278 replies to this topic

#16 kazu

kazu

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 07:10 AM

I can't believe this is true... Is MUST be a joke!! 

#17 2boamystar

2boamystar

Always be BoA's fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,824 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 07:26 AM

OK. OK. Everyone has been ranting about this so I won't add on to the frustration that almost everyone is having

Truth be told. This is a big disappointment. Period. I can't even like the cover like some of you do. I can't recognise BoA >"<

Anyway, going to say some positive stuffs. Actually the singles put on the album are good songs just that they should have named the album as the Best of Album kind of thing, to avoid disappointment. If they did they, fans would be OK with it I guess...

More positive stuffs, I really look forward to her live tours, when she will perform all of her latest singles, which are the songs that like from her in this era. All singles have been good :) Please don't give a crappy stage set-up for her live tour please, and please don't give a crappy cover for the live tour DVD too. That is my hope for now :)

#18 vartan

vartan

I can't get BoA off my mind!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 07:56 AM

wao... that is like a big middle finger from avex.

#19 MOTOWAYohsixfive

MOTOWAYohsixfive

My girlfriend just dumped me. -_-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,960 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 10:20 AM

This is what happens to artists who don't sell well. I know everyone loves to say, "Sales don't matter, BoA doesn't have anything left to prove!!!111!!!!" But you can't expect Avex (or any label really) to actually invest in her if they know that it'll be a bad investment (in that it won't sell well and no one will pay attention to it). 

Just look at how her tours have downsized over the past years. In 2005, when she was at her peak, BOS tour was HUGE. BoA was LITERALLY FLYING across the arena and being carried on a moving platform. In 2007, for MIT (20) tour, she had this screen of herself dancing that moved along with her, kinda neat. By 2008, she was already doing HALL tours, instead of ARENA ones, and IDENTITY tour had no special features at all. I'm sure we can all agree that BoA's strength and passion is in performing, so it's really sad to see her given a small stage, with minimal dancers and no special additions, because of her low popularity and poor sales. BoA is a much better performer than Ayumi Hamasaki, but Ayumi is actually popular so Avex invests much more in her.

The same can be said with her releases. Until she proves that she's worth the investment, she won't get many new tracks, extra videos, good covers, etc. 

#20 moonrabbit

moonrabbit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 648 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 10:22 AM

So if they're gonna include songs all the way from 2010 (the same year she released her last Japanese album, Identity) then it's as if she never left Japan meaning that the title of the album, Who's Back doesn't fit at all. To be honest, I don't expect much from Avex despite some of their innovative promotions for her past singles. Their top artists are barely scraping the bottom of the barrel, not counting Namie Amuro. (Maybe I'm wrong about this since I don't follow Avex's other artists besides Ayumi and Kumi.) We're even lucky that we're getting one new song.

Edited by YourSonnetMyLove, 31 July 2014 - 10:25 AM.

#21 Coreax

Coreax

I'm an official BoA fan!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 12:41 PM

Avex is nothing but a screw up. OF COURSE she hasn't sold well in the past, they began cutting back on promoting her. It's not her fault now she can only release a "new" album with only one new gem on it doomed to fail before it starts, it's Avex's. If they would actually invest in promotions that worked and attracted an audience, our poor BoA wouldn't be in this fiasco. BoA still has what it takes to come out on top but not with a company who not only doesn't want her or wants to even try with her. I don't care if she ever signs on to a new Japanese record company, she just needs to get away from Avex.

Also, I want to applaud @BoAMyJewel for using both a Malcolm in the Middle picture and Rachel Green quote from Friends. Two of my favorite shows ever!

Edited by Coreax, 31 July 2014 - 12:48 PM.

#22 jiro_ejlr

jiro_ejlr

BoAファン永遠

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,154 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 12:42 PM

I agree with @BoAMyJewel.. from the looks of it, it's definitely a fanmade.. and where's the "FLY" song from that tracklist??.. and her japanese official website and her official staff twitter account did not announce anything like this.. either way, i'll just keep on track from her websites news updates..

#23 celbel

celbel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 608 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 03:23 PM

On a BoA Instagram fan page (@boa_fanpage) a SOUL member said that this info has only been made available to SOUL members and should be uploaded to her website in a few days. So I think it is legit..

#24 Mashimaro-san

Mashimaro-san

VIVID

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,478 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 05:24 PM

The covers need a lot of work and the tracklist is disappointing. Avex or BoA could have avoided this by releasing two EPs instead of 7 singles then an album. I'm quite certain that this is partly BoA's fault.

I think what happened was that BoA might have been unable to release a compilation album instead because of contractual obligations which she failed to meet. It's weird for an avex trax artist to release 7 consecutive singles without an album, that means something went wrong. I remember that BoA was suppoused to release an new album in Japan back in 2012 but she didn't, as a result every single from WOO WEEKEND to Masayume Chasing was included in the new studio album. The album has over 14 songs, if they included more then it would need to be a 2 CD album and it would be even more expensive. It is disqualified from being considered a compilation album since all of these singles are not from a previous album release.

In summary, I think there was suppoused to be a previous album with WOO WEEKEND and Milestone as the singles. But there wasn't an album prepared (remember that BoA went back to Korea after Milestone), which is why I'm thinking its BoA's fault also since its her responsibility to actually record the songs, and so they just continued releasing singles until it was enough for an album.

Edited by Mashimaro-san, 31 July 2014 - 05:44 PM.

#25 celbel

celbel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 608 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 06:39 PM

^ hmm yeah, you're probably right. That does kind of make sense. Just sucks for us fans as well as for BoA I'm sure. Even though she technically hasn't released an album in ages in either Japan or Korea (I mean we even got jibbed with only one a bit - it shouldve been released as an ep / mini album), she has been really busy with other projects. I do miss BoA in Japan a lot. But hopefully we won't have a repeat of this and get another album filled with all new material next year *fingers crossed*. Korean or Japanese! Or preferably both! ;)

#26 MrP

MrP

I'm an official BoA fan!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 06:51 PM

A sad day for BoA fans.

#27 Mashimaro-san

Mashimaro-san

VIVID

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,478 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 07:01 PM

^ hmm yeah, you're probably right. That does kind of make sense. Just sucks for us fans as well as for BoA I'm sure. Even though she technically hasn't released an album in ages in either Japan or Korea (I mean we even got jibbed with only one a bit - it shouldve been released as an ep / mini album), she has been really busy with other projects. I do miss BoA in Japan a lot. But hopefully we won't have a repeat of this and get another album filled with all new material next year *fingers crossed*. Korean or Japanese! Or preferably both! ;)

What's sad is that they could have avoided this by releasing two EPs instead, its not unusual to see J-pop artists releasing EPs. They're labelled as "singles" but they have 4 to 5 different songs and music videos. But I think probably there is something in the contract that prevented it?

EDIT: I came up of an idea of what could have been done instead.

Release "Only One" as an EP, with this tracklist:

- 1. Only One

- 2. The Shadow

- 3. Milestone

- 4. WOO WEEKEND.

(+ 4 music Videos & instrumentals)

And then release "Masayume Chasing" as an EP with a tracklist like this:

- 1. Masayume Chasing

- 2. Tail of Hope

- 3. Message

- 4. Shout It Out.

(+ 4 music videos & instrumentals)

Finally release the album "WHO's BACK?" The B-sides from all the singles could've been saved up to be new album tracks instead:

- FUN

- close to me

- Call my name

- Baby you...

- First Time

- I SEE ME

(+ 8 songs and music videos from the previous EPs)

Edited by Mashimaro-san, 31 July 2014 - 07:28 PM.

#28 takato-nohara

takato-nohara

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 08:17 PM

This is beyond annoying... I can't help it, I'm soooo mad! This can't be true! This is disgusting... Gosh, I have to go burn something down...

#29 BoAMyJewel

BoAMyJewel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 08:34 PM

I agree with @BoAMyJewel.. from the looks of it, it's definitely a fanmade.. and where's the "FLY" song from that tracklist??.. and her japanese official website and her official staff twitter account did not announce anything like this.. either way, i'll just keep on track from her websites news updates..

lol ive never said its fanmade,  what I meant was that the covers look fanmade :D

EDIT: well avex has updated its website and the tracklist and jackets are final, so much for any changes

Edited by BoAMyJewel, 31 July 2014 - 08:44 PM.

#30 superlita

superlita

My girlfriend just dumped me. -_-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,139 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 12:05 AM

SM Ent. had a big mishap with their new group's (red velvet) music video:

Bt7Y48fCAAA8RdK.jpg

Derogatory newspaper clippings referencing wwii/hiroshima were used. August 6th marks the 69th anni. of the bombing so japanese citizens aren't too happy.

I don't know how or if this will affect BoA. As if she didn't have enough problems smh.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: BoA, Whos Back?, Album, J-pop

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users