53 replies to this topic

#16 sweetsora2

sweetsora2

I'm an official BoA fan!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 05:30 AM

well..i'm her fans n i do think she did PS on the past,come on we talk about SM..almost SM artist did surgery small or big procedures (no offense)

but it really annoyed me so bad when they talk like BoA is obsess with PS n she did it multiple times.

i guess chin fillers,botox injections kind of normal for idols..

but if its BoA,wow..they talk like it's a bad thing.

this not the first time i read negative comments on koreans site abt her face..sigh.

for me she looks beautiful,young,healthy n natural when promote Only One..

n her recent pic,maybe she just gain weight so her face looks more chubby with the bangs n the angle of the pic didn't help either.

#17 orchidjadedx

orchidjadedx

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 468 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 07:37 AM

Boa just looks like Boa.

Edited by orchidjadedx, 08 November 2014 - 07:37 AM.

#18 hinachan

hinachan

I miss my mom so much....

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,472 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 05:23 PM

Before I go into what I think I'd just like to say something. I know we're not meant to be talking about this here but I have to say it would be nice if we could do so even if it's just once.

She has had the V-chin surgery done (Google it, look at the pictures), and a nose job as well. Normally, I couldn't care less if someone has surgery, but someone as gorgeous as BoA DID NOT NEED IT. She's nowhere near as pretty as she used to be, with her softly dimpled (SQUARE!) chin and cute little nose. People in the West have surgery to get a chin that looks like hers used to, and she had it changed. Now she looks like every other cookie-cutter K-pop star. It's like spray-painting over the Mona Lisa...WHY? :(

Before anyone says you can't compare adult BoA to teenage BoA, nobody's doing that. BoA's chin and nose only changed very recently, during the "Only One" era. Nobody's face changes that radically in their mid-20's. :)

And before anyone says I'm hating on BoA, I'm absolutely not doing that. I'm saying that she's a victim of how South Korean society can even pressure someone as pretty as BoA into having completely unnecessary surgery. Guys are pressured into it, as well. Not just singers/actors, but even ordinary people are made to think they have to look perfect to get ahead in their careers. It's utterly ridiculous, and so many people are being disfigured or even killed when operations go wrong. I'm not hating on any of these people going under the knife. I'm sad for them.

Edited by hinachan, 08 November 2014 - 05:39 PM.

#19 moonrabbit

moonrabbit

I can't get BoA off my mind!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 657 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 06:19 PM

Hinachan, you took out all the words out of my mouth and mind. BoA was absolutely beautiful. She looked just fine and I can actually tell her apart from other women in Kpop. The more Koreans people do plastic surgery, the more I cannot tell them apart and that's not a good thing. Red Velvet is a perfect example of this and so was the Korean drama, Surplus Princess in which I couldn't tell one long haired actress from another. I don't say this to insult BoA's home country, I am merely pointing out that people should accept their own looks and just because their chin isn't knife sharp or their nose isn't tall, doesn't mean they're ugly.

Edited by YourSonnetMyLove, 08 November 2014 - 06:23 PM.

#20 MOTOWAYohsixfive

MOTOWAYohsixfive

My girlfriend just dumped me. -_-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,960 posts

Posted 09 November 2014 - 12:45 PM

^ ^ Agree with you both. Other K-pop stars improved with surgery, BoA declined.

The problem with BoA is not that she got surgery (or that she appears to have gotten surgery -- for all those in denial), but that her surgeries (or her supposed surgeries) generate more attention than her actual music and activities. At least for other celebrities, both their music and plastic work get talked about. But for BoA, no one really cares about her unless it's related to surgery. 

#21 ShiroiChanUK

ShiroiChanUK

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 09 November 2014 - 02:23 PM

^ That's because she was already beautiful and didn't need any work whether it's permanent or not.

#22 MOTOWAYohsixfive

MOTOWAYohsixfive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,960 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 01:46 AM

I mean, that might explain why people talk about her surgeries (I agree: she was beautiful and didn't need it), but it doesn't explain why people don't care about her actual work. lol What I'm saying is that, she only gets attention when it's surgery/something negative, but very few pay attention to her actual music. That's the difference between her and other K-pop surgery cases. 

#23 ShiroiChanUK

ShiroiChanUK

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 07:48 AM

^ Well throughout the internet (mostly YouTube) there are a lot of comments referring to BoA as "old" and saying that "she should retire". These aren't comments that appear every so often, they appear quite frequently. It seems that a lot of people think she's outdated. This might not be the sole explanation as to why people don't talk about her music often but it's certainly a contributing factor.

Edited by ShiroiChanUK, 12 November 2014 - 07:55 AM.

#24 BoAMyJewel

BoAMyJewel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 08:11 AM

everybody gets a botox injection, even the non popular celebs get it, it's only normal, even my ex had injections, thats why I said its normal, when you live around celebs, yes, its considered a normal thing, botox is like, dentist for regular people, we go there prob once a year

appearance is not a big deal, she can do surgery if she wants, (but please not donnatella kinda thing) as long as she's still making music, people who's focused at the slightest change in her face are just way too much, our faces are everchanging, when we gain weight, etc.. plus angle really matters when it comes to proportion, I still have her poster from L&H Album and her nose doesn't change a bit in some pictures, so I assume when it looks sharper its only a matter of angle, plus, have you guys seen her father and brothers? their nose are way pointier than her, so yes I'm pretty sure it's genetic

I'm so fed up with those prudes, what is it? the eighties?

#25 ShiroiChanUK

ShiroiChanUK

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 09:03 AM

^ I agree, too much fuss is being made. The reason I took notice of BoA's drastic change in appearance is because she didn't need surgery but unlike a lot of other people I'm not going to throw a temper tantrum or post negative things because of it.

Plastic surgery is very normal, even outside the entertainment industry. There are actually some cities in the UK where the people are "proud to be fake" (their words not mine).

I really like that despite the fact that this subject is considered "taboo" this whole thread has been very civil :)

Edited by ShiroiChanUK, 12 November 2014 - 09:04 AM.

#26 hyeminnie

hyeminnie

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 01:38 PM

She has had the V-chin surgery done (Google it, look at the pictures), and a nose job as well. Normally, I couldn't care less if someone has surgery, but someone as gorgeous as BoA DID NOT NEED IT. She's nowhere near as pretty as she used to be, with her softly dimpled (SQUARE!) chin and cute little nose. People in the West have surgery to get a chin that looks like hers used to, and she had it changed. Now she looks like every other cookie-cutter K-pop star. It's like spray-painting over the Mona Lisa...WHY? :(

Before anyone says you can't compare adult BoA to teenage BoA, nobody's doing that. BoA's chin and nose only changed very recently, during the "Only One" era. Nobody's face changes that radically in their mid-20's. :)

And before anyone says I'm hating on BoA, I'm absolutely not doing that. I'm saying that she's a victim of how South Korean society can even pressure someone as pretty as BoA into having completely unnecessary surgery. Guys are pressured into it, as well. Not just singers/actors, but even ordinary people are made to think they have to look perfect to get ahead in their careers. It's utterly ridiculous, and so many people are being disfigured or even killed when operations go wrong. I'm not hating on any of these people going under the knife. I'm sad for them.

What if she wasn't pressured? What if she's just vain? It's obvious she isn't the type to go out with no makeup on and baggy clothes every day or take less than flattering pictures of herself. She could just think she isn't as pretty as she could look and that's why she got surgery. It doesn't have to make sense to anyone but herself.

#27 moonrabbit

moonrabbit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 657 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 02:02 PM

I mean, that might explain why people talk about her surgeries (I agree: she was beautiful and didn't need it), but it doesn't explain why people don't care about her actual work. lol What I'm saying is that, she only gets attention when it's surgery/something negative, but very few pay attention to her actual music. That's the difference between her and other K-pop surgery cases. 

I understand where you're coming from though there's an old saying "Any press is good press." Even if they're only talking about her changing face (to my extreme chagrin), they are still acknowledging her existence. There are plenty of Kpop artists who aren't mentioned anymore like Dambi or even Lee Soo Young, the former K-ballad queen.

The thing about BoA's music is that it's old school  R&B and pop style which I still adore. However, there are other artists like G-Dragon, Jolin Tsai, Namie Amuro that try new things like new looks, new gimmicks, new music. I love the musical direction that BoA took for the Only One album because it was mature and free of gimmicks. She only wanted to be herself, no heavy make-up or flower headdresses. The problem is that most people want the gimmick, the repetitive music, the colorful costumes and the addicting dance moves.

Edited by YourSonnetMyLove, 12 November 2014 - 02:04 PM.

#28 2boamystar

2boamystar

Always be BoA's fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 05:06 PM

^ I concur with you! I don't want BoA to try all those crazy music. Her music is so pure and beautiful. I am sick and tired of the new music full of meaningless repetitions, electric sound etc.

#29 BoAMyJewel

BoAMyJewel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 06:38 PM

^I did it for love was repetitive, but it was good, I don't mind a crazy change in her music as long she's not singing about anaconda or smth

#30 celbel

celbel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 06:57 PM

^I did it for love was repetitive, but it was good, I don't mind a crazy change in her music as long she's not singing about anaconda or smth

Totally agree! BoA has the capability to do pretty much anything. As long as she keeps it classy and doesn't turn into a twerking, try hard, overly sexualised mess who just songs about butts and partying I'll be happy and support her.

I don't care for all this talk about her face. No one knows the truth really anyways so as long there's nothing drastic that changes I'll give her the benefit of a doubt and just not go there. It's her face anyways, what she does or doesn't do with it is her choice.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users