201411061112_41210008832192_1.jpg

#2 bakal3xs

bakal3xs

I can't get BoA off my mind!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 847 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 09:18 PM

I dont think she had time to do big surgery with her schedule its impossible. Only things she maybe did is injection but then it wont last. So what change is angle of picture+ her bangs (hair cut can change face a lot)+ maybe injection of silicone or smth.

#3 celbel

celbel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 09:44 PM

Yeh chill people. It's most likely just her makeup and getting used to new hair. The way her eyeliner is done makes her eyes look rounder also and people underestimate how much bangs can change the way you look. I agree her face looks a bit more bloated then usual, but hey she might just be tired or eaten a lot of salty food etc and retained some water in her face. it happens. Those stupid articles about how she looks unrecognizable just irks me. Also, for all her acting works she seems to tone down her makeup and dress quite conservatively - and then without fail she apparently looks 'old' to netizens. Wait and see there will be some photo soon and she'll look completely different once again!

#4 BoA_rocks_in_english

BoA_rocks_in_english

The Unbiased BoA Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,011 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 10:49 PM

Honestly haven't really recognized her much since Shout It Out, it's usually the makeup that makes her look like someone else..she looks like BoA again in the fly PV.

#5 bakal3xs

bakal3xs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 847 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 10:50 PM

Yeah people are dumb. Like when shout it out was released they said wow cant reconize her too much surgery.. just because they photoshop her skin very white +make up+ lot of light lolol

#6 ShiroiChanUK

ShiroiChanUK

My girlfriend just dumped me. -_-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 03:28 AM

Before I go into what I think I'd just like to say something. I know we're not meant to be talking about this here but I have to say it would be nice if we could do so even if it's just once. I can't speak for anyone else but I'm the type of person who when given the opportunity to talk about something that's generally considered taboo I'll say my piece and then unless it's absolutely necessary I more than likely won't bring it up again. Conversation and debate is healthy after all. I also think it'd be nice to talk about this sort of thing with reasonable people for a change rather than a lot of the people on the allkpop forums...

I personally think that she did get surgery but the non permanent kind because one minute she'll look like herself, the next minute I'll hardly recognise her but then she'll go back to looking like herself again. I know that sometimes that could be to do with make-up but over the past few months I've noticed something about her that is very noticeable when it comes to people who've had some sort of surgery done to the face. She's been lacking the ability to smile properly. Normally she has this big beautiful smile but over the past few months her smile and overall facial expressions have been very stiff.

#7 2boamystar

2boamystar

Always be BoA's fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 05:31 AM

^ She did have big smile recently. If you need evidence, i can give you :)

but anyway, i can still recognise BoA, but she does look a bit different with the bang. other than that, in other pictures from the same press conference, she looks perfectly fine. The netizens just happened to choose this photo to flame BoA

#8 ShiroiChanUK

ShiroiChanUK

My girlfriend just dumped me. -_-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 07:38 AM

^ That's OK I don't need it at this point, she looks perfectly fine the the MV for FLY :)

#9 ~Milestone~

~Milestone~

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 07:45 AM

I have an account over at that site, and I honestly think people are overreacting. 

#10 Coreax

Coreax

I'm an official BoA fan!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 11:46 AM

She tries a new hairstyle and wears different shades of makeup and everybody boards the "surgery bandwagon"... Am I the only one who sees the issue with this? Why is everyone so fixated on her appearance? You would be surprised how much an appearance can change just by altering one's hair. Let alone makeup's sole purpose is to enhance one's beauty and can do so in many ways. You can accent so many different facial features at different times depending on the style you're trying to achieve.

At the end of the day, it's BoA's life and only BoA's life. Why don't we stop focusing on what she looks like and just be grateful for all she does for us. She works too damn hard for people to just pay attention to what she looks like and then assume that it's from surgery...

She still looks like the same BoA that I've recognized for 9 years in the above picture. I think people tend to forget that age also plays a part in obtaining a more mature, distinguished face. She's 28 now, she's not going to look the same forever. For all of you breaking the rules and discussing surgery, why don't you all go read more about cosmetology and how it can dramatically alter one's appearance?

#11 sweetsora2

sweetsora2

I'm an official BoA fan!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 09:41 PM

as a fan when i read those hateful comments i feel hurt n annoyed,really knetz n inetz is all the same...

BoA looks old,different,i can't recognize her..this and that!!

BoA must be suffer a lot with those comments,but lucky she's a strong woman :)

they all only focus on one pic n decided to judge based on ONE Picture only.smh!!

maybe the journalist who wrote that stupid article is BoA anti.

now i know why avex give her plain n simple cover for "Who's Back" ..

bcs they want those peoples to shut up n take a look..nothing wrong with her face n she still looks like the same BoA.

after they all comments abt her look on SIO n Masayume Chasing cover..geezzz.

#12 celbel

celbel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 10:25 PM

It's really annoying also because apparently some of BoA's fan clubs in Korea gave food and drinks to the reporters at the press conference and then they go and write such trash articles about BoA! Grrrr..

#13 Roly Poly

Roly Poly

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 10:37 PM

Before I go into what I think I'd just like to say something. I know we're not meant to be talking about this here but I have to say it would be nice if we could do so even if it's just once. I can't speak for anyone else but I'm the type of person who when given the opportunity to talk about something that's generally considered taboo I'll say my piece and then unless it's absolutely necessary I more than likely won't bring it up again. Conversation and debate is healthy after all. I also think it'd be nice to talk about this sort of thing with reasonable people for a change rather than a lot of the people on the allkpop forums...

I personally think that she did get surgery but the non permanent kind because one minute she'll look like herself, the next minute I'll hardly recognise her but then she'll go back to looking like herself again. I know that sometimes that could be to do with make-up but over the past few months I've noticed something about her that is very noticeable when it comes to people who've had some sort of surgery done to the face. She's been lacking the ability to smile properly. Normally she has this big beautiful smile but over the past few months her smile and overall facial expressions have been very stiff.

THANK YOU! Why CAN'T we talk about it? So that it doesn't become just another quickly closed "BoA had surgery" thread or shot down post? I'm tired of not talking about it because I feel like it needs to be said at least once also. Besides, being a good fan is like being a good friend: it's being able to tell your friend, "That makes you look fat," when they put on something that makes them look fat.

To those people who always respond, "Oh, it's her body! Why is it so bad?" that's true, but the other truth is that besides this topic on BoA being taboo, SURGERY is also considered taboo. Just the way people ask, "How can you act Black?" DUH! By being the stereotypical BLACK behavior and personality that black people are shown to have: ghetto and cool, until you burst their bubble and they get short-tempered and ratchet on you. And it's not that all black people are like this or that this is the definition of being a a black person, but we all know that description is what "acting black" means. People know this, but they try to hide it from themselves just because they don't want to be "bad" and be a "stereotyper" or because they're just plain hiding from what they know deep down inside. The half truth is that stereotyping is bad - but the other half is that they're stereotypes for a reason; because most of the time, it's true. So stop denying what we all know - it IS her body, but generally speaking we all feel somewhere inside of ourselves that surgery is "wrong". It's one of the underlying universal human beliefs that we all share with each other that's unspoken. Why do you think surgery is such a big deal to people all the time? And that excuse about her not having the time? That excuse has been run down by every k-pop fan in history and continuing. Other K-pop idols are just as busy, but we all know they obviously found the time to get surgery done and find some sort of excuse or make-up to cover themselves behind.

As much as I love BoA and tried to mask myself into believing she could never do surgery because she's too much of a dignified, sophisticated, strong-willed and beliefs kind of iron woman, self-feminist (see where I'm going with the "we all know surgery is wrong" thing?), I no longer lie to myself that it could be a possibility that she has had work done, or does work. Does that mean that I think she got surgery? No, but I'm not gonna mark her as innocent either. We'll NEVER know. What started to bother me was when I noticed how her jaw line minimized and how her chin got thinner during "Only One". Maybe she got surgery, maybe she lost weight. Either one is highly possible. But, WE'LL NEVER KNOW. And if she did get surgery, it's okay.

And as for her appearance for the reasoning of this thread, I think it was just her hair and the way her make-up was done. I mean, when was the last time we saw BoA in bangs, and at THIS age? Those changes can really make a difference. But WHO KNOWS? Maybe she did do something to her face. When idols and/or celebrities start looking oddly different away from the make-up, there's no reason not to question whether or not they got surgery, especially since this is Korea we're talking about, and people question it because we all know that it's considered a wrong act. So for this once that we can actually talk about it, please stop hiding from the truth.

Edited by Roly Poly, 07 November 2014 - 10:45 PM.

#14 bakal3xs

bakal3xs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 847 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 12:17 AM

Actualy those behind their camputer (atleast in korea) giving hareful comment r just these korean who r jealous n cant afford surgery.. in korea they all do it, its like normal topic. My friends sometimes talk like "oh im thinking about doing this" same that "oh im thinking about cut my hair" its different culture for them nothing wrong. For western it is. Especialy in entertainment. I know some quickly some celebrities (always easier in gay world to get in touch with some haha) even a voice actor who is not famous his company paid him surgery for change all his teeth (almost all celebrities did some or all teeth thats why so perfect smile ha) im actualy thinking to do it too for some haha anyway just talk all this to say people pls dont care about hateful comment they r from people who have problem with their own face but cant afford to change it. All other korean doesnt care if she did or not surgery

#15 2boamystar

2boamystar

Always be BoA's fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 03:45 AM

Did not we come across many photos in the past that BoA looked totally different? Those photoshoots with weird make up, weird hair style and all? She had tons of photos that she "did not look like herself". Why the problem now? And why is it a problem in the first place? It was just the style and the make up.

I came across other photos long time ago in the past that I really could not recognise BoA, but it did not mean that I would think she did plastic surgery. . This photo, I still recognised her very well. Again, even though i didn't recognise her in some photos in the past, i still did not think she had some work done. It was the style, and the make up.

For this incidence, netizens are just to quick to make judgement. Did they bother checking other photos of BoA recently, like her FLY MV? She looks perfectly normal.

I still see BoA's natural beauty here and there, especially without make up. Therefore, I don't doubt her. She is the true beauty. Her face changed, yes I agree but I believe it is just aging. Those netizens need to Go and compare their photo when they were 14-15 yo with their 27-28 yo photo, or they don't have the 27-28 yo photo cos they are just too young and immature...

Edited by 2boamystar, 08 November 2014 - 03:47 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users