9 replies to this topic

#1 JustinPerky

JustinPerky

My girlfriend just dumped me. -_-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,405 posts

Posted 14 September 2014 - 09:11 PM

BoA may be facing 50 million KRW (approximately 48,000 USD) in fines for illegally developing land.

BoA and her father bought 4600㎡ of land in Namyangju back in February 2004 and in August 2009. In 2005, they fixed the 66㎡ management office already on the land and converted the 99㎡ farming storage into houses, and BoA's father has been living on the land since 7-8 years ago.

The problem lies in the fact that the land she bought is part of Korea's Green Belt, land that is protected under strict laws regarding changing the soil, building or extending buildings. The management offices built on the Green Belt can only be used to store agricultural tools, or be used temporarily for breaks.

The city of Namyangju received reports that most of the land was being developed illegally and set forth an investigation. After finding about 10 violations, the city reported BoA and her father to the police. BoA's father is accused of connecting the management office and storage by a rain sheltering installation and then using both as a residence. Not only so, but he broke the Green Belt agricultural laws by changing the forest area to about 600㎡ of garden with lawn grass and also building a large pavilion in front of the house.

The case is still ongoing, we will keep you posted on any additional developments.

Uh oh. 

#2 rahe

rahe

I can't get BoA off my mind!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 14 September 2014 - 09:39 PM

I saw it on allkpop
14 years of career and BoA is having her first scandal!
I hope she'll handle the situation well respecting the law unlike some YG idols

#3 mrsmushroomlee

mrsmushroomlee

I'm an official BoA fan!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 06:15 AM

Really? That's awful :T hope everything works out fine

#4 Lily

Lily

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 589 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 06:32 AM

Yeah I really can't believe she's the one having a scandal after so many years! I know it sounds terrible but honestly, I'm glad it's something like this and not something like "BoA was caught distributing drugs" or "BoA was caught drunk driving", you know? It's not that breaking the law in this way is okay, I'm just glad it isn't something that is harmful or significantly worse than just building on land.

At first I was hoping that her agent or her father's agent who handled the closing paperwork on their land just didn't tell them about the rule but after reading Koreaboo's article on how it seems like the house was built inside of the "agricultural" building, it sounds like the intent was to hide it all along =/ If that IS the case, I don't understand why they couldn't have just built property in a location where it was allowed? Is the view and landscape in Namyangju really THAT nice?

#5 superlita

superlita

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,227 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 05:31 PM

Not much backlash as a I expected. Seems like the penalty was already paid?

NB (translation):

1. [+638, -54] BoA's father is at fault

2. [+559, -58] I get that people can make small mistakes... but why do celebrities make such huge mistakes like this all the time? They have the money to consult with someone who knows about these things before going ahead with something so big. 

3. [+416, -28] They're going to get hit with a huge penalty because Green Belt is very fussy with the law

4. [+77, -29] This isn't BoA's fault, it's her father's. It's because of her father that the house was put up for auction and BoA made the money to buy it back. This was in 2004 when she was still a kid. Antis, that house is under her father's name, not BoA's. 

5. [+76, -34] That house is the one BoA lived in since she was a child and it was put up for auction because they couldn't afford it. BoA bought it back. And it's not like they purposely built it like that, they paid the penalty fee after finding out that it was illegal. The article is instigating hate. 

Edited by superlita, 16 September 2014 - 05:32 PM.

#6 2boamystar

2boamystar

Always be BoA's fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 10:08 PM

Yea, I find that the authors of the article just want to stir up stories about celebrities to earn money. I think BoA is not at fault, and as long as the fine is paid, it should be fine. They just put the name BoA and the word fine to catch the attention. 

It looks like the fans are not reacting in a very negative way, thankfully. 

#7 usako

usako

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 11:31 PM

suprise the netizen defend her..so happy to see positive comment :)

btw anyone here can understand korean?here article about BoA's house

http://news.nate.com.../20140917n03156

21e2d12.jpg

Her house so big...i means the garden..wow

#8 BoAMyJewel

BoAMyJewel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 01:55 AM

her house looks like the final form of Harvest Moon's farm

#9 2boamystar

2boamystar

Always be BoA's fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 04:20 AM

WOW, her house looks like a place I want to live in haha :) Nice and peaceful place :)

#10 moonrabbit

moonrabbit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 657 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 11:32 AM

Look at that fancy gate.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users