9 replies to this topic

#1 Neko-Kun

Neko-Kun

My girlfriend just dumped me. -_-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,818 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 11:07 AM

Well guys, this started with the rumours of Kris from EXO starting a sue to SMENT and he leaving the company. Now, there are some other rumours that BoA and other SM artists like  Ryeowook, Eunhyuk, Seohyun and Onew unfollowed SM. Don't know if it's really true, but if it turns to be true, is that the beginning of a rebellion? 

#2 ~yume~

~yume~

mmm... BoA's cute

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 11:22 AM

That was just a rumor, she never followed @SMTOWNGLOBAL in the first place.

#3 moonrabbit

moonrabbit

I can't get BoA off my mind!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 657 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 12:18 PM

I doubt it's real since BoA seems to really love SM. She regards them as family.

#4 jiro_ejlr

jiro_ejlr

BoAファン永遠

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,154 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 06:46 PM

i doubt about this because BoA became one of the share holders of SM Entertainment..

#5 bakal3xs

bakal3xs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 847 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 10:16 PM

Yes. Actualy its all bullsh.it jyj or hangeng or kris they just do that for the money. All others artist never complain n see lee soo man as teacher n father. Especialy BoA. They knows when they enter in sm that they ll have to sacrifie a lot n work their ass a lot and the result ll be to be n°1. Do u know any artist of sm who wasnt popular since the begining? They knows what they ll have to do. They just do that for money n sm give them big name so they get money n a name what else? Im bit angry with this coz all people blame sm. But they doesnt know anyhting. Compare to what BoA did they r so far. They r not alonz since 12yo n work like crazy even she sick or hurt. Now they r more free, group can support each other, n when they sick its ok to not perform coz there is other member.. anyway these people r bullsh.it n all stupid fan making too much noise for this are even more stupid. Haha

Edited by bakal3xs, 15 May 2014 - 10:18 PM.

#6 ShiroiChanUK

ShiroiChanUK

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 03:56 AM

^ I wouldn't put it quite like that but essentially you have a point. Why hasn't anyone complained before? There have been rumours in the past but I believe they were proven false and were just started by "fans".

#7 superlita

superlita

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,227 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 08:07 AM

This might be tl;dr. LOL.

As people mentioned BoA never followed SM's twitter account.

BoA's a tough nut to crack, she has a drive that many do not and is constantly pushing her limits. It's absolutely insane what she has gone through these past 14 years, the insane schedules she carried out especially during her prime at a young age and as a soloist were draining. BoA had it bad, possibly worst because she's a soloist and didn't have members to support her. She's had to work twice as hard.

SM is known for over working their artists, there's a reason why their past groups didn't last and didn't re-sign with them, and why SM artists are constantly going to court with SM. SM is not innocent, they're constantly violating human rights by forcing their artists to work or attend events when they're sick or injured. BoA has gone through this, but she's loyal to SM and can endure it. BoA once said in a documentary that "her body is at ease when she's in Japan, but her heart is at ease when she's in Korea". Avex handles her in Japan so her scheduled is more laxed than when she promotes in Korea, but Korea is her home and it's where her heart is (and with SM).

Also, unless you've been in the game as long as BoA or Kang Ta, SM gives you little to no creativity as an artist, but even BoA and Kang Ta are limited.

SM boy groups are also more prone to have sasaengs (stalker fans), just google the term and you will be appalled. SM does nothing to protect their artists from them.

JYJ, Hangeng, and now Kris are justified in not wanting to be apart of a company that restricts their creativity as an artist and violates their human rights.

SM's current artists may be displeased with their contract but fear going up against SM due to SM having a lot of influence in the music industry. E.G. JYJ and Hangeng are blocked from promoting and performing their albums and songs in S.Korea.

I'm an Exo fan (don't love them as much as BoA), but my heart aches knowing that another group in SM is going through the same situation as previous groups and that the individuals members will all be affected negatively... for a long time. I love SM artists, not so much the company itself. I'm very displeased with Exo's current situation, I feel a bit bitter towards Kris for leaving at a crucial point in Exo's career, but can't fully blame him knowing SM's history.

#8 searingblade

searingblade

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 08:21 PM

I pretty much agree with most people's points about the whole EXO/Kris situation. I'm a big fan of the group, and I realize it's hard when someone who you consider "family" decides they want to leave. I know I don't feel exactly the way they do, and I, nor anyone else will know exactly what they're thinking. It does seem selfish and irresponsible for him to leave in the middle of promotions, but maybe that's what he wants? The group will suffer, but maybe he sees it as a necessary side-effect of getting back at SM? Taking their top group and basically tearing them down will lose a lot of money, and they'll be haunted by it for a long time. It's hard for me to decide who to support: I will support 11-member EXO because they've worked hard, they have a lot of ambition and drive, and I think they're an awesome group. I'll also support Kris because I believe everyone has a right to do what they want and express themselves how they want without being stifled by someone above them. And if terminating his contract is the best solution he sees, then so be it. I'll be sad to see one of my favorite groups split, but Kris is just looking after his best interests, which obviously no longer lie in the group.

Supposedly Kris joined SM to be an actor, yet they stuck him in a group, and turned down multiple acting jobs without his input. It must have hurt seeing two other members get acting roles (D.O in a Korean drama, Luhan in a Chinese movie).

And as for artists following their own label on social media, I feel like that's pretty redundant. Like, "OMG A NEW SUPER JUNIOR ALBUM!?!? lol jk I knew about that a month ago."

#9 kitzutsuita

kitzutsuita

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 780 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 01:25 AM

What is this a necro thread for exo? I don't give two ***** about them. Period. Boa as we all know never followed sment as that was the name before twitter universe.

Close the topic.

Edited by kitzutsuita, 17 May 2014 - 01:26 AM.

#10 mrsmushroomlee

mrsmushroomlee

I'm an official BoA fan!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 01:12 PM

LOOL yeah I almost feel for this info, but to be honest I don't think BoA would do that. She's loyal to SM, even though she might disagree with them (which I don't know she does, but I think she probably disagrees sometimes). After all there's even a Japanese documentary that shows BoA performing with an bone injure in her foot. She knows how SM treats their idols. Plus, BoA was a SM artist when Hangeng left, so she might be shocked but is not like she never saw something like this before.

But I am really sorry for EXO, it happened all of a sudden :T but I understand Kris. He wants the dream but maybe he doesn't want that type of sacrifice. SM is harsh so I don't think we could blame him for his decision, after all he's not the fandom property. He's a person before he's an idol so he has his own will... It makes me sad, but not much to do now. I just hope no other EXO member choose this too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users