seemed kind of lonely not having anyone for a while there. I kind of knew that her career would continue on for longer...she is still very relevant and I think always will be. No one can beat her. Especially after such great success as a mentor on Kpop Star. I really want her to go back!!!!!! I hope she does so I can get my weekly BoA feed. -_-

#7 MOTOWAYohsixfive

MOTOWAYohsixfive

My girlfriend just dumped me. -_-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,960 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 07:11 AM

I think she's pursuing acting more and more now because she, too, knows that the music world in Korea is very different from the American music industry. There are plenty of "older" artists in America who are still very popular and relevant, but it's much more difficult in Korea where there are pre-teens and teens debuting every day. I won't even speak about Japan because she hasn't been relevant there since 2008.

#8 usako

usako

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 11:09 PM

ADDED new translating interview:

BoA: "I would like to finish my life as a voluntary service which needs continuous tenacity like planting trees in the Gobi Dessert for reducing yellow dust n fine dust"

http://www.twitlonge.../show/n_1s1e7tq

#9 rahe

rahe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 07:24 PM

Big Match filming until next month. Japanese album production after that. 

Uuuuuuugh
BoA please give up those floppy movies and try to rise your singing career back!

#10 usako

usako

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 11:58 PM

Uuuuuuugh
BoA please give up those floppy movies and try to rise your singing career back!

floppy? oh plz... :bash:

======================================================================================================================

ADDED NEW translate 

#11 moonrabbit

moonrabbit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 656 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 07:42 AM

Uuuuuuugh

BoA is just expanding her horizons. It's not like she's bad at acting either.

#12 rahe

rahe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 05:19 PM

BoA is just expanding her horizons. It's not like she's bad at acting either.

I can't say anything bad about her acting either but I think it's just too late to expand her horizons. She isn't that popular anymore and the acting market is also saturated...

#13 superlita

superlita

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,225 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 06:40 PM

^Why is it too late? BoA's only 27, if anything, now's the time to expand her horizons. I'm still iffy about her acting career but I'll support her nonetheless and will wish her success in her endeavors. Whether she succeeds or not, as fans we should support her.

After doing strictly music for more than a decade with insane schedules, she's bound to burn out. Acting is just another means for inspiration and growth towards her music and overall career.

#14 2boamystar

2boamystar

Always be BoA's fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 11:01 PM

^ I like your comment! 

BoA as a person is inspired to try out other things too. Yes, we understand that you want her music, but BoA needs to explore her own self, and she has the right to do what she likes. And did you read that, she will release a Japanese album soon, so you will get her music :) We will all support her no matter what :)

#15 ShiroiChanUK

ShiroiChanUK

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 01:07 AM

ADDED new translating interview:

BoA: "I would like to finish my life as a voluntary service which needs continuous tenacity like planting trees in the Gobi Dessert for reducing yellow dust n fine dust"

http://www.twitlonge.../show/n_1s1e7tq

That's fantastic, she's such a wonderful person <3

Uuuuuuugh

I'd wait until you see the movie before you go making comments like that. So far BoA has only acted in bit parts, a 2 part drama that ran for only about 2 1/2 hours in total and a movie in a language that she still isn't fluent in so it's understandable why her acting isn't spectacular but after the experience she's had with these roles I'm sure she would've improved a considerable amount.

I can't say anything bad about her acting either but I think it's just too late to expand her horizons. She isn't that popular anymore and the acting market is also saturated...

I wouldn't say that, the majority of the most successful actors and actresses are older than BoA and are still going strong.

Edited by ShiroiChanUK, 24 April 2014 - 01:08 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users