Photo

Racist or Not Racist?

race black people hair racism stereotype sensitive dread dreadlocks society problems

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

Poll: Was it racist? (1 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you think Giuliana's comment was racist?

1. Yes, it was racist (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. No, it was ignorant/stereotypical (1 votes [100.00%])

Percentage of vote: 100.00%

3. No, it was okay (0 votes [0.00%])

4. Other thoughts... (please write exactly what you think it was) (0 votes [0.00%])

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 mrsmushroomlee

mrsmushroomlee

I'm an official BoA fan!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 09:20 PM

So I guess most of us heard of the Giuliana comments about Zendaya's dreadlocks. If not then please watch this video.

Now the whole point here is not to crucify Giuliana or get her out of TV or something. I was just surprised by the amount of disagreement about this comment. White and black people said things like "Zendaya over reacted/It was not racist, stop making everything about race" etc. While a large group of people seemed to share the "it was racist, she should watch what she says/stop trying to make us black people look super sensitive" thought.

What do you think? Was it racist? What is racism for you?

And please vote if you feel like it ^^

Keep in mind that I don't want to start a war over this. It's not even about Giuliana. I just want to know what most people think about racism. Let's keep it civil guys (if anyone decides to join me haha)

Edited by mrsmushroomlee, 14 March 2015 - 09:26 PM.

#2 ShiroiChanUK

ShiroiChanUK

Caddie In Training

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,169 posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 06:44 AM

I think her comment was stereotypical not racist as hairstyles have nothing to do with a persons race.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users