1693 replies to this topic

#16 ShiroiChanUK

ShiroiChanUK

Caddie In Training

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,218 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 01:31 AM

As long as they donate I don't mind if they do the challenge correctly or not :)

BoA is the 2nd highest paid Korean idol :) http://blog.koreaboo...id-korean-idols

Source: Koreaboo

#17 Kwcty6888

Kwcty6888

My family just disowned me!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,223 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 06:28 AM

As long as they donate I don't mind if they do the challenge correctly or not :)

BoA is the 2nd highest paid Korean idol :) http://blog.koreaboo...id-korean-idols

Source: Koreaboo

Are there sources...? While I'm pretty proud of her, I'm also a little skeptical she's above some major players like G-Dragon and Yoona because BoA hasn't really done anything that nets her as much income these days

#18 moonrabbit

moonrabbit

I can't get BoA off my mind!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 648 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 07:18 AM

Their status should motivate their own fans to donate, not just the Kpop stars themselves. It is called the Ice Bucket Challenge. Still, it's good people around the world are doing it. I've seen Japanese, Chinese, Korean stars doing the challenge.

I don't know how credible the Koreaboo article is but I suppose BoA's SM stocks would make her richer.

#19 hyeminnie

hyeminnie

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 07:39 AM

Their status should motivate their own fans to donate, not just the Kpop stars themselves. It is called the Ice Bucket Challenge. Still, it's good people around the world are doing it. I've seen Japanese, Chinese, Korean stars doing the challenge.

I don't know how credible the Koreaboo article is but I suppose BoA's SM stocks would make her richer.

I thought she sold off her stock shares or am I misremebering ?

#20 MOTOWAYohsixfive

MOTOWAYohsixfive

My girlfriend just dumped me. -_-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,960 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 07:41 AM

^ Last I heard, though, she sold all her shares of SM stock.

Are there sources...? While I'm pretty proud of her, I'm also a little skeptical she's above some major players like G-Dragon and Yoona because BoA hasn't really done anything that nets her as much income these days

I agree. I don't know if this is credible at all because this is the first time I'm hearing about the $25 million house. 

It's also hard to believe that BoA makes a lot of money these days because she rarely gets endorsements. K-pop stars make very little from their music and depend on touring and endorsements for their income. BoA doesn't sell anyway so it's not like she would make money from her music. She hasn't had a major tour in years, not to mention her tours have downsized over the years due to lack of popularity. Yoona has the highest record for CFs this year, and I'm pretty sure BoA only has Missha and Audio Technica (not even sure if this is still going on). If this was ten years ago -- or even 7 years ago -- then yes, I'd believe it. But not in 2014. And not from a site like Koreaboo. lol 

Edited by MOTOWAYohsixfive, 22 August 2014 - 07:42 AM.

#21 moonrabbit

moonrabbit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 648 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 07:43 AM

I thought she sold off her stock shares or am I misremebering ?

If that's the case then my mistake. I don't remember hearing that she sold all her SM stock shares.

Edited by YourSonnetMyLove, 22 August 2014 - 09:09 AM.

#22 orchidjadedx

orchidjadedx

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 468 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 09:05 AM

I'm so glad hyun bin accepted the challenge but sad that there hasn't been anything from Top

#23 ShiroiChanUK

ShiroiChanUK

Caddie In Training

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,218 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 12:31 PM

^ VERBAL accepted the challenge :)

http://ygfamilyy.tum...n-ai-ilmari-for

He nominated AI, G-Dragon & Ilmari :)

#24 rahe

rahe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 587 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 07:42 PM

^ Verbal didn't "accept" BoA's challenge. He did it because some guy challenged him

코스모 커버 걸 보아와 함께한 시간:

♡.♡

#25 Kwcty6888

Kwcty6888

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,223 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 08:22 PM

^ Verbal didn't "accept" BoA's challenge. He did it because some guy challenged him

코스모 커버 걸 보아와 함께한 시간:

♡.♡

Some guy, as in Max Matsuura, the CEO of AVEX haha.

#26 ~SOUL

~SOUL

mmm... BoA's cute

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 08:23 PM

Dunno if anyone posted BoA's translation
"Hello this is BoA. I`m gonna accept the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge by EXO Suho. I hope to bring ALS patients some strength through this. My next nominations are actor Hyun Bin oppa, Big Bang's TOP and m-flo's Verbal-san. Thank you!" cr:@BoAChiara

I'm surprised about Hyun Bin, didn't know they were close. I'm guessing they knew each other through Yeon Hee. 

"Hello, this is Hyun Bin. I was nominated by BoA, so here I am participating. I hope to bring even if it’s just a little awareness to the plight suffered by ALS patients.”

#27 moonrabbit

moonrabbit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 648 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 07:55 AM

BIGBANG’S T.O.P, Akdong Musician, 2PM’s Nichkhun and others have decided to opt out of participating in the ALS “ICE BUCKET CHALLENGE” and have instead chosen to donate.
In messages posted on BIGBANG and Akdong Musician’s Facebook pages, the three artists explained that they would not be participating in the challenge but rather donating money to the foundation instead.

They urged fans to also look into supporting two foundations, the ALS Korea Association and the Hope Foundation.

2PM’s Nichkhun left a similar message on his Twitter, saying he did not wish to waste water and would instead be donating to the cause.

The three join hundreds of other celebrities who have joined in on supporting ALS and creating awareness to help find a cure.

Read more at Omona They Didnt: http://omonatheydidn...l#ixzz3BEOPI4Yc

Haha Too bad I don't get to see T.O.P wet but as long as he still donates, it's still good. Go to the link to see his response pic. I am confused as to how to post pics in this forum.

Edited by YourSonnetMyLove, 23 August 2014 - 09:41 AM.

#28 rahe

rahe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 587 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 10:35 AM

^ yay! He did mention BoA!

Edited by rahe, 23 August 2014 - 01:16 PM.

#29 hyeminnie

hyeminnie

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 06:19 PM

Only One (Dance version) is nearing 20 million!!

#30 Kwcty6888

Kwcty6888

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,223 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 07:22 PM

Happy 14th anniversary to BoA! Looks like fans have donated a well in Cambodia in her honor! :D

http://blog.koreaboo...ary-fans-donate

A bit random, but does anyone know what happened to her major Korean fansite, Uriboa? I remember we used to get all of our updates from them but suddenly they disappeared and I can't find their website anymore?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: BoA, News

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users