53 replies to this topic

#46 2boamystar

2boamystar

Always be BoA's fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 06:42 PM

lol Even beauties like BoA can have an off picture like that! She looks exhausted in that picture. This was before whatever she did to her face (chin injections, shaved chin possibly). I just ask that she doesn't go overboard. I don't mind if people get PS, I get concerned when they do it too much. Sometimes an individual gets addicted to PS thinking that they're not pretty enough, destroying themselves in the process.

My sentiments exactly!

#47 BoAMyJewel

BoAMyJewel

I can't get BoA off my mind!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 15 November 2014 - 04:43 AM

This gets really old,

EDIT: I wonder why no one is attacking her halloween picture, she looks different there too

LOL get over it

Edited by BoAMyJewel, 16 November 2014 - 08:25 AM.

#48 leopxt

leopxt

I'm an official BoA fan!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 05:07 PM

I wonder WHAT THE HELL some people have in mind? Just because she is super pretty, she can't have a bad picture? LOL In this case specifically it was obviously a picture with a bad angle. If you look to the other pictures of the same day she looks exactly the same. I'm a photographer and I'm sorry to be the one who's gonna ruin your fairy tail but... Yes! Beautiful people can definitely come out "ugly" in some pictures too. If they don't, it will always have someone to manipulate a couple of images trying to make the public believe that it's a big deal, create some type of scandal, bring chaos to the fans and things like this.

I know that some BoA fans don't like to compare Britney and her in nothing, but this reminds me a lot when practically all the magazines in the world were publishing bad news about Britney and manipulating her images. It's useless to complain, some people (even the fans) will always say "OMG! So true! She doesn't look like herself anymore!" without even look to the other pictures or read the notice in other place. It's not that surprising when someone who saw her one time a few years ago or someone who doesn't follow her career say that, but it's just a shame to see the fans fighting among themselves because such a trivial thing like this.

I'm not even get into the issue of whether she did or not surgery because that will not change anything in my life. If she did, good job, she still pretty she could actually indicate the place to Bom lol. I'm not her fan because of her beauty, I'm her fan despite that! Her beauty is just a plus. She can dance, she can sing, she can dance AND sing... It's more than enough to me.

Now, as a longtime Britney fan too, I'm gonna give an advice to some people here: don't believe in everything that you see, especially on the internet.  ;)

#49 2boamystar

2boamystar

Always be BoA's fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 17 November 2014 - 11:47 PM

^ Bravo! great point you gave over there :) Thanks for voicing out :)

#50 celbel

celbel

I can't get BoA off my mind!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 640 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 01:47 PM

Just watched this old performance of BoA. She's wearing her hair similar to the way she has in the last year or 2, when it was brown and with no fringe. And seriously, she pretty much looks exactly the same still! Only difference is she's skinnier now.

030909 BoA - Atlantis Princess & Milky Way:

Edited by celbel, 21 November 2014 - 01:50 PM.

#51 2boamystar

2boamystar

Always be BoA's fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 05:59 PM

Some people are just ridiculous to base their argument on one photo only. They never bother going through other photos or videos of different events and everything. Normal people like us do have pictures that look unglam or make us look so different.

People are so quick to point fingers. Million times when BoA looks like herself, why people never say anything? It's just that one time that people start to make a big fuss out of it. 

And yes, when I compare BoA's photos now and then, I see no difference. Please remember that make-up can do wonders...it can turn one person to another completely different person...

#52 Roly Poly

Roly Poly

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 09:43 AM

Hyori is 35 and yet I don't see much people commenting that she's too old and needs to retire.

The thing about Hyori, though, is that she's...hot. She's Korea's 'Queen of Sexy', and as long as she's still hot, sexy, and young looking, no body cares how old she gets. And, seriously, Hyori is pretty good looking, especially for her age, which is why no one complains and I don't blame them. She's one of those lucky few who may actually look even better as they age, especially for being a woman, so people are impressed; not bothered.

BoA, on the other hand, is seen more as a performer along with the other idols. Hyori is in music as well, but the other half of her career is her physical appearance. Although BoA is attractive, too, her overall image is more of a serious, mature performer. A soloist who has been in music since she was a kid. Her main category is performer/artist/idol. And she's not the only one, so over the years she's going to get competition. And not to be rude, but BoA's aging is much more obvious than Hyori's. And though BoA is a legend, it's easy to be labeled as "old" in the music industry as other newcomers come along. Hyori, on the other hand, is a hard one to replace. Not everyone is as sexy as she is. It takes a certain look and a lot of credit to become a sexy icon. It also takes your own personal appeal that matches with that sexiness to appeal to others as sexy and hot as a staple. Basically...its's very rare to be in Hyori's spot and she's still at it, even at 35, and that's cool. Not that it's not cool for BoA to be where she is at her age, it definitely is, but it's different when you're a music artist VS. a sexy icon.

Edited by Roly Poly, 22 November 2014 - 09:45 AM.

#53 superlita

superlita

My girlfriend just dumped me. -_-

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,225 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 08:57 PM

^Honestly, I've seen Hyori getting gripe about her age and people telling her to retire more so than BoA, especially by k-netz because of her lack of talent and more recently because of her change in lifestyle (i.e. holistic, hipster chic).

I've given up defending BoA, only because I can't be bothered dealing with idiots who already have a fixed impression about her. They're missing out. Yes I do think she's gotten minor work done, but I don't care. 

I'm really done with this subject, let's move on.

#54 J0A

J0A

Who's BoA?

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 01:10 PM

I blame the internet of all things. This virtual product of "Group thinking" is detrimental to me as a newcomer and to existing members as well.

*Edit*

Ugh, sometimes I don't know what the hell I am typing. I must be going blind.

Anyways, I believe cleverness will win in this category of things.

Edited by J0A, 20 January 2015 - 11:02 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users