278 replies to this topic

#1 ShiroiChanUK

ShiroiChanUK

Caddie In Training

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,252 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 09:34 PM

BoA will release her 8th Japanese album titled "WHO'S BACK?" on the 9th of September.

CD Only & USB Covers + Tracklist

10561678_784340934930891_203735459577122

10405355_784341144930870_317153799635082

CD & USB

1. First Time

2. Shout It Out

3. Only One

4. FUN

5. Message

6. WOO WEEKEND

7. Milestone

8. I SEE ME

9. MASAYUME CHASING

10. The Shadow

11. close to me

12. Call my name

13. Baby you..

14. Tail of Hope

CD+DVD Cover & Tracklist

10400763_784340911597560_287706229460394

CD

Same as CD only & USB.

DVD

1. First Time MV

2. Shout It Out MV

3. Only One MV

4. Message MV

5. WOO WEEKEND MV

6. Milestone MV

7. MASAYUME CHASING MV

8. The Shadow MV

9. Tail of Hope MV

10. First Time ~Making of~ + Interview

[UPDATE 1] Source 

=========================

So we're only getting one new song... Why are they releasing this as a "new" album and not a compilation?

Edited by ShiroiChanUK, 30 July 2014 - 09:58 PM.

#2 rahe

rahe

I can't get BoA off my mind!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 594 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 10:02 PM

Only one new song?? Wth and it took her almost a year to release this????
Oh boy, I miss the Made In 20/Outgrow times...

#3 superlita

superlita

My girlfriend just dumped me. -_-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,142 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 10:06 PM

Really disappointed with the track list, it just seems very lazy. I was expecting more new songs. :( I hope to god "First Time" isn't a mediocre ballad.

She needs to part ways with avex.

#4 celbel

celbel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 611 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 10:07 PM

Only ONE new song?? What the heck?! :(

I'll still buy it, but seriously? Why has it taken her so long to put out if there's literally ONE new song on this album.

I hope first time is really amazing!

And BoA does look gorgeous on those covers. Gotta love straight hair BoA! ;) and good job, whoever did her makeup! It looks beautiful!

#5 a_chan

a_chan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 911 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 10:32 PM

If you listened to her Japanese radio interviews BoA herself was scared of this happening. During Shout It Out promotions she said that she had enough singles for a best of album and was worried about how her next album would turn out. Regardless she looks beautiful on the album covers.

Anyway, some of you seem to be a bit out of the loop so I'll fill you in.

The PV for First Time will be a documentary style PV that sheds light on the other side of BoA's career. BoA will also show her bare face in the PV.

There is a self composed single already planned to be released some time after "Who's Back?" No confirmation on what the song is exactly but it has a drama tie in so chances are it's "Fly".

It seems to me like Avex just wants the "Who's Back?" era to be over and done with so they can move forward and start fresh. Maybe if people were more interested in BoA's career than talking about plastic surgery they would already know this.

#6 superlita

superlita

My girlfriend just dumped me. -_-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,142 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 11:57 PM

^I think most of us were already in the know. The description for the "First Time" PV which came out a week ago lead me to believe the song would be a ballad. I'm getting a "Milestone" vibe from the description. Unless I'm wrong and it ends up being something like "Game" (which i'll gladly take).

It's a given that the new self-composed single would be "Fly", cosidering that we still don't have the full song as it has yet to be release. We have a separate thread for it... 

It's a decent song at best, nothing new from BoA. 

There's no need to start fresh with avex, they've done nothing for BoA. Start fresh with another management I say (e.g. emi/universal music japan, considering her sm label-mates [snsd, shinee, j-min] are under them).

#7 Ryoga

Ryoga

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 554 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 12:00 AM

the shooting looks nice, but the design, if i can call it that is quite ugly and looks very unprofessional. Im gonna buy this album anyway, but its just a Best-Of album, i cant take it as a "new" album. Looks like very low budget from avex, like someone said, they must be happy when this era is over.

Im curious to see how other labels would promote her. Im not sure if it comes from her side to promote little or from her management.

Edited by Ryoga, 31 July 2014 - 12:01 AM.

#8 a_chan

a_chan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 911 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 01:22 AM

^I think most of us were already in the know. The description for the "First Time" PV which came out a week ago lead me to believe the song would be a ballad. I'm getting a "Milestone" vibe from the description. Unless I'm wrong and it ends up being something like "Game" (which i'll gladly take).

It's a given that the new self-composed single would be "Fly", cosidering that we still don't have the full song as it has yet to be release. We have a separate thread for it... 

It's a decent song at best, nothing new from BoA. 

There's no need to start fresh with avex, they've done nothing for BoA. Start fresh with another management I say (e.g. emi/universal music japan, considering her sm label-mates [snsd, shinee, j-min] are under them).

I guess I didn't structure that post very well lol. I meant fill people in with BoA's reservations on the album/era's direction.

But I disagree. There is a need to start fresh with Avex - because she is contracted to them. It's not like she has a choice. It doesn't look as if they're going to drop her anytime soon so she needs to make the best of the situation. As much as I've personally enjoyed most singles in this era, it has done nothing for her career. It's time to count losses, go on a tour to try get some money back and start a new era instead of putting more money into a failing one.

The description of First Time gives me mid-tempo/ballad vibes as well. I just hope it's around the level of Possibilty. We'll find out soon I'm sure, they always release PV's super early.

I feel the same way about Fly tbh. Which is why I hope it's the b-side on the single. We knew about Smile Again long before Lose Your Mind because of its drama tie in so it's possible lol.

#9 candice

candice

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 486 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 01:37 AM

This is the kind of tracklist I feared... titles from years ago.

I hope she'll leave Avex soon for another label.

Edited by candice, 31 July 2014 - 02:08 AM.

#10 jiro_ejlr

jiro_ejlr

BoAファン永遠

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,154 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 02:34 AM

for me, we can't blame avex and her management for this.. probably, the past singles she did should be a release as a part of her album but instead they released it as a singles and compiled to this album.. well, that's my guess.. anyways.. she already said that she feared that this album will be look like a best-of album.. so that't why she and her management wanted this over and done to move on and create a new and fresh projects again.. anyways.. i'm going to buy this album.. it's a little bit interesting for me.. then next is, the DVD release of her live tour 2014.. gawd, hope this album has CD+blu-ray edition release but it didn't happen.. hopefully her live tour 2014 would release a blu-ray edition.. :D

Edited by jiro_ejlr, 31 July 2014 - 02:36 AM.

#11 BoAMyJewel

BoAMyJewel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 761 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 05:25 AM

This is the perfect picture to describe my feeling,

i-expect-nothing-and-im-still-let-down.j

I'm not gonna lie and say that I'm not disappointed, when I found out it's like someone just stabbed my heart repeatedly... I mean it's like they don't even try... the covers are bizarre (yes she's pretty on the CD only and USB versions) the black background, the font, the placement, (WHO THE HELL IS THE CREATIVE DIRECTOR AND EDITOR) I'm sure she's wearing designer's shirt, but WTH!? it looks so fanmade I wanna cry.

and the tracklist? don't get me started with the tracklist... why didn't they go all out with NO DANCE NO LIFE if they do all of this? And the order? FUN after Only One? bizarroo, The worst since Only One that only had 6 new songs (at least there were SIX), oh man...

I don't know who to blame? Avex did a very good job with the last 5 singles (eventhough it's nothing major), with Only One cocktail, Catch the Tail of Hope, Message Juke Bus, and both SIO and MC were really strong IMO, I don't understand why they would do this to us...

with this, First Time better be really good. And I hope her Korean album rumor would come true. 

I've pre-ordered "WHO'S BACK?" since the day they announced it on her official website, yes it's been 4 years for the love of god.

Ahh might as well just release First Time PV now, no need to wait or do the right marketing, because this release is so messed up....

don't get me wrong, I still love BoA and everything but this is just a kick-in-the-crotch-spit-on-your-neck fantastic

and if they're planning on starting a new era with FLY, that's kinda a bad idea, it's only an OK song, just saying Message and Only One are way better, FLY could be a good B-Side or album filler, not a single (from what I can hear from the preview)

EDIT: I don't know what is it but they remove all the WHO'S BACK related article from the official website,

http://avex.jp/boa/news/ 

I hope they change it all! *crossing fingers*

Edited by BoAMyJewel, 31 July 2014 - 05:32 AM.

#12 BKFan

BKFan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 825 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 06:14 AM

Maybe the album has been cancelled due to back reception from fans about the tracklist and covers ?

I was the same with the album/best-of Year of the World just after BEST&USA : http://boaloves.free...jyearoftheworld

Or maybe they will change all the tracklist, and add a second CD (one "best of" CD  and one "album" CD like BEST&USA) ? Hope so !

#13 sweetsora2

sweetsora2

I'm an official BoA fan!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 06:25 AM

for me, we can't blame avex and her management for this.. probably, the past singles she did should be a release as a part of her album but instead they released it as a singles and compiled to this album.. well, that's my guess.. anyways.. she already said that she feared that this album will be look like a best-of album.. so that't why she and her management wanted this over and done to move on and create a new and fresh projects again.. anyways.. i'm going to buy this album.. it's a little bit interesting for me.. then next is, the DVD release of her live tour 2014.. gawd, hope this album has CD+blu-ray edition release but it didn't happen.. hopefully her live tour 2014 would release a blu-ray edition.. :D

YES i'm 100% Agree with you..

she's already hint about this BEST album since early this year in the radio interview...

DJ: You have resumed activities in Japan since Feb this year with the single "Only One". How's it going to be from now on?

BoA: I'll continue to work in both countries. This year, I've released 3 singles and I'm working toward making an album, delivering good music to everyone.

DJ: Have you started works on your new album?

BoA: I could have just put together all the singles in hand and I'd have an album already. I've been releasing only singles and a lot of them too! A BEST album would come out soon, going at this rate. LOL

----------------------------

Q: What's your thoughts about your work last year?

BoA: I think I've done quite a lot. Avex's been saying that my work was too few but I'd rather think I've released a lot.

Q: Please hold live concerts too.

BoA: Before talking about lives, I'm more worried about album. I have singles stocked up enough I'm afraid my next album would be a BEST album. Live concerts would follow album release but I don't even know when I can release the album.

(from Triangle Wheel Blog)

i think avex planning to release her new album since last year or maybe early this year then prepare for her live tour but bcs she's seems busy with her drama and movie,they delay it and keep releasing new single :( ..

and i don't think she'll leaving avex in the near time,she's pretty much stuck with avex like how she's stuck with SM.

from what i see SOUL is really cool about it,maybe some of them is disappointed like us i-fans but they still excited about her LIVE TOUR so guys lets just cheer on her ..

and of course i'm going to buy this album too :)

#14 BoAMyJewel

BoAMyJewel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 761 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 06:50 AM

http://avex.jp/boa/n....php?id=1010158 <- the article regarding the 'NEW ALBUM' is not removed tho, 

Maybe the album has been cancelled due to back reception from fans about the tracklist and covers ?

I was the same with the album/best-of Year of the World just after BEST&USA : http://boaloves.free...jyearoftheworld

Or maybe they will change all the tracklist, and add a second CD (one "best of" CD  and one "album" CD like BEST&USA) ? Hope so !

LOL thats the hope, but that would be highly unlikely tho

but please change the tracklist

#15 BoA_rocks_in_english

BoA_rocks_in_english

The Unbiased BoA Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,011 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 06:54 AM

Completely let down over this...BoA you need to get the hell away from Avex already enough is enough.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: BoA, Whos Back?, Album, J-pop

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users