278 replies to this topic

#106 2boamystar

2boamystar

Always be BoA's fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 02:44 AM

I am a long-time BoA's fan too, and I have to say her music is not declining. Her popularity is, but that's not the problem for me, and it is not a problem for BoA too. I still very much enjoy all the singles that BoA has released so far. Of course I am sad that BoA is not doing well in terms of sales, but that's about it. 

BoA knows she is not at her peak anymore, but I am glad to see she is still enjoying making music, and also trying other things that she likes.

#107 MrP

MrP

I'm an official BoA fan!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 07:45 AM

>A>;;

It's not just BoA who's flopping.

In addition to her flops, the music videos on Ayu's new album (I love it!) look cheaper than BoA's wigs during her MIT(20) tour. Keep in mind that this is the same woman who gave us videos like Fairyland and Jewel... 

Kuu's been adhering to her yearly 4 A-SIDE summer single since 2006. Nothing new about her 'cept her sales have tanked and the quality of her music keeps getting worse, LOL. (I love her but her music's either bland or plain out unlistenable.)

A lot of the solo Jpop acts I used to follow don't even release music anymore-- they've fallen off the radar completely because sales.

Not hating, I'm just stating the cold facts. A lot of them are struggling and I don't think any of them promote like they used to. I'm peeved that peeps keep singling BoA out and going as far as saying she doesn't care about her career in Japan. Some days I'm just grateful that BoA's still releasing music (plus, the music is good so that's even better~)

>A>;;

Edited by MrP, 11 August 2014 - 08:19 AM.

#108 moonrabbit

moonrabbit

I can't get BoA off my mind!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 657 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 08:17 AM

^ Aha. Loved your cheap wigs comment. I was like "What are those things on BoA's head?" when I watched the MIT concert. I agree with the comments about Kumi and Ayumi and that their music quality (including Ayumi) has fallen greatly. Actually, Ayumi's voice has deteriorated and I hate that she's doing bad American dance music. All I can say is that many popular artists will have a period in which they will flop. Namie Amuro had that period before her big comeback. To be honest, I think the quality of her music is starting to go too. I don't follow current Jpop except for BoA, Ayumi, Kumi or random artists. I don't know if I'm correct in saying that the current popular Jpop artists are AKB48 and Kyary Pamyu Pamyu.

Everytime you guys use the word 'flop', I think of fish struggling on dry land.

Edited by YourSonnetMyLove, 11 August 2014 - 08:19 AM.

#109 Mashimaro-san

Mashimaro-san

VIVID

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,478 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 08:38 AM

Everytime you guys use the word 'flop', I think of fish struggling on dry land.

That's what it's supposed to mean, BoA is like a fish struggling on dry land.

The other J-divas are not doing that great either but I would say BoA and Ayumi Hamasaki are the ones flopping. Koda Kumi is doing fine to be honest, all of her singles are hovering around the 30k sales plus she had a hit single on her last album (Go To The Top which charted at #1 on Oricon with 70k). By comparison BoA is doing the worse out of all of them.

EDIT: Ai Otsuka is doing horrible too, same as BoA. And this comparison to Namie Amuro is ridiculous. She flopped with one album (Style, that era lasted for a year) but she made a smashing comeback with Queen of Hip-Pop. BoA's been flopping for two albums straight.

Out of all the female soloists, right now Namie Amuro, Koda Kumi and Kana Nishino are the top artists. Kana Nishino released a two best-of albums on the same day last year, charting at #1 and #2 for a week.

Edited by Mashimaro-san, 11 August 2014 - 08:44 AM.

#110 MrP

MrP

I'm an official BoA fan!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 09:15 AM

^BoA's always been a bit behind on sales compared to Ayu and Kuu, but my point still stands-- most of the Jpop ladies that used to dominate the charts ar.n't doing well/

On Kuu-- Go the Top was released two years ago and since then she hasn't had a single that crossed the 30K mark.

Her newest album Bon Voyage's total sales (50K?) couldn't even match what Japonesque pushed two years ago in a WEEK (90K)

Even if you look at her newest single you'd see they have no longevity... kind of like BoA where she opens at a decent number then flops down the chart before the week is even over...

http://www.generasia.com/wiki/Hotel

So yes, I'd say she's flopping too...

Okay, I'm done. Lmao. I didn't mean to come here and talk about the floppage in Japan...

And yeah, 'till this day I still dislike those wigs from her MIT(20) tour.

Edited by MrP, 11 August 2014 - 09:40 AM.

#111 rahe

rahe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 02:31 PM

If Miura Daichi survived selling 1k with his singles I think BoA can survive too
Sadly, I don't think BoA has the same perseverance.

#112 Kentjr

Kentjr

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 08:38 PM

Let me state the obvious, it hasn't been said here yet. The album is gonna flop, bad.

Then again I noticed the fanbase or BoA doesn't seem to care these days.

You don't say? LOL

Anyway there's not much we can really do besides support the album or not support the album. And honestly I truly feel like I can understand people who don't want to support the album this go around. But I hope for the best anyway.

#113 Zanarkand

Zanarkand

I'm an official BoA fan!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 10:27 AM

I don't really feel the need to go around parading sales numbers/popularity because what's always gotten me into BoA was her presence when performing and the songs she sang. That's it.

Honestly, I don't mind the new styles she's been trying to branch out into.

I really enjoy the feel of "First Time" and I do hope she continues to go towards this sort of genre and incorporate some songs with a sound similar to Possibility/M.E.P/Implode/Only One; her voice is really well suited towards it & a lot of her current fanbase seems to enjoy it a lot (imo)! 

Ideally, if she could make something with an R&B vibe similar to Some (by Junggigo/Soyou); I'd LOVE if she'd collab again with Daichi Miura, or Nell (in Kor.) That's all I hope for in the future.   :wub:  :wub:  :wub:

#114 BoAMyJewel

BoAMyJewel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 11:31 PM

^Ken Hirai please

#115 BKFan

BKFan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 825 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 02:22 AM

Guys, this should have been the cover !!!

back.jpg

#116 rahe

rahe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 05:55 AM

^ eeew
dislike the font

#117 BoA_rocks_in_english

BoA_rocks_in_english

The Unbiased BoA Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,011 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 12:00 PM

Guys, this should have been the cover !!!

back.jpg

Ewww..no..god no lol

#118 ~yume~

~yume~

mmm... BoA's cute

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 01:13 PM

tumblr_nabexdfwkU1svn0uzo1_400.png

my take on the cover :)

i didn't change much, but i really hated the font, and preferred the tour logo haha. 

Edited by ~yume~, 14 August 2014 - 01:14 PM.

#119 MOTOWAYohsixfive

MOTOWAYohsixfive

My girlfriend just dumped me. -_-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,960 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 03:24 PM

^ That's much better than the actual cover!

She has great photos from the photoshoot, but they decided to use the worst for her covers + a stupid font and an ugly border. 

#120 Ryoga

Ryoga

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 580 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 07:26 AM

the font can change a lot, its so much better !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users