1811 replies to this topic

#1606 travoltajc

travoltajc

mmm... BoA's cute

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 12 May 2017 - 01:12 PM

I'm totally moved. The concert audio already giving me the chills. As great as her dancing is, I'm more into her ballads like these. Great song selections too, they're from her best Jap days (IMO).

This totally reminds me of her 20th Birthday Live (2006), the one where she had a leg injury and was forced to focus on singing than dancing.

#1607 BoAMyJewel

BoAMyJewel

I can't get BoA off my mind!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts

Posted 12 May 2017 - 06:48 PM

BoA has a ton of amazing Japanese Ballads, Im shocked avex hadnt release a compilation when she was more popular, like BALLAD OF SOUL or something

Edited by BoAMyJewel, 12 May 2017 - 06:48 PM.

#1608 Ryoga

Ryoga

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 13 May 2017 - 10:27 AM

Im sooo happy to see such a great setlist, although I would loveeee to hear her sing again "Winter Love" and "Mamoritai ~White Wishes~"

#1609 bakal3xs

bakal3xs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 718 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 01:22 PM

Some romance news about joo won saying what BoA told him before enlisting to the army~

Joo won: “BoA told me that while [my service] may feel long on one hand, on the other hand, it isn’t such a long time. She told me to come back well and healthy.”

#1610 2boamystar

2boamystar

Always be BoA's fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,824 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 02:44 AM

I had to double check that I was not reading this in a Trolls thread haha. This is minor news so its real :)

I am happy

#1611 robert wright

robert wright

mmm... BoA's cute

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 09:47 PM

By the grace of God, I was able to attend the Friday May 12, 9.30 PM BoA Live at Billboard Live in Tokyo at Tokyo Midtown Garden. This was a very hard ticket to get since my usual great source for BoA tickets was unable to help this time since he handles resale tickets. The ticket could only be obtained by calling in Japanese to Billboard Live then they took your name and gave a reservation number. The wonderful concierge staff at Mandarin Oriental Tokyo called several times during the 2 days before the concert and there was a cancelation so I was able to get reservation "24" and I  ended up in the front by the stage by the guitarist. The venue was nice in that it allowed people to be very close up altho there were people on the second and third floors who apparently also had great views as well. There was actually restaurant service where I was. The place holds about 300 people. BoA looked incredibly beautiful. She looks more and more beautiful every time I get a chance to see her live. She sounded great. The concert lasted about 90 minutes with no costume changes, no back up singers or dancers. BoA did dance with Valenti. She mainly was center stage on a stool and also got up to sing and move around the stage. There were a lot of ballads which seemed to fit the setting.She made sure she waved to everyone including in the upper levels. There were multiple of her Japanese standards. Unfortunately due to my language limitations I could not make a set list and there was no printed one (just the usual handout in Japanese to evaluate the concert). The third or fourth number was a new song in Japanese with words about Jazz in it (at least I never head it before). It was very upbeat with interesting interaction between BoA and the guitarist. She sang in English "You saved the best for last" and  "Am I getting too close?". She did a couple of my favorites "Do the Motion" and "Make a Secret". As always BoA left the stage toward the end, everyone chanted "BoA" and she came back to do an encore "Jewel Song". She talked a lot with the audience in Japanese, a very interactive format. No photography or recoding by audience was allowed. When I attended, it was the last show of this series and the only souvenirs were for BillBoard Live and not specific to BoA. They did have a few of her CDs and DVDs, which I already had, so really no goodies to take home except my limited notes and great memories. I was happy to see at one end of the stage there was at least one camera filming the whole thing. I suspect there were more which I couldn't see from my spot. I hope this means there will be a DVD from Avex, particularly since there were 4 concerts in May and a couple of more coming in June so they could do a compilation of this very different sort of concert for BoA. It was such a happy exciting experience for the live audience so hopefully everyone can relive it on DVD.   

#1612 travoltajc

travoltajc

mmm... BoA's cute

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 01:18 AM

@robert wright

Thank you for sharing. I'm so happy for you that you took the extra effort to get the ticket. BoA will only have less and less concerts in the future so every opportunity to hear her sing nowadays is precious. I've been in your exact situation before so I totally understand how you feel, and it's a feeling that only overseas BoA fans and people who truly appreciate music will understand. When I was reading your post I could envision myself sitting at your spot beside the guitarist, absorbing into every note she would sing and fascinated by her every movement on stage. Cherish that moment! You've been to a place that many people can only dream of!

#1613 BoAMyJewel

BoAMyJewel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 05:19 AM

^thanks for sharing! Its fun to read

Do they sell the regular version CD+DVD of Tail of Hope and Message? I keep getting the first press editions :/ im also looking for Lookbook (CD+DVD B) regular edition, anyone know?

#1614 mylastwishes

mylastwishes

I know BoA*

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 08:59 AM

Anyone knows where can I find the concert audio? Thankyou!

Moon & Sunrise omg. The song that made me a fan.

Close to me & Do the motion too wahhh.

I saw her once during SMTown but she only did 4 songs (even then I was slayed). Wish I'd have the opportunity to go for a full BoA concert one day....

#1615 ShiroiChanUK

ShiroiChanUK

Caddie In Training

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 10:37 AM

I think a couple of you were wondering about this before so here ^^

https://www.soompi.c...hos-solo-stage/

It seems BoA will be performing at the next SMTOWN tour ^^ This isn't a detailed confirmation but the poster does say "all SMTOWN artists" ^^

#1616 BoAMyJewel

BoAMyJewel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 04:53 PM

New japanese song announced! "Right Here, Right Everywhere" no release date tho, only this song will be used as a drama ost

#1617 2boamystar

2boamystar

Always be BoA's fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,824 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 07:09 PM

hmm, i dont like the title of the song haha. but well, i am still looking forward to it

#1618 BoAMyJewel

BoAMyJewel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 09:02 PM

Cant she just release an album already if she already has a ton of songs piled up

#1619 ShiroiChanUK

ShiroiChanUK

Caddie In Training

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 09:35 PM

The title is a little awkward lol Surely a better title would be "Here, There, Everywhere"? Idk lol If it's for a drama then it's probably a ballad ^^ Hopefully it's not another digital single we intl fans will be denied lol

#1620 2boamystar

2boamystar

Always be BoA's fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,824 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 07:57 PM

https://m.youtube.co...e&v=GocRoG_IJnw

Why does BoA always look so old with this kinda make up in Japan?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: BoA, News

2 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users