6 replies to this topic

#1 Rika

Rika

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 414 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 06:49 AM

hi, everyody knows who multilingual is BoA... but how many language have you heard her speak or write??

If BoA'd learnt a new language, which language do you think she should learn?/ or you would like she to learn?

the official languages which she can communicate are:
- korean (native)
- japanese (fluent)
- english (...)
- chinese (intermediate ??)

but she also knows about other languages such as:

spanish

- french 

VIDEOS

french

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxJ1rILEAAU
in the minute 5:49 she speaks a little french

SPANISH

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbJ5TjtlkHk

in the minute 5:34 she starts to give her greets in spanish!!

Edited by Rika, 19 April 2014 - 04:09 AM.

#2 hinachan

hinachan

I miss my mom so much....

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,472 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 05:46 PM

Um...LOL, BoA's not fluent in English. In very recent interviews, she says that the hardest part of filming "Make Your Move" was having to speak English. She had to translate the script, just to understand the dialogue. And even in that interview, her English was very halting, with several glaring grammatical errors.

BoA can carry on a casual, superficial English conversation, but she would have to study for years before becoming fluent. :)

#3 ShiroiChanUK

ShiroiChanUK

My girlfriend just dumped me. -_-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 01:18 AM

Her Korean is spot on (obviously :lol:) and so is her Japanese although she did struggle a little in interviews when she went back to Japan to promote Only One because she hadn't been active there for so long. She's not fluent in English but her English is very good, especially considering the little time she's spent on English projects. She makes a couple of mistakes here and there but nothing bad. As for her Chinese I'd say BoA is definitely a beginner. Chinese fans have often commented on her lack of Chinese skills in the past especially when it comes to her accent. I don't speak chinese myself but even I could tell you her pronunciation is bad. 

Edited by ShiroiChanUK, 24 April 2014 - 01:19 AM.

#4 mrsmushroomlee

mrsmushroomlee

I'm an official BoA fan!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 03:35 PM

For me it would be nice for her to learn portuguese LOOL but I'm realist. I know she won't. But I'm happy with her English because it's good enough for me to talk to her (something that's kind of hard to happen but you know, let a girl dream). But yeah her Japanese is good, her English is okay and I have no idea about her Chinese.

#5 moonrabbit

moonrabbit

I can't get BoA off my mind!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 657 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 04:07 PM

Her Chinese is just beginner. I think the only thing I can understand from her is "I am BoA" from when she had that interview with Show Luo. At least I think that was Show Luo. It's kinda like when I'm trying to speak Japanese but I really repeat the general phrases from Japanese 101 videos or learn from watching anime in Japanese. Plus, my mom doesn't understand what BoA's singing when she heard her sing "I'm Sorry" and my mom knows Cantonese, Mandarin and Vietnamese.

Edited by YourSonnetMyLove, 25 April 2014 - 04:13 PM.

#6 mrsmushroomlee

mrsmushroomlee

I'm an official BoA fan!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 04:42 PM

Her Chinese is just beginner. I think the only thing I can understand from her is "I am BoA" from when she had that interview with Show Luo. At least I think that was Show Luo. It's kinda like when I'm trying to speak Japanese but I really repeat the general phrases from Japanese 101 videos or learn from watching anime in Japanese. Plus, my mom doesn't understand what BoA's singing when she heard her sing "I'm Sorry" and my mom knows Cantonese, Mandarin and Vietnamese.

Oh, I see. So besides not being very good a Chinese her pronunciation is not that good. Well, I personally love Chinese, but don't really like BoA's Chinese versions. I would like to see her get better though ^-^ and record more stuff in Chinese

#7 ShiroiChanUK

ShiroiChanUK

My girlfriend just dumped me. -_-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 08:52 PM

Atlantis Princess is BoA's best Chinese song because her pronunciation is considerably better than in any of her other Chinese songs :) 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users