Photo

【Official Thread】"Kiss My Lips" Promotions

• Please log in to reply
452 replies to this topic

Poll: "Kiss My Lips" (75 member(s) have cast votes)

Favorite Track On The Album?

1. Kiss My Lips (23 votes [30.67%])

Percentage of vote: 30.67%

2. Who Are You (3 votes [4.00%])

Percentage of vote: 4.00%

3. Smash (3 votes [4.00%])

Percentage of vote: 4.00%

4. Shattered (13 votes [17.33%])

Percentage of vote: 17.33%

5. Fox (4 votes [5.33%])

Percentage of vote: 5.33%

6. Double Jack (1 votes [1.33%])

Percentage of vote: 1.33%

7. Home (4 votes [5.33%])

8. Clockwork (8 votes [10.67%])

Percentage of vote: 10.67%

9. Love and Hate (1 votes [1.33%])

Percentage of vote: 1.33%

10. Green Light (4 votes [5.33%])

11. Hello (7 votes [9.33%])

Percentage of vote: 9.33%

12. Blah (4 votes [5.33%])

Vote Guests cannot vote

#331 ~yume~

~yume~

mmm... BoA's cute

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 10:26 AM

I don't think they ever mention her other anniversaries. Even when she promoted Only One before, they never really showed that it's gonna be her 12th anniversary then. They also didn't have any special promotions on her exact 12th anniversary. The only time they promoted her anniversary was on her 10th anniversary when she released Hurricane Venus. Probably why it sold so much. They promoted it hard back then with streets having banners of her anniversary everywhere. On Only One she had her own TV show solely for her album release. But for her 8th album, she had commercials on Mnet and well a poster on SM's artium. This is probably her worst ever promotion period.

Yes, that's true but even though 12 is a big number it isn't really too special of a number unlike 10 or 15? lol. Maybe I'm just being too hopeful.

#332 Kowan

Kowan

I can't get BoA off my mind!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 524 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 10:31 AM

Yes, that's true but even though 12 is a big number it isn't really too special of a number unlike 10 or 15? lol. Maybe I'm just being too hopeful.

LOL every anniversary should be special. I'm just hoping she gets more performances within the year, be it a concert, or an appearance on TV shows, whatever.

#333 bakal3xs

bakal3xs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 847 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 10:39 AM

Double jack sound good. Billie jean its like.. u know showing us that after she finish promote her album.. n u like wish she promoted a song in this vibe ha

#334 m_hero

m_hero

My girlfriend just dumped me. -_-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,025 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 10:49 AM

So sad for her to have to cut promotions for a concept and song she genuinely wanted in order to pander to an audience with bad taste. WAY choreo looks terrible (song doesn't give much to work with though).

Commercial success is definitely important, but if she had been in most other music industries (not Korean), KML would have been preferred over WAY. Just compare international reception to both songs.

Ditto.i just hope she can just be a true artist and do what she wants and not give in to easily forgettable "trend".kml was perfect in so many ways.

Oh god her hair... why Q_Q Bring back KML PLEASE Y_________Y

Ughhhh i hate her hair!kml's hair was so much better and complement her features. I like the performance tho.looks great but i still wish she could extend her kml promotion.

I really hate sm right now.cutting short her promotion and not giving enough hype about her album.she deserves at least a solid one month of promo!

The least that they can do right now is to give way a new mv with choreo and release dance practice of kml, way, green light, fox, and smash.

And a follow up song with totally new mv. And give her a tv show all on her own like BoA tv or something, release here i am dvd and let her have another solo concert this year called "kiss my ass". Yes i demand that much for BoA!

#335 candice

candice

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 10:53 AM

Sketchbook's performances are always great ! 

Also I find her hair style really pretty !

And I agree with some of you, she needs dance music !! She shines way more when dancing like she did for Billie Jean!

#336 Ryoga

Ryoga

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 580 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 10:57 AM

^ sm could do so much better promotion for her but they dont care at all for her anymore at least thats what it feels like. Yes they gave her the right to produce all her music but in the end the promotion fell flat and they were advertising it the wrong way.

#337 moonrabbit

moonrabbit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 657 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 11:20 AM

^ SM is great at spotting, putting together talented people and promoting them for an amount of time then dumping them to promote the newbies. This is how SM operates and I still stick around because I am still a fan of their older groups like The Grace and TRAX. Poor Zhang Li Yin still sticks around to be given leftover songs. It's no wonder they get sued by so many of their artists.

Ironically I still don't pay attention when WAY is playing; I usually like cute songs. KML is much more appealing to me though.

@m_hero

You should work at SM.

Edited by YourSonnetMyLove, 29 May 2015 - 01:35 PM.

#338 wwteng

wwteng

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 05:25 PM

Ohhhh....how I miss the tomboyish BoA!!!!!!!!

#339 Kentjr

Kentjr

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 08:15 PM

Yassss BoA. She did Billie Jean justice. I do really miss the breakdancing, go all out, BoA myself. I need that energy from her next album.

Edited by Kentjr, 29 May 2015 - 08:17 PM.

#340 BakoA

BakoA

mmm... BoA's cute

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 09:18 PM

The Billie jean performance really takes me back to when she performed Bad Drive/Sweet Impact during her The Face Tour.

The way she looked also reminded me of how she was in Bump Bump, Eien, Midnight Parade and Spark. I can only hope that she would apply this image/concept again for her future music promotions.

Edited by BakoA, 30 May 2015 - 06:29 AM.

#341 MOTOWAYohsixfive

MOTOWAYohsixfive

My girlfriend just dumped me. -_-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,960 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 09:31 PM

BoA came back with a long-awaited strong image (Kiss My Lips) and has successfully backtracked with Who Are You. She looks like literally every other Korean singer now (dressed the same, styled the same, dancing the same, acting the same...). KML was no beacon of originality, but it was more memorable than WAY. Hooray for Korea and its homogeneity! 

#342 Kowan

Kowan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 524 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 10:17 PM

LOL It's BoA's last week of promotions and Mcore gets canceled for the week! I wonder if that means she's gonna perform for next week?

#343 BoAMyJewel

BoAMyJewel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 10:20 PM

Ohhhh....how I miss the tomboyish BoA!!!!!!!!

Lol are you kidding me? We've had years of tomboyish BoA, bow let her be feminine for a couple of years

#344 Kowan

Kowan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 524 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 10:23 PM

Lol are you kidding me? We've had years of tomboyish BoA, bow let her be feminine for a couple of years

I don't think she actually had a tomboyish concept for her Korean promotions. It was all in Japan. 

#345 *-::Kwon Brian::-*

*-::Kwon Brian::-*

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 10:28 PM

Moto and Girls on Top are tomboyish style... and this album the my least favorite album from BoA hahahaha

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users