230 replies to this topic

#181 rahe

rahe

I can't get BoA off my mind!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 08 March 2015 - 03:33 PM

^ 50k - 60k? Most girlgroups are barely selling this much...
Let's hope for another good 30k ^.^
It would be amazing if she sells 40k ♡

#182 celbel

celbel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 08 March 2015 - 03:36 PM

^ I agree anything above 30k in Korea would be great! But you never know! And I'd really rather her do really well on the digital charts in Korea as that seems to mean that the general public likes her music.

Edited by celbel, 09 March 2015 - 01:44 AM.

#183 superlita

superlita

My girlfriend just dumped me. -_-

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,226 posts

Posted 08 March 2015 - 04:15 PM

@rahe I'm hoping for her sales to be on par with "Hurricane Venus" which sold well over 55k.

Although "Only One" did well, selling 34k+, I felt it didn't do as well physically because the hype was lost after a not so great previous album. "Hurricane Venus" was a let down and lacking compared to "Only One", but I think the hype has returned.

Aside from the Jumpings supporting her, on top of the general public (if her digital sales are any indication)– she definitely has gained more exposure among the new younger generation fans after "Only One".

But yes, realistically we should expect 30k at the most, which will still be considered a successul amount sold. She would be second after IU, in terms of best selling female soloist, as IU's past two records have sold roughly 48k each. 

I know some fans will say, sales don't matter, but they do! Let's hope for the best. And for the love of god, I hope she wins some end of the year awards!

I call foul that "Only One" did not win anything. 

#184 rahe

rahe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 08 March 2015 - 05:20 PM

@superlita but Only One did win an award @ Music Champion :P (better than nothing)

@celbel Agreed. I would love to see BoA slaying the digital music charts again. I hope she can sell at least 900k+ digitally ♡.♡

hmmn 900k digitally and 20k physically would be great! + Gaon counts international sales. So let's support BoA and buy her album!

#185 2boamystar

2boamystar

Always be BoA's fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 12:56 AM

I believe BoA can make it big. People do pay attention to real talents and BoA have tons of them :) ONLY ONE was a good example for that!

#186 celbel

celbel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 01:49 AM

I'm sure as long as the song is good and she doesn't have the bad luck of releasing her album at the same time as something that kills like gangnam style (cmon that was just ridiculous and worst luck ever!) and they don't try to cheat us by calling a 8 song album a full album.... she'll kill it!

Edited by celbel, 09 March 2015 - 03:37 AM.

#187 Boaboa0501

Boaboa0501

I know BoA*

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 05:13 AM

Anyone have Who's back Tour? Where to download the complete , i need it thanks for help

#188 sweetsora2

sweetsora2

I'm an official BoA fan!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 11:30 PM

j.que smith didn't work for BoA only..he work for DnE and exo too.

so 18 songs are for other SM singers..

seems like stereotypes the one doing her title track..since they're the first one work with BoA.

if s*** kingz didn't involved for her comeback,i hope it's nappytabs or ayako takeuchi.

since exo will work with nappytabs now,i just wish is not jillian meyers or rino nakasone.lol

that's MY WISH before..i hope she's comeback in the right time and can sold more,good if her new album can beat only one sales.

it feels nice to see her top the chart n winning on music show again,since that's been a long time.

also this is her 15th anniversary and she's rarely make a comeback too.

digital sales for general public..

physical sales..win on music shows and end of the year awards.

better she slays both..hahaha

and her rival not only iu now..there's taeyeon too.she'll make a debut soon.

#189 ShiroiChanUK

ShiroiChanUK

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 03:44 AM

^ I don't think SM will debut Taeyeon at the same time as BoA, LSM wouldn't allow it :lol:

Hmmm... 18 songs is a lot in just a few days... makes me worry about the quality even if they're for multiple SM stars. Also I don't think that just because Stereotypes were the first out of this bunch to work with BoA they've produced the title track. We won't know for sure until much later :) I wonder if BoA has composed anything for the album :) It'll be great to hear some more songs from her especially since her composition skills have improved a lot in recent years :)

#190 bakal3xs

bakal3xs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 847 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 04:28 AM

Maybe she worked on her title track by herself. She seemed to enjoy doing her own music so would be weird if she does nothing for her 15th bday album.
I wish sm just say which month her album ll be released ~.~

#191 ShiroiChanUK

ShiroiChanUK

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 06:16 AM

^ In addition to that during the Only One era I remember reading that BoA was so happy that SM wanted to use the song she wrote as the title track :)

I actually don't know what I'm more excited for, the upcoming album or the Here I Am concert DVD :lol:

#192 BoAMyJewel

BoAMyJewel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 06:39 PM

^you can record 18 high quality songs in a few days, because the songs were selected beforehand, the company listened to the demo then picked what they want to record, :D

and for me I'm more excited about the album, the DVD just has been too long to be THAT excited about, although I'm still excited to see some performance like Did Ya

Edited by BoAMyJewel, 10 March 2015 - 06:43 PM.

#193 hinachan

hinachan

I miss my mom so much....

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,472 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 07:19 PM

@rahe I'm hoping for her sales to be on par with "Hurricane Venus" which sold well over 55k.

Although "Only One" did well, selling 34k+, I felt it didn't do as well physically because the hype was lost after a not so great previous album.

The reason "Only One" didn't do well is that a lot of people considered it a major ripoff. SM sold it as an "album" when it was more realistically a mini album. Poor BoA had to go on the publicity trail, trying to defend this misrepresentation in interviews. :(

#194 ShiroiChanUK

ShiroiChanUK

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 03:33 AM

^ I knew there was a backlash but I didn't know that BoA felt like she had to go around defending SM's decision.

I'm personally not all that fussed about the physical sales because they don't carry much weight in Korea anyway.

^you can record 18 high quality songs in a few days, because the songs were selected beforehand, the company listened to the demo then picked what they want to record, :D

and for me I'm more excited about the album, the DVD just has been too long to be THAT excited about, although I'm still excited to see some performance like Did Ya

Ah! I see :) I thought they meant they wrote 18 songs in 5 days :lol: This can be done but very few people can write gold in little time.

I understand that but I'm really excited for it for some reason :lol:

#195 sweetsora2

sweetsora2

I'm an official BoA fan!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 04:40 AM

^ I don't think SM will debut Taeyeon at the same time as BoA, LSM wouldn't allow it :lol:

i'm not worry they will promote at the same time :) it's about BoA will have another rival for female soloist,since taeyeon from snsd n she's the popular member too.i bet if she's released ballad the song will be hits n slay the chart both physically n digitally.bcs korea loves ballad.

but it's ok..it's not really matter.lol

i'm pretty sure BoA will involved n composed few songs for this album..she's BoA she can do that n SM will give her permission,therefore this is her special album

for her anniversary.

and i can't wait for her new composed songs..i always love her work tbh.

how long we should wait until SM announced BoA comeback...

so the comeback list will be : Red Velvet --> EXO --> SNSD

seems like SM will focus on group comeback before they started with soloist again :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users