1652 replies to this topic

#31 moonrabbit

moonrabbit

I can't get BoA off my mind!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 648 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 08:11 PM

Here's hoping for more years of music from BoA, my number one idol! The site (boa-nation) that I rely on for BoA lyrics has disappeared, too.

#32 Ryoga

Ryoga

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 01:46 AM

Happy 14th anniversary to BoA! Looks like fans have donated a well in Cambodia in her honor! :D

http://blog.koreaboo...ary-fans-donate

A bit random, but does anyone know what happened to her major Korean fansite, Uriboa? I remember we used to get all of our updates from them but suddenly they disappeared and I can't find their website anymore?

I wanted to ask the same thing, all I know it has disappeard for a couple of months now.. does anyone know?

#33 2boamystar

2boamystar

Always be BoA's fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,804 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 03:05 AM

Happy 14th Anniversary :) Hope there will be many more years to come :)

#34 Kwcty6888

Kwcty6888

My family just disowned me!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,213 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 05:32 AM

Random thought: would we be big enough of a fansite to organize something like the well donation? I know our site alone is probably enough, but if we advertised it and got donations from other fansites and other kpop sites? Would it be feasible?

#35 celbel

celbel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 08:10 AM

Random thought: would we be big enough of a fansite to organize something like the well donation? I know our site alone is probably enough, but if we advertised it and got donations from other fansites and other kpop sites? Would it be feasible?

Oh yeh. We could do something like that for BoA's birthday!

#36 Kwcty6888

Kwcty6888

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,213 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 07:25 PM

Oh yeh. We could do something like that for BoA's birthday!

Not sure if birthday might be too soon, but next year is 15th anniversary! I think it'd be cool to do something special ^^

#37 hinachan

hinachan

Spending too much time online ^_^

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,467 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 08:38 PM

Sadly, this forum is so dead that there's really no need to combine threads anymore. Individual threads make it easier to see each news story ( = the subject line), rather than having to wade through a whole bunch of posts just to see the individual stories. :)

#38 Kwcty6888

Kwcty6888

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,213 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 08:12 PM

So apparently BoA was on a Chinese variety show called Strongest Group?? The show is also hosted by Victoria of f(x) and Zhou Mi of Suju M.

https://www.youtube....bed/zY87lJJKWGE

Kind of random imo?? What is she doing in China when she has a Japanese album release coming up @_@

It's currently unsubbed but if there's any parts people want me to translate, you can request a time in the video and I can get back to you soon.

So I guess I'll just summarize any new info as I go. She says she doesn't get many jobs as the newly appointed creative director position but gets a company card to treat her juniors to eat haha.

Edited by Kwcty6888, 31 August 2014 - 08:40 PM.

#39 ShiroiChanUK

ShiroiChanUK

Caddie In Training

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,202 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 08:17 PM

^ This was the show I mentioned quite a while back :) It was filmed quite a while ago now so don't worry about her Japanese promotions :)

#40 Kwcty6888

Kwcty6888

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,213 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 08:42 PM

Ohhh that makes sense. I'm really confused about this show because I've never heard of it before. But apparently a lot of SM groups starred on the show...? 

Her random Chinese is pretty cute haha. 

Sorry I'm just kind of editing posts as I watch the show.

She said Atlantis Princess is her least favorite era because she hates seeing how chubby she was LOL

When asked what are her favorite songs (out of the ones she's sung) by Victoria, she answered ones she's written herself, particularly Only One because it's almost like an attachment because she remembers how much work and time was put in, so it's almost like her child.

Wait she gifted them a candle she made...?? I want one!

Edited by Kwcty6888, 31 August 2014 - 09:04 PM.

#41 ShiroiChanUK

ShiroiChanUK

Caddie In Training

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,202 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 08:44 PM

^ I'd never heard of it either since I don't follow the other stars of SM as much as I follow BoA but I assume it's a show where SM promote their Chinese members? :)

#42 Ryoga

Ryoga

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 01:51 AM

thanks for posting, I didnt know this female korean comedian mc could speak chinese, i like her a lot shes in many korean variety shows. Shes awesome.

hate the fact that they cut the every heart part of the top5 segment! Didnt expect it to be there.

#43 ~SOUL

~SOUL

mmm... BoA's cute

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 03:55 AM

A couple of articles from bits of the Chinese show:

BoA Reveals She Owns an SM Entertainment Company Card Used to Buy Food for Juniors 

http://www.soompi.co...od-for-juniors/

BoA Reveals She Almost Fell Off a Cliff During 'Atlantis Princess' MV Filiming

http://mwave.interes...bout-mv-fimling

Edited by ~SOUL, 01 September 2014 - 03:56 AM.

#44 moonrabbit

moonrabbit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 648 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 07:36 AM

I heard about that Chinese show that SM artists were going to be in but I've been waiting for someone to sub it.

Wow if BoA's chubby during Atlantis Princess then the rest of the world must be morbidly obese. Actually I don't like that song out of all her singles. She was so cute running with the kids in the MV.

Edited by YourSonnetMyLove, 01 September 2014 - 07:44 AM.

#45 celbel

celbel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 03:43 PM

^ I know right! I loved how she looked during that era. I think she looked healthy and happy. And she was so young still, its quite normal to have a bit of lingering baby fat. And atlantis princess was a lovely MV. I wonder where exactly in Australia it was filmed? I know it says country New South Wales, but NSW is quite large!!!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: BoA, News

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users