1694 replies to this topic

#1 ShiroiChanUK

ShiroiChanUK

Caddie In Training

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,218 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 02:25 AM

So I thought it would be a good idea to create a threat for all the more minor BoA related news. This can include any news story that's purely about BoA and the news stories that just mention her at some point. I thought this would be a good idea to prevent the forum from getting cluttered with threads about news that although do generate some conversation they don't generate enough conversation to warrant their own thread.

==================================================

The Recording Industry Association of Japan have released a list of certifications given to songs for the month of July and 2 BoA songs made the cut. Meri Kuri was given a Platinum certification and LOVE LETTER was given a Gold certification. http://aramajapan.co...-for-july/6697/

Source: ARAMA! JAPAN

Edited by ShiroiChanUK, 20 August 2014 - 02:29 AM.

#2 hyeminnie

hyeminnie

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 05:33 PM

Yaay! I always miss out on some news because I never know where to look.

Exo's Suho did the ice bucket challenge and nominated BoA to do it next. They typically have 24 hours to respond with a video of their own.

The ice bucket challenge was created to raise awareness about ALS/ Lou Gehrig's disease. You either donate to the cause or dump ice water on your head. A lot of celebs do both.

Oohsehun@instagram
The original message is in Korean.

Edited by hyeminnie, 20 August 2014 - 05:34 PM.

#3 orchidjadedx

orchidjadedx

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 468 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 07:19 PM

From what i know so far, if u are nominated then u have to do the challenge AND donate $10 but if u skip the challenge then u have to donate $100.
I was hoping someone will nominate boa n suho finally did so I hope boa will accept the challenge....go boa!

Edited by orchidjadedx, 20 August 2014 - 07:20 PM.

#4 hyeminnie

hyeminnie

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 07:50 PM

Since there isn't an official list of rules I guess people go with either. Of the ones I've seen, they're challenged to dump a bucket of ice on themselves within 24 hours or donate $100 to charity. But since the whole thing is about the charity then they do both.

#5 moonrabbit

moonrabbit

I can't get BoA off my mind!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 648 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 08:13 PM

It's good that people all over the world doing a simple silly thing (and donating money of course)for charity. I saw a video of Ayumi Hamasaki doing the ice bucket challenge and thought "I hope BoA does it, too."

#6 BoA_rocks_in_english

BoA_rocks_in_english

The Unbiased BoA Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,011 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 09:24 PM

http://instagram.com/p/r8rxMdH1JF/

BoA doing the challenge 

#7 orchidjadedx

orchidjadedx

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 468 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 09:27 PM

I didn't c the ice n I wish boa had used a bigger bucket with more water, lol...I wanna hear her scream n but she still looked great. Did she nominate big bang's Top n mflo verbal? I never knew boa was vlose to Top

Edited by orchidjadedx, 20 August 2014 - 10:28 PM.

#8 celbel

celbel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 10:55 PM

I didn't c the ice n I wish boa had used a bigger bucket with more water, lol...I wanna hear her scream n but she still looked great. Did she nominate big bang's Top n mflo verbal? I never knew boa was vlose to Top

Yeh! Same. I wish there was more ice! But she's adorable.

And yeh Big Bang TOP... Random? Didn't know they were close.

#9 Roly Poly

Roly Poly

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 12:52 AM

OMG! She looked so pretty in the video! ^ ^

#10 2boamystar

2boamystar

Always be BoA's fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,820 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 03:29 AM

She looks pretty in the video, and elegant like a lady haha :) I am glad that she took the challenge, quite surprised though cos I thought BoA wouldnt do it

#11 moonrabbit

moonrabbit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 648 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 07:10 AM

So happy BoA did the Ice Bucket Challenge. Shows that she is really caring.

Ice Bucket Challenge Still Going Strong: $31.5 Million in Donations to The ALS Association

Washington, D.C. (August 20, 2014) — As of Wednesday, August 20, The ALS Association has received $31.5 million in donations compared to $1.9 million during the same time period last year (July 29 to August 20). These donations have come from existing donors and 637,527 new donors to The Association.

http://www.alsa.org/...nge-082014.html

#12 orchidjadedx

orchidjadedx

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 468 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 04:07 PM

Boa's nominees are hyun bin, big bang Top n mflo's verbal. I thought Top was random but hyun bin is even more random n weird, its just my thinking but I was surprised with hyun bin since boa don't normally associate herself with actors(esp the hot sexy young ones, lol) but I'm looking forward to them accepting their challangd

#13 bokachu

bokachu

BoA News Machine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,769 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 04:48 PM

Boa's nominees are hyun bin, big bang Top n mflo's verbal. I thought Top was random but hyun bin is even more random n weird, its just my thinking but I was surprised with hyun bin since boa don't normally associate herself with actors(esp the hot sexy young ones, lol) but I'm looking forward to them accepting their challangd

BoA called Hyun Bin "oppa". Seems she's kinda close with him to be able to call him like that.

#14 moonrabbit

moonrabbit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 648 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 05:36 PM

Yeh! Same. I wish there was more ice! But she's adorable.

And yeh Big Bang TOP... Random? Didn't know they were close.

Was there even any ice in the bucket? I watched the vid three times and I just saw water. In fact, a lot of the Kpop celebrities I saw doing the challenge poured water down their head and no ice. Maybe the ice melted but I only saw the Yeeun and Yubin (Wonder Girls) have ice in their buckets.

Edited by YourSonnetMyLove, 21 August 2014 - 05:37 PM.

#15 hyeminnie

hyeminnie

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 06:47 PM

Was there even any ice in the bucket? I watched the vid three times and I just saw water. In fact, a lot of the Kpop celebrities I saw doing the challenge poured water down their head and no ice. Maybe the ice melted but I only saw the Yeeun and Yubin (Wonder Girls) have ice in their buckets.

I've watched a bunch of these and yeah a lot of the k celebs didn't have ice in their buckets. I'm guessing they just did cold water.

Although I have seen American celebs just dump a bucket of ice on themselves.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: BoA, News

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users