278 replies to this topic

#31 jiro_ejlr

jiro_ejlr

BoAファン永遠

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,154 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 02:36 AM

anyways.. no matter what happen.. i'm still going to buy this album.. now let's move on.. i can't wait for her live tour 2014!!.. :3

#32 TruCalling87

TruCalling87

I can't get BoA off my mind!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 828 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 04:06 AM

Disappointed. I understand them compiling all the singles into one. But they're called b-sides for a reason. They stay with the single. And should have put new songs instead of the bsides. :/ either way I'll support her. Cuz without support there is no more music to look forward to.

#33 BoAMyJewel

BoAMyJewel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 761 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 06:27 AM

Disappointed. I understand them compiling all the singles into one. But they're called b-sides for a reason. They stay with the single. And should have put new songs instead of the bsides. :/ either way I'll support her. Cuz without support there is no more music to look forward to.

I was gonna say this but too lazy to type because it has been finalized, yes, I hope they'd just remove the B-sides and put new songs (except close to me, it has to be there lol)

#34 BoA_rocks_in_english

BoA_rocks_in_english

The Unbiased BoA Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,011 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 07:01 AM

I dunno how fans can be so blind to support this kind of nonsense, I will not be buying it and I hope other fans do the same. The covers are horrible..I could have done a better job, I blame BoA and Avex.

#35 MOTOWAYohsixfive

MOTOWAYohsixfive

My girlfriend just dumped me. -_-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,960 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 07:11 AM

SM Ent. had a big mishap with their new group's (red velvet) music video:

Derogatory newspaper clippings referencing wwii/hiroshima were used. August 6th marks the 69th anni. of the bombing so japanese citizens aren't too happy.

I don't know how or if this will affect BoA. As if she didn't have enough problems smh.

That is a really stupid move on SM's part, but I don't think it will affect BoA. She's always been seen in Japan as a Japanese artist and not a K-pop one (which is why a lot of people don't credit her with "opening the doors" to Japan--but that's another story on its own). Plus, BoA has been a nobody in Japan for six years so I highly doubt that anyone would think of her. If Japanese audiences are angry at Koreans for SM's stupid move, then their anger would be directed at an artist that's both distinctly K-pop AND popular (i.e., SNSD).

Edited by MOTOWAYohsixfive, 01 August 2014 - 07:12 AM.

#36 Mashimaro-san

Mashimaro-san

VIVID

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,478 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 05:25 PM

SM Ent. had a big mishap with their new group's (red velvet) music video:

Bt7Y48fCAAA8RdK.jpg

Derogatory newspaper clippings referencing wwii/hiroshima were used. August 6th marks the 69th anni. of the bombing so japanese citizens aren't too happy.

I don't know how or if this will affect BoA. As if she didn't have enough problems smh.

Wow I just found out about this from you. This is so disgusting in all levels. The 9/11 incident and bombing of Hiroshima are tragedies for all humanity, to be completely ignorant about it and edit it in a music video is disgusting. There is really no excuse!

I don't think this will affect BoA's career in Japan but I'm definately no longer supporting SM Ent. except for BoA. This isn't a simple mistake, it had to be intentional.

Edited by Mashimaro-san, 01 August 2014 - 05:31 PM.

#37 wwteng

wwteng

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 07:51 PM

All my hope directed to the live DVD now. Although I love her, and I will buy this album still, this track list is unfavorable. How can they treat us like that. Unimaginable....

#38 ShiroiChanUK

ShiroiChanUK

Caddie In Training

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,252 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 07:56 PM

Wow I just found out about this from you. This is so disgusting in all levels. The 9/11 incident and bombing of Hiroshima are tragedies for all humanity, to be completely ignorant about it and edit it in a music video is disgusting. There is really no excuse!

I don't think this will affect BoA's career in Japan but I'm definately no longer supporting SM Ent. except for BoA. This isn't a simple mistake, it had to be intentional.

This is absolutely disgusting and how some people can actually defend this MV is beyond me. Someone pointed out a reference to the London underground and bus bombings featured in the MV too...

Red_Velvet_London.gif

#39 moonrabbit

moonrabbit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 648 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 09:16 PM

If everybody is seriously unsatisfied with the tracklist and the art cover then I think you can complain to Avex by tweeting. I read an article about how Avex put back the details of the Who's Back album after receiving tweets from her Jumping BoA fanclub. Since we are the consumer then maybe they will listen to the fans. http://aramajapan.co...new-album/4515/

As for the Red Velvet video controversy, I was actually blase about it because I accepted SM's explanation about how it was a mistake on their part. Now I think they intentionally put all these mentions of past tragedies in order to get more views for RV's music video. I don't like RV so far but I feel bad that they have to have bad publicity attached to their debut.

Edited by YourSonnetMyLove, 01 August 2014 - 09:18 PM.

#40 rahe

rahe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 594 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 10:21 PM

At first I thought since the lyrics talk about adults fighting and how we don't need money or power to be happy, the Hiroshima/Nagasaki bombing reference made sense, but now I remembered my high school teacher talking about those tragedies... tbh I don't know how I feel about it. I feel bad for the girls, they are very cute. + I think it will affect BoA. I was reading the comments from japanese netizens and they are very aware that BoA is under SM management

#41 Kentjr

Kentjr

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 10:57 PM

This isn't even a "best of" album. This is more like a 2010 - Now singles compilation that could have easily been done by anyone who's bought any of these tracks within the past few years. Avex is seriously losing me with her Japanese releases. I loved Shout it out and Masayume Chasing, even the songs before it, but to not release an album for this long and then expect fans to eat this up is beyond me. I am really upset by this, nor would I purchase it. 

#42 sweetsora2

sweetsora2

I'm an official BoA fan!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 07:17 AM

maybe it won't affect BoA much..but still i'm a lil bit worry.

this one of comment from yahoo Japan :

[+608,-21] I want them to promote in Japan so we can boycott them. We should in fact boycott every release from this agency.

moving on from her best album,i'm still excited with "first time" i really hope avex didn't make me disappointed with this song..

#43 ShiroiChanUK

ShiroiChanUK

Caddie In Training

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,252 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 02:52 PM

^ Yes, back to the album :) This is what I think the tracklist should've been,

Singles

Only One

The Shadow

Tail of Hope

Shout It Out

MASAYUME CHASING

B-sides

close to me

New Songs

FIRST TIME

and 6 more new songs

EDIT: I agree with a lot of others comments, FIRST TIME had better be something mind blowing. 

Edited by ShiroiChanUK, 02 August 2014 - 02:54 PM.

#44 Roly Poly

Roly Poly

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 04:43 PM

Damn...I was truly disappointed when I saw the tracklist. I was like, WTF!? They're all songs we've already seen and bought! I like the covers because BoA looks classic and beautiful, and it's PINK! I love pink, but the tracklist is disappointing. I agree w/ BoA_rocks_in_English toward ppl who r saying they're gonna buy this album to support BoA. I feel like if ppl buy this, it's giving Avex permission to BS us even more with crappy stuff. The singles were much better designed; why would they do such a cheap border and letters? If they hadn't put the pink border and put cursive-ish letters, it wdve looked more professional. Even so, again this tracklist is a disappointment. People have been complaining about her Japanese works going down the drain, and this is the worst of the worst. After everything, you think they wouldve improved her stuff. You can't increase the sales of an artist who hasnt been seeling well if you don't give her good stuff to work with, either.

#45 vartan

vartan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 05:12 PM

they should have omit those singles title track that was release prior to only one.
This album should have contain only purely from only one era songs. whereas for side b, only call my name and close to me should make the cut.

it kinda disappointing for avex to lump every single she release prior to her hiatus on this album with a such a big album title, "who's back". with such tracklist, no one would even care if she is back with only just one new track.

regarding the covers, it just looks like some amatuer work.
albeit the album looks like a piece of wreck with it trackllisting and plain covers.

Edited by vartan, 02 August 2014 - 05:13 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: BoA, Whos Back?, Album, J-pop

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users